Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [AndrewL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndrewL wrote:
Anyone know where I can get the replacement Bontrager aerobatic pads (or something like them) for the gen 2 speed concept? I’ve scoured the internet and only can find the ceegees. Are these the only option? Thanks everybody.

Andrew

Any Trek dealer should be able to get them - they are relatively inexpensive if I rember also.

I upgraded to the CeeGees and would never go back to the OEM pads.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [cabdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it was me I would relocate that battery under the seat or in the draftbox and run the regular cover.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking for the cups & pads, or just pads? I have both. PM me if you’re interested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek website has messenger and I have found them very responsive. I needed a speed fin, which isn't listed anywhere, and they gave me the part number. I had to order from local Trek store.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any chance anyone has a spare Gen1 bottle + cage and/or draft box that would be interested in selling?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [BikedPotato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a gen1 draft box. It's white instead of black. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM sent.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't the white box actually just the black box with a white sticker?? Peel it off. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know the length of the long ergo mono extension from the most aft bolt position to the end of the extension? Can't tell if I can make the mono extension work or if I need to order the plug-in extension to get more length.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all

I recently adjusted my monobar and have put it back together but despite all the screws being tight I get a slight rock left to right of the arm pads. It's noticeable in the arm pads but could be the whole monobar too. I don't think the base bar or risers are affected. Does anyone know what might be happening
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Jason L] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
34cm from bottom bolt hole to top of extension.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [davidwilcock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davidwilcox, I had the same thing happen to me and it ended up being the monospacer not being fully seated into the basebar. Check to make sure the spacer is fully seated in the basebar holes.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking for cabling solution for high hands/ praying mantis position. Thinking mono plug for different extensions and staying with mechanical cabling.

Show pics if you have done something like this. Wondering what the cleanest look would be.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [teddygram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's others' experience of the typical lifetime of the original Trek armrest pads?

Mine have survived less than once season, so maybe ~10 races and a few training sessions, which seems remarkably short.

Also interested in experiences of fitting non-Trek armrests/pads a Speed Concept 9.9 with monobar. Any compatibility issues I should think about? I've found the Zipp armrests very comfortable on a previous bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [marting] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stock pads suck I never used them more than one ride... I switched to Zipp vuka pads, TriRig and now I use 51 speedshhop pads. They are all much better than the stick ones. 51ss are the most comfortable for me.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [marting] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zipp Vuka or 51speedshop. Both are far better pads than the stock ones.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After several attempts to buy used ones felt through I picked up my brand new speed concept this morning. As I was looking it over at the bike shop I noticed something that I had read about on here with someone else's bike. Whoever did the paint scheme painted on an SR-71 Blackbird right by the bottom bracket. I freaking love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a pretty cool. Would love to see a picture of it.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool stuff. What size did you end up getting?

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got the large. Numbers will get me close but may have to do a couple little things to make up the difference.... Going to build myself with the exception of the the pressfit bb as I have never done that before.

Open to any suggestions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, does any one put Di2 battery into seatpost? Is there any trek mounts for that?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ksavostin wrote:
Hi, does any one put Di2 battery into seatpost? Is there any trek mounts for that?

Into the aluminum seatpost or the carbon one?

I have stuffed the DI2 battery into the aluminum one and just wrapped it with some packing foam and tape. Fits great and the aluminum post is nice because I can use my road bike stand with it instead of getting a track stand or some sort of carbon seatpost clamp. Also saved like 200$. If its carbon then yes theres a mount for it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Aid.dre.an] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aid.dre.an wrote:
Ksavostin wrote:

I have stuffed the DI2 battery into the aluminum one and just wrapped it with some packing foam and tape. Fits great and the aluminum post is nice because I can use my road bike stand with it instead of getting a track stand or some sort of carbon seatpost clamp. Also saved like 200$. If its carbon then yes theres a mount for it.

I have carbon seatpost.

Is this mount i need ?
https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/frames-forks-c6/frame-fork-spares-c152/speed-concept-di2-internal-battery-mount-p12584
Quote Reply
Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone on here want to sell a Speed Fin for the current generation of Speed Concept? The long aero brake cover that sits below the bottom bracket - I know some people don't like them.

Ideally in black, and posting to the UK.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ksavostin wrote:
Aid.dre.an wrote:
Ksavostin wrote:

I have carbon seatpost.

Is this mount i need ?
https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/frames-forks-c6/frame-fork-spares-c152/speed-concept-di2-internal-battery-mount-p12584

I believe that is the part. I would suggest ordering through your lbs anyways though for that thing. You save like $1-2 and factor in shipping if there is any and its basically a wash. And any trek dealer should get you the correct part. All else fails ask the trek customer service, they can confirm. Plus you support your lbs. Win win
Quote Reply

Prev Next