Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

UFC 234 - Whitta... ah ... never mind ...
Quote | Reply
I was on the fence over this one before the announcement. But, this is a killer. I think I'm out.

Anyone planning on watching?

Robert Whittaker will not be defending his title on Saturday.

The middleweight champion was scheduled to defend against challenger Kelvin Gastelum in the main event of UFC 234 at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Australia, but MMA Fighting has confirmed that Whittaker has been forced to withdraw due to an injury. Per ESPN, Whittaker was diagnosed with a hernia and will undergo surgery today.

This was to be Whittaker’s first official defense of the middleweight title after a scheduled championship bout opposite Yoel Romero at UFC 225 became a non-title affair when Romero missed weight. Whittaker went on to win that five-round bout by unanimous decision.

https://www.mmafighting.com/...f-ufc-234-main-event

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: UFC 234 - Whitta... ah ... never mind ... [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He should get that lazy eye fixed while he’s at it....

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: UFC 234 - Whitta... ah ... never mind ... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So ... his bowel "popped out" and had to be "pushed back in" and "stitched in place."

Doctor said if he fought, it likely would have burst and he would have died. Damn.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
his bowel "popped out" and had to be "pushed back in"

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m watching the free-lims.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Same. First fight was entertaining.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Same. First fight was entertaining.

Dude went to sreep.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a fight tonight? News to me but since the “free” ESPN fight night fiasco I haven’t been following the circus that is UFC lately.

And how the hell does your bowels fall out?
Quote Reply
Re: UFC 234 - Whitta... ah ... never mind ... [TAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TAC wrote:
There was a fight tonight? News to me but since the “free” ESPN fight night fiasco I haven’t been following the circus that is UFC lately.

And how the hell does your bowels fall out?

Not ESPN+. PPV.

An inguinal hernia occurs when tissue, such as part of the intestine, protrudes through a weak spot in the abdominal muscles. The resulting bulge can be painful, especially when you cough, bend over or lift a heavy object.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/...-causes/syc-20351547

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok I get what an abdominal hernia is - but I read “bowels popped out” and it painted a different visual in my drunk mind.

This must be the worst advertised PPV in UFC history because I didnt see a single promo or get any emails about it. I normally get bombarded with them from UFC and my cable provider as a frequent buyer. Is the card any good?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TAC wrote:
Ok I get what an abdominal hernia is - but I read “bowels popped out” and it painted a different visual in my drunk mind.

This must be the worst advertised PPV in UFC history because I didnt see a single promo or get any emails about it. I normally get bombarded with them from UFC and my cable provider as a frequent buyer. Is the card any good?

This wasn't a typical "abdominal hernia." According to White and the doc, his bowel, not his intestine, poked through the stomach lining. It is "like" a hernia, but, involving his bowel instead of just is small intestine. Evidently, it is potentially deadly.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will just take your word for it and take a pass on clicking the links to read about his ass falling out.
Last edited by: TAC: Feb 9, 19 20:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, wifie, who has experience in this area with elderly individuals, says it is normally referred to as a "prolapsed rectum." So, um, yeah, his ass started to fall out ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Well, wifie, who has experience in this area with elderly individuals, says it is normally referred to as a "prolapsed rectum." So, um, yeah, his ass started to fall out ...

That seems bad. Wonder what happens if you get kicked in the ass while your ass is fallin gout.

I was already planning on not watching but that makes for a pretty thin card.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

http://bfy.tw/ImCt

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NOPE! Nope. Nope. NOPE!

Quote Reply