Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A star is born........... Howtf did I not know how it ended
Quote | Reply
We have just watched this

I genuinely had no idea how it ended

I am shocked

I think both, gaga and Cooper, were great. He more so.

I felt it moved a bit to quickly at the start, but it's a quibble.

I thought as a non singer copper did a good job, but as a singer non actor gaga did a great job.

I can only say, I can not believe that I had no idea how it ended given its been out for so long
Quote Reply
Re: A star is born........... Howtf did I not know how it ended [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least now you know. I still don't!
Quote Reply
Re: A star is born........... Howtf did I not know how it ended [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WOW! I feel foolish! All this time, I thought you were a dude.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You shame you, your ancestors, and descendants
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are there really guys out there who've watched A Star is Born?
Last edited by: Sanuk: Feb 10, 19 4:28
Quote Reply
Re: A star is born........... Howtf did I not know how it ended [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Apparently there's 1.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: A star is born........... Howtf did I not know how it ended [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

+1 more dude . . . saw it last week and really enjoyed it. I thought the acting and production were great. I want to go back and revisit the 1976 version with Kris and Barbara, still have that soundtrack on vinyl somewhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
We have just watched this

I genuinely had no idea how it ended

I am shocked

I think both, gaga and Cooper, were great. He more so.

I felt it moved a bit to quickly at the start, but it's a quibble.

I thought as a non singer copper did a good job, but as a singer non actor gaga did a great job.

I can only say, I can not believe that I had no idea how it ended given its been out for so long

And been made 3 or 4 times before.

P.S. - I have no idea how it ends. As I'm a guy.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: A star is born........... Howtf did I not know how it ended [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A.Mc can probably tell us how this one ends:

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched the 1937 and 1973 versions in film appreciation class in college as a comparative exercise.. I'm guessing this version either ends in a drowning or hanging?

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: A star is born........... Howtf did I not know how it ended [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd never seen any of them, so had no idea.........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this re one of those soap operas?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah just watched it, it felt obvious the second he said he'd come separately but still shocking.

Not ashamed to admit I loved the movie. Lady Gaga has some pipes and was very good in what was a challenging role and Bradley Cooper is awesome...I was actually pissed when I saw him swim, dude even looks like he's a good swimmer. Very entertaining, some great music and a sad but very good story.

My one gripe: Abby (Lady Gaga) turning into a pop star felt so out of character, there's no way she'd have allowed herself to become that glitzy pop dance entertainer, it just didn't fit the character or what she and Jack were building at all.
Quote Reply
Re: A star is born........... Howtf did I not know how it ended [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also think it just moved to fast at the start, from meeting to singing BUT, the ending.......
Quote Reply
Re: A star is born........... Howtf did I not know how it ended [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw it tonight and agree, great Oscar-worthy performances from the two of them. The pop star part seemed like they tried to make it fit for Lady Gaga but I thought she was more impressive in the non-pop singing scenes (especially when she first joined him on stage).

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Yes, those that like sex.
Quote Reply