Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
He's going to Viet Nam...
Quote | Reply
...about 50 yrs later than originally asked. Hope the bone spurs don't act up this time. :-)

But seriously, IMHO, I suspect Trump is being played even more.

https://www.cnn.com/...i-vietnam/index.html

"Our hostages have come home, nuclear testing has stopped and there has not been a missile launch in more than 15 months. If I had not been elected President of the United States, we would right now, in my opinion, be in a major war with North Korea," Trump said Tuesday on Capitol Hill."
Last edited by: cerveloguy: Feb 8, 19 20:41
Quote Reply
Re: He's going to Viet Nam... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It should be safe for him to go there now. Probably.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the interest of being nonpartisan, I hope he doesn't come under sniper fire with the chopper lands. ;)

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: He's going to Viet Nam... [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
In the interest of being nonpartisan, I hope he doesn't come under sniper fire with the chopper lands. ;)

That only happens in the Balkans
Quote Reply
Re: He's going to Viet Nam... [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:

But Vietnam is communist, like Venezuela. Shouldn't we be trying to support regime change there? We wouldn't want some kind of domino effect where communism spreads around that area.
Quote Reply
Re: He's going to Viet Nam... [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:

But Vietnam is communist, like Venezuela. Shouldn't we be trying to support regime change there? We wouldn't want some kind of domino effect where communism spreads around that area.

One step at a time. First we talk rockets, then we talk beachfront property. Right?

And now that I think about it, Venezuela has some amazing beaches that could use some luxury hotels. Has anyone told El Presidente?
Quote Reply
Re: He's going to Viet Nam... [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BarryP wrote:

That only happens in the Balkans

That was Hillary Clinton in Sarajevo. And she "misspoke".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stephen King tweeted it best: "Unlike Donald Trump, who doesn't read, Kim Jong-un knows The Art of War, by Sun Tzu: "Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His constant winning really grinds your gears, doesn't it?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: He's going to Viet Nam... [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

Can't wait to see how much winning he's going to do against Mueller or in the 2020 election, assuming he runs again which may not happen. In the long term against his good buddies Putin and Kim he won't be winning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:

Can't wait to see how much winning he's going to do against Mueller or in the 2020 election, assuming he runs again which may not happen. In the long term against his good buddies Putin and Kim he won't be winning.

When he gets reelected, it's going to kill you!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:

No just you. Its your country.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:

I know it is! Yet you are OBSESSED with us!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:

I know it is! Yet you are OBSESSED with us!!!

Yes I am but that's because I care and worry deeply about my southern neighbors. Don't I forget as a CDN military brat I lived in the USA twice while growing up (Indiana and New Mexico) and have visited something like 34 states. I have always loved your country even if I don't always understand some stuff about it. Just sad to see that you elected such a fucking moron for president this time around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:

Yes I am but that's because I care and worry deeply about my southern neighbors. Don't I forget as a CDN military brat I lived in the USA twice while growing up (Indiana and New Mexico) and have visited something like 34 states. I have always loved your country even if I don't always understand some stuff about it. Just sad to see that you elected such a fucking moron for president this time around.

I know. It's been 10 consecutive years of asinine decisions. Hopefully people will start taking the Presidential election seriously the next time around.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

I know. It's been 10 consecutive years of asinine decisions. Hopefully people will start taking the Presidential election seriously the next time around.

I liked Obama. He was tied by the Pubs holding the house and senate. Articulate intelligent man with a very intelligent wife. Quite a contrast to the bully celebrity TV host and his trophy ex model Russian wife. Never liked Dubya much at the time, but in retrospect appreciate him much more when compared to the current guy. In Canada in most of those years we had Harper and his Conservative Party government and didn't like the guy one bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:

I liked Obama. He was tied by the Pubs holding the house and senate. Articulate intelligent man with a very intelligent wife. Quite a contrast to the bully celebrity TV host and his trophy ex model Russian wife. Never liked Dubya much at the time, but in retrospect appreciate him much more when compared to the current guy. In Canada in most of those years we had Harper and his Conservative Party government and didn't like the guy one bit.

He sure was, right after he fucked over the entire country with Obamacare!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

I really don't know much about it. Just happy we have government health care. Always worked for me and never had to worry about declaring bankruptcy. If I have to wait a couple of days in line for that booboo on my knee I'm fine with it. The one time in my life when I needed life saving emergency care I have no complaints as I was made a priority.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

I really don't know much about it. Just happy we have government health care. Always worked for me and never had to worry about declaring bankruptcy. If I have to wait a couple of days in line for that booboo on my knee I'm fine with it. The one time in my life when I needed life saving emergency care I have no complaints as I was made a priority.

You Canadians have had your entire lives to adapt to mediocrity. You know no different. So, of course you are happy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

You Canadians have had your entire lives to adapt to mediocrity. You know no different. So, of course you are happy.

When it comes to government health care systems around the world, the concept is to treat everybody equally under the system. Universal health care is considered a basic right. In the USA a basic right is to own a hand gun. All a matter of priorities I suppose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:

When it comes to government health care systems around the world, the concept is to treat everybody equally under the system. Universal health care is considered a basic right. In the USA a basic right is to own a hand gun. All a matter of priorities I suppose.

If it wasn't for the gun, more specifically, Americans with guns, you would be speaking German or Japanese or Russian and your "universal health care" would be quite different than what you experience today.

You. Are. Welcome!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

If it wasn't for the gun, more specifically, Americans with guns, you would be speaking German or Japanese or Russian and your "universal health care" would be quite different than what you experience today.

You. Are. Welcome!

Yeah, absolutely nobody in the world would be speaking English right now. Are there some good Chuck Norris or Rambo movies on for you to watch tonight?

BTW - thanks for all your protection in the War of 1812. Last time I checked, since then, we were always on the same side and Canada punched above its weight.

I'll let you have the last word because I've gotta go now. Otherwise I'd be doing the rebuttal thing all night which we both know is your intent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Which mediocrity are you talking about? Mediocre healthcare vs no healthcare? Mediocre guns vs guns for all? I have been in healthcare for the past 5 yrs. It is not perfect but is is pretty darn good vs those who don't have it. Need a joint replacement surgery? You will get it. Not immediately as it seems to me that Americans want, but in few months. You are not going to die waiting. Emergency surgery? You will get it immediately. You will be charged for the ambulance ride unless you have extended medical insurance but it is small price to pay. Some of my patients complain about health care here. I always ask them where would they rather be: in US where they can't afford insurance, in, say Central African Republic or Canada? That always ends it.
Quote Reply
Re: He's going to Viet Nam... [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Which mediocrity are you talking about? Mediocre healthcare vs no healthcare? Mediocre guns vs guns for all? I have been in healthcare for the past 5 yrs. It is not perfect but is is pretty darn good vs those who don't have it. Need a joint replacement surgery? You will get it. Not immediately as it seems to me that Americans want, but in few months. You are not going to die waiting. Emergency surgery? You will get it immediately. You will be charged for the ambulance ride unless you have extended medical insurance but it is small price to pay. Some of my patients complain about health care here. I always ask them where would they rather be: in US where they can't afford insurance, in, say Central African Republic or Canada? That always ends it.

Quote Reply

Prev Next