Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Soon-to-Be Presidential Candidate Amy Klobuchar Mistreated Staff, Aides
Quote | Reply
Amy Klobuchar is the phony "moderate" Democratic U.S. senator from the great state of Minnesota, eh? She is, and always has been, a reliably solid vote for most every far-left policy that makes its way over the transom, though she works really, really hard at pretending to be far more middle-of-the-road than she actually is. She's also probably going to announce this weekend that she's entering the Thunderdome, seeking to be the Democratic nominee for Preezy of the United Steezy in 2020, going up against Donald "Sauron" Trump in a winner-take-all, to-the-death, match not seen since, well... since 2016. There's just one small problem: According to that eminently trustworthy and always reliable news site, Buzzfeed, she's occasionally a raging bee-yotch to her staff members:

"That anger regularly left employees in tears, four former staffers said. She yelled, threw papers, and sometimes even hurled objects; one aide was accidentally hit with a flying binder, according to someone who saw it happen, though the staffer said the senator did not intend to hit anyone with the binder when she threw it.

“I cried. I cried, like, all the time,” said one former staffer…

Most staffers who spoke with BuzzFeed News are experienced Congressional employees who say they have worked with difficult lawmakers, male and female, in the past. But as a boss, Klobuchar was uniquely unbearable, most former staffers said — in a way that four staffers said was “worse” than any rumors about her behavior they had heard.

Anything could set her temper off, they said, and it was often unpredictable. Among the things that staffers said had prompted outbursts from Klobuchar: minor grammar mistakes; the use of the word “community” in press releases; forgetting to pack the proper coat in her suitcase; failing to charge her iPad; using staples."

Honestly, does Klobuchar stand a snowball's chance in hell of beating out some of the more "electable" (I guess) declared Democrats for the White House, like U.S. senator Kamala "Side Piece" Harris or Spartacus Booker (and his imaginary dope-dealing friend, T-Bone), or even the original paleface phony Native American, Elizabeth Warren? I ain't seeing it, but like I said: I fucking suck at the political prognostication game, so what the fuck do I know?

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Soon-to-Be Presidential Candidate Amy Klobuchar Mistreated Staff, Aides [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get a life!

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Soon-to-Be Presidential Candidate Amy Klobuchar Mistreated Staff, Aides [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea get life! Stop being mean to liberals. The folks here might melt!
Quote Reply
Re: Soon-to-Be Presidential Candidate Amy Klobuchar Mistreated Staff, Aides [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Yea get life! Stop being mean to liberals. The folks here might melt!

Typically, on posts I do on subjects like these, the "first responder" is generally an eminent personage from the left. It's just the circle of life for me, heh. And then I get lectured for my incivility or some other personal defect in my character. Like I said; "circle of life" stuff, and SOP around these parts.

Honestly, the best outcome for me would be that no wins in 2020. Because then we'd all win. But I don't see any escape from the cookpot for us, sad to say.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Current President mistreated staff, aides
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yawn, 0 out of 10 on the troll-o-meter.

Your heart doesn't seem to be into this one. Nice line about the cookpot, though. You spend a whole lot of effort stirring it, and then pretend someone else is holding the spoon.
Last edited by: oldandslow: Feb 8, 19 21:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too long. Didn’t read.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And how is this relevant in any way after Trump’s well-documented sordid character wasn’t a detriment to him winning office?

I mean, I wish this shit were relevant because it ought to be; it’s just that the ship has sailed on above board Presidential character being necessary and won’t right itself until DJT is out of office in January, 2021.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wish Whitaker worked for her....what a load that fricker is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
“what the fuck do I know?“

Truer words never spoken.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Anything could set her temper off, they said, and it was often unpredictable. Among the things that staffers said had prompted outbursts from Klobuchar: minor grammar mistakes; the use of the word “community” in press releases; forgetting to pack the proper coat in her suitcase; failing to charge her iPad; using staples."
Imagine what would happen if she spent time reading LR threads.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Soon-to-Be Presidential Candidate Amy Klobuchar Mistreated Staff, Aides [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Too long. Didn’t read.

Too lame. Didn't read.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the report.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Soon-to-Be Presidential Candidate Amy Klobuchar Mistreated Staff, Aides [wesley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wesley wrote:

Well, it looks like I know how to read and comprehend, which is a skill I find many sorely lack these days. From the Huffington Post, which reports that Klobuchar's mistreatment of her staff became so bad that Harry Reid, then the Senate minority leader, had to speak to her about it back in 2015:

"Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar’s mistreatment of her office staff began more than a decade ago and eventually caused such concerns that in 2015, then-Senate minority leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) spoke to her privately and told her to change her behavior, multiple sources have confirmed to HuffPost."

Politicians, man.

Quote Reply
Re: Soon-to-Be Presidential Candidate Amy Klobuchar Mistreated Staff, Aides [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:

Who the fuck is "Whitaker?" A character from Parks & Recreation or something?

Quote Reply
Re: Soon-to-Be Presidential Candidate Amy Klobuchar Mistreated Staff, Aides [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
And how is this relevant in any way after Trump’s well-documented sordid character wasn’t a detriment to him winning office?

I mean, I wish this shit were relevant because it ought to be; it’s just that the ship has sailed on above board Presidential character being necessary and won’t right itself until DJT is out of office in January, 2021.

Once again, slowly: I don't give a fuck about President Dumbass and all his Russian whores and corrupt hangers-on. We already know about his glaring deficiencies. The rest of these pathetic losers, phonies and corruptocrats, though... they definitely deserve some public airing of their dirty laundry.

Also, whoever wins in 2020, we lose. Simple as that. Once we all wake up to that fact we'll finally be on the road to really fixing this shit.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
tyrod1 wrote:

Who the fuck is "Whitaker?" A character from Parks & Recreation or something?
Seriousl? I thought you were some kind of news and politics whiz kid. You are showing yourself for what you are BK.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
wesley wrote:

Well, it looks like I know how to read and comprehend, which is a skill I find many sorely lack these days. From the Huffington Post, which reports that Klobuchar's mistreatment of her staff became so bad that Harry Reid, then the Senate minority leader, had to speak to her about it back in 2015:

"Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar’s mistreatment of her office staff began more than a decade ago and eventually caused such concerns that in 2015, then-Senate minority leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) spoke to her privately and told her to change her behavior, multiple sources have confirmed to HuffPost."

Politicians, man.
The article makes it sound like she is absolutely qualified to get the top job. The current holder is certainly meeting those current qualifications. So what is your point? A whole bosses have trouble finding the best people? Yeah, I think we know (and are experiencing) that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe you know the answer to this because I don't. When someone brings up Obama in a thread about Trump they're criticized for "what about-ism" Yet it seems everytime there's a negative thread about a liberal those same critics bring up Trump, as seen here. So is "what about-ism" okay or not okay?
Quote Reply
Re: Soon-to-Be Presidential Candidate Amy Klobuchar Mistreated Staff, Aides [PrinceMax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PrinceMax wrote:
Maybe you know the answer to this because I don't. When someone brings up Obama in a thread about Trump they're criticized for "what about-ism" Yet it seems everytime there's a negative thread about a liberal those same critics bring up Trump, as seen here. So is "what about-ism" okay or not okay?

Honestly, I understand what my fellow Michiganian, Mr. Roadie, is saying in this thread: that because of the current guy's past -- and how the electorate seemingly disregarded it -- it's going to be tough to make any so-called "behavior" charge against any Democratic presidential candidate stick, given the "new normal." Maybe that's true and maybe it isn't. Donny von Drumpf may have set the bar for a new standard or he may be a YUGE outlier and we'll revert to the norm in 2020, only time will tell. Others here will always do the what-about-ism thing, of course, because that's a natural fallback position whenever a political sacred cow is slaughtered, no matter the party identification.

What's for sure for me, is that every one of these sensational folks entering the Thunderdome needs to be called out when and where they deserve it. Apparently, Klobuchar -- who's already a political phony who masks her far-left idiocy behind a facade of supposed "Minnesota centrism" -- is an ogre-on-wheels with her underlings and subordinates, and she's left a trail of human staff wreckage behind her. As the Washington Post notes in relation to Congressional staff turnover (she had the highest in the Senate from 2001 to 2016), such a phenomenon is often an indicator of more serious underlying issues with politicians who have such high turnover rates.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a millennial. Can you condense that down in to 140 characters or less so I understand what you're saying?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Soon-to-Be Presidential Candidate Amy Klobuchar Mistreated Staff, Aides [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
I'm a millennial. Can you condense that down in to 140 characters or less so I understand what you're saying?

Hahahahahahaha! Reply of the day! Well played, sir!

Quote Reply
Re: Soon-to-Be Presidential Candidate Amy Klobuchar Mistreated Staff, Aides [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Too long. Didn’t read.

Wow. BK, you've even lost Duffy. That should tell you something.
Quote Reply
Re: Soon-to-Be Presidential Candidate Amy Klobuchar Mistreated Staff, Aides [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Too long. Didn’t read.

Wow. BK, you've even lost Duffy. That should tell you something.

I rarely read his posts.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Soon-to-Be Presidential Candidate Amy Klobuchar Mistreated Staff, Aides [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s 280 now, and ever since Trump doubled his power. Obama couldn’t do that. #winning

BCtriguy1 wrote:
Quote Reply

Prev Next