Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

You're not welcome here kids. Next time stay home.
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: You're not welcome here kids. Next time stay home. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice.

Let’s exploit a grieving daughter to score points on Bad Orange Man.

I’d say what I think of Meghan but I’m not the type to attack the grieving. Most people aren’t the type.

That’s why they’ll use her.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: You're not welcome here kids. Next time stay home. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your doing a fine job of balancing out BK's posts.

We should keep a rolling count. 1 for the left, 1 for the right. 1 for Trump, 1 for (enter liberal politician here).....
Quote Reply
Re: You're not welcome here kids. Next time stay home. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree. Refusing to go there would have been the best thing she could have done. Meghan had an opportunity to make her case by promoting her father’s positive legacy and his leadership on its own merits without mentioning DJT or anything tied to the current administration. But an agent of subtlety she ain’t.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Nice.

I’d say what I think of Meghan but I’m not the type to attack the grieving. Most people aren’t the type.

Dude I'm just the messenger. My post sure didn't take very long to bring out the orange ball washers however.
Quote Reply
Re: You're not welcome here kids. Next time stay home. [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Agree. Refusing to go there would have been the best thing she could have done. Meghan had an opportunity to make her case by promoting her father’s positive legacy and his leadership on its own merits without mentioning DJT or anything tied to the current administration. But an agent of subtlety she ain’t.

She's not subtle? Pull your head out of your ass.

"McCain's jab at Ivanka Trump and Kushner comes following Trump's recent attack on the late senator at a private lunch for television anchors last Tuesday, The New York Times reported. The President referenced McCain's famous vote to sink the repeal of the Affordable Care Act and that "he wrote a book and the book bombed," Trump said, according to the Times."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Nice.

Dude I'm just the messenger. My post sure didn't take very long to bring out the orange ball washers however.

I wasn’t attacking you, I was attacking Colbert.

I wasn’t defending Trump, I was defending Meghan McCain.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And stepping into Trump’s muck helps her case how?

cerveloguy wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

"McCain's jab at Ivanka Trump and Kushner comes following Trump's recent attack on the late senator at a private lunch for television anchors last Tuesday, The New York Times reported. The President referenced McCain's famous vote to sink the repeal of the Affordable Care Act and that "he wrote a book and the book bombed," Trump said, according to the Times."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

McCain ran for re-election on repealing Obamacare.

Fuck that guy.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Nice.

I wasn’t attacking you, I was attacking Colbert.

I wasn’t defending Trump, I was defending Meghan McCain.

Sorry lost in translation. You've got to upgrade to Canadian English.:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McCain died a bitter and petty man, as many old men do. I'm sorry for his suffering 50 years ago. He was a shit-head as a politician.
Quote Reply
Re: You're not welcome here kids. Next time stay home. [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spiridon Louis wrote:
McCain died a bitter and petty man, as many old men do. I'm sorry for his suffering 50 years ago. He was a shit-head as a politician.

Well, I'd have to say a lot of people feel the same way about Trump. Pick your poison.
Quote Reply
Re: You're not welcome here kids. Next time stay home. [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bitter old man or just an older, wiser man who was standing against someone who represented things McCain opposed?

Spiridon Louis wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: You're not welcome here kids. Next time stay home. [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bitter because he lost while the orange haired bovine fecal material won. He rightly considered Trump to be far less qualified than he was. However, McCain doomed himself with his choice of Palin.

Don

Tri-ing to have fun. Anything else is just a bonus!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Bitter old man or just an older, wiser man who was standing against someone who represented things McCain opposed?

Spiridon Louis wrote:

Bitter and petty to me. You are allowed to feel differently. I haven't respected him for years. Nothing he did in the past few years surprised me. McCain served himself in the end, not his country. He wouldn't let Trump have a win, kepping himself in the spotlight instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
“Wouldn’t let Trump have a win.” And how is Trump having a win for the sake of a win relevant to what’s right for the country? Trump could have resolved his lack of a win on health care by acting like a leader and having the plan he promised and said was so easy, but he introduced no such plan nor any plan. Seems to me that McCain saw through the charade and wasn’t going to participate in it for the sake of putting the party above all else.

So this is your opinion, not based in fact. Got it. That’s OK, but let’s be clear that it’s purely knee jerk opinion.

Spiridon Louis wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

Spiridon Louis wrote:

Bitter and petty to me. You are allowed to feel differently. I haven't respected him for years. Nothing he did in the past few years surprised me. McCain served himself in the end, not his country. He wouldn't let Trump have a win, kepping himself in the spotlight instead.
Quote Reply
Re: You're not welcome here kids. Next time stay home. [Tri2HaveFun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely right — Palin cost that election and it was an awful choice on McCain’s part. Inexplicable, really. And yet despite her he still had a shot at defeating Obama, who was a good, compelling candidate even if one disagreed with his policies. Personally, McCain lost my vote purely because of Palin, Obama didn’t gain my vote as a result, and I know many others who were the same, although I highly respected Obama as an individual and leader.

I just don’t see McCain’s actions as bitter after seeing Trump win. Different times and situations altogether. I viewed him as seeing Trump come in as an absolute rupture to the party and the ideals of the nation. He watched Trump hurl vile insults at literally every other primary candidate and party leadership but once Trump had the nomination they all rolled over on their backs like lap dogs urinating on themselves with excitement, tails wagging that Trump might give them a little attention and a treat, wholly subservient to him, casting their supposed values aside in favor of the party over the country. That didn’t seem to be in McCain’s nature so he actively and vocally stayed his course. That’s how I see it.

But Meghan getting into the mode of defense and jabbing back does come across as bitter and beneath the character of her father, though it’s despicable she was put in that place in the interview.

Tri2HaveFun wrote:
Bitter because he lost while the orange haired bovine fecal material won. He rightly considered Trump to be far less qualified than he was. However, McCain doomed himself with his choice of Palin.
Last edited by: MidwestRoadie: Feb 8, 19 22:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
But Meghan getting into the mode of defense and jabbing back does come across as bitter and beneath the character of her father

Just curious, how do you square calling Meghan bitter for not wanting the Trump kids at the funeral yet disagree with my assessment of McCain being bitter for forbidding Trump to attend his funeral? Seems the same to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure how I feel about any of this, however once you start talking about it on Cobert I guess it's fair game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spiridon Louis wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:
But Meghan getting into the mode of defense and jabbing back does come across as bitter and beneath the character of her father

Just curious, how do you square calling Meghan bitter for not wanting the Trump kids at the funeral yet disagree with my assessment of McCain being bitter for forbidding Trump to attend his funeral? Seems the same to me.

There was /is animus in spades by both McCains towards Trump. The Senator's animus was sourced on his perception that Trump weakened the country and republican party. It was both personal and bitter. His daughter's animus was both personal and bitter but sourced primarily on Trump's attacks on her father. No fault anywhere. Trumps kids were not welcome and now serve as collateral damage. Our better angels were muted.

John McCain's funeral was a full on attack against the Trump. The Bush funeral that followed was the teaching moment for Trump and family with penance to be paid and measure to be made in the front pew. All were welcome to listen to our better angels speaking clearly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Nice.

Dude, he is right, and not washing Trump's balls on this.

Also, as someone else pointed out, you really do balance out BK's attacks on the left.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: You're not welcome here kids. Next time stay home. [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think to balance out the posts he would need to post at least 2x as much and each post would have to be around 10 times longer filled with conspiracies, rants and factually inaccuracies.
Quote Reply
Re: You're not welcome here kids. Next time stay home. [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Nice.

Dude, he is right, and not washing Trump's balls on this.

Also, as someone else pointed out, you really do balance out BK's attacks on the left.[/quote)

Horse shit. If Trump called your dad not a war hero because he got caught (Trump only likes winners remember) would you want any of his family there. I wouldn't.
Quote Reply