Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Gonna have a beer this Friday night? Watcha drinkin'
Quote | Reply
Gonna pour one soon. Steam Whistle, a small CDN brewery that makes a great Czech style pilsner as their only product. BLeP approved as I believe its his #1. How about you?
Quote Reply
Re: Gonna have a beer this Friday night? Watcha drinkin' [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me - Eagle Rare bourbon

Wifie - Don Julio 1942

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Gonna have a beer this Friday night? Watcha drinkin' [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Me - Eagle Rare bourbon

Wifie - Don Julio 1942

Now we can get into a serious conversation after our dribble earlier today. How did court go btw?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it was you who turned me on to Eagle Rare. That stuff is straight from the heavens. I did a blind taste test with ER and three others, nothing came close.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Gonna have a beer this Friday night? Watcha drinkin' [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I think it was you who turned me on to Eagle Rare. That stuff is straight from the heavens. I did a blind taste test with ER and three others, nothing came close.

I don't recall ever seeing it up here, but I'm not a huge bourbon drinker.

http://www.buffalotracedistillery.com/brands/eagle-rare
Last edited by: cerveloguy: Feb 8, 19 17:39
Quote Reply
Re: Gonna have a beer this Friday night? Watcha drinkin' [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Gonna pour one soon. Steam Whistle, a small CDN brewery that makes a great Czech style pilsner as their only product. BLeP approved as I believe its his #1. How about you?

Went cheap for the weekend. Labatt Blue
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
Me - Eagle Rare bourbon

Wifie - Don Julio 1942

Now we can get into a serious conversation after our dribble earlier today. How did court go btw?

Boring! It was a long day, but, it went well. Won't get a ruling for a few weeks, but, I think it will go our way.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Gonna have a beer this Friday night? Watcha drinkin' [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

Yep! Eagle Rare used to be the best kept secret in the bourbon world. Retails for about $26 for a 10 year bourbon from Buffalo Trace. I am dumbfounded by the price b/c it beats the socks off of a litany of bourbons that retail for 3-6 times the price.

What kills me is that it is difficult to find here in the Milwaukee area. But, when I go up to Green Bay, I can routinely find it at Festival Foods grocery store.

Quote Reply
Re: Gonna have a beer this Friday night? Watcha drinkin' [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Hadn't had Blue for many years but bought a two-four last summer. Wished I hadn't. Didn't realize you're in Canada? Thought you were in California?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Free State Stormchaser IPA. And if I drink the 4 of those I have on hand, and need one more, a Bud Select of questionable vintage. There’s a liquor store run on my itinerary for tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
orphious wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Hadn't had Blue for many years but bought a two-four last summer. Wished I hadn't. Didn't realize you're in Canada? Thought you were in California?

Near Albany NY actually. Grew up 60 miles South of Buffalo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sierra Nevada Summerfest, which is ironic given the temperature outside.
Quote Reply
Re: Gonna have a beer this Friday night? Watcha drinkin' [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
orphious wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Near Albany NY actually. Grew up 60 miles South of Buffalo.

My cousin lived in Albany for many years. Used to go there a lot in the 80/90's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Phillips "Black magic". It's a dark ale. Absolutely delicious.

Picking up burgers from my favorite place for the wife and I. Might sit out back with the wife for a El Ray del Mundo Cuban cigar and eagle rare bourbon later while the wife has a vodka soda.

I love Fridays.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moosehead Lager
Quote Reply
Re: Gonna have a beer this Friday night? Watcha drinkin' [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
Moosehead Lager

Good stuff. Couldn't really class it as micro brew but still a family owned brewery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1 x Lagunitas Hop Stoopid IPA
2 x Bell's HopSlam DIPA

Next? Wine or whiskey...

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triple C IPA (Charlotte NC brewery).

12yo son and I hit up a pizza place after his swim practice.

Somehow he ordered a cheese-less pizza (WTF??) and and they gladly remade him a margherita as I was shoving my prosciutto pizza down my gullet (this place has a condiment bar with fresh chopped garlic which is amazing and I probably put a full bulb on mine).

Bartender poured one of the IPAs a little foamy (according to him) and gave me a bonus beer.

Wonderful dinner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cheers.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smoke and Dagger black lager from Jack’s Abby out of Framingham MA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
50+ wrote:
Moosehead Lager

Good stuff. Couldn't really class it as micro brew but still a family owned brewery.

Moosehead is my favourite beer, actually... and at 13.99 / 12 pk here in La Belle Province, it works for me... :) I swear, if I lived anywhere else in Canada, my drinking problem would be a problem... access to cheap Walmart booze and 6$ 6-packs of the week in the US would be dangerous...lol

After reading jkca21's post, I'm sipping a vodka rocks with a Moosehead chaser while sitting here next to my girls - 15 and 14 - while they watch something on the iPad and laugh and I'm feeling pretty ok, yet terrified...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's always on the shelf down here. I can ship a few bottles up if you're on the hunt.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Senorita Imperial Porter from Elevation Beer Company in Poncha Springs, Colorado. It's a limited release and 8.5% ABV. Very nice!

Don

Tri-ing to have fun. Anything else is just a bonus!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am drinking a "Northwest Storm" - Captain Morgan Spiced Run, Fentimans Ginger Beer, fresh squeezed lime juice and bitters

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Me - Eagle Rare bourbon

Wifie - Don Julio 1942
Buffalo Trace. I'm one of the poors (or I could just be on the tightwad side)

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply

Prev Next