Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The all too early what will happen in football next season thread
Quote | Reply
1. The Steelers will be a total shit show. They will lose Bell to the Colts and Brown to the 49ers.
2. Brian Flores will do a good job with Miami but they still won't make the playoffs.
3. The Bears will win their division, and the Packers will finish 3rd. JSA won't be happy but will still post that the Bears suck.
4. The Jets, Cards, Jags, Giants will remain the shittiest teams in the NFL.
5. McVay won't repeat the Rams great season.
6. Gronk will retire but the Pats will still make the AFC conference championship and Edelman's beard will be ridiculous again.
7. The Browns will have a winning record.
8. Conference championships will be Pats - Chiefs and Bears - Saints.
9. Cowboys fans will have their hearts broken again (sorry jmh)
10. Mahomes will throw for more than 50 TDs in the regular season.

You can add your own made up crap below.
Quote Reply
Re: The all too early what will happen in football next season thread [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meh. I'm boycotting the NFL. I'm tired of watched scripted sporting events. I'm devoting my sports fandom to something more honest like professional wrestling.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: The all too early what will happen in football next season thread [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would think if it weee scripted, the NFL could have done better than a fight between defenses and a total of 16 points.
Quote Reply
Re: The all too early what will happen in football next season thread [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The season will be cancelled on account of this years Not so Super Bowl.

Seriously though, why do you want to dis' the Steelers? If the other "B" is still pitchin it, it's all good.
Quote Reply
Re: The all too early what will happen in football next season thread [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still needs to throw to people. This year was a crap show. But then I’m just making shit up. Mostly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#8 Da Bears will dominate the NFC North and will have the best record in the NFL with a top 3 defense and top 10 offense.
#7 The Steelers will suck. The Browns and Ravens will battle it out for the AFC North. The Browns will end up taking it.
#6 The Saints will regress significantly as Drew Brees does not age as well as Tom Brady
#5 The Pats will regress a bit as Tom Brady still ages. But Belichik compensates by giving the Pats the best DEFENSE in the NFL.. Probably made up of cast off free agents and trades.
#4 The Jags will get a good QB (Nick Foles? Teddy Bridgewater) - they will be better but now their defense is over-ripe and will start to hinder them (Jalan Ramsey who?)
#3 The worst records in the NFL will be.. Dolphins, Cards, Raiders, Bungles, and the Washington Franchise.
#2 The Best records in the NFL will be... Bears, Colts, Chiefs, Eagles
#1 The Bills make the playoffs as a WC and upset the Colts in the AFC Championship Game. Then they stun the Bears in the Superbowl. (This last one may be a bit of a reach)

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Last edited by: Guffaw: Feb 8, 19 11:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The NFL will scrap their "under further review" policy and tell their refs, "Do your job. We won't be looking over your shoulder and we also won't be bailing you out if you screw up." The games will flow better and there won't be any more bad calls than we had this year. (We can dream.)

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RB's and WR's can be had on open market or draft. QB's not so. I did hear mention of a New Green Deal, so maybe the Jets and Pack make it next year? Or was that 2020? Am sure that is what AOC is talking about. She is a NY'er after all. Not meant to hijack, just making shit up--as well as testing the strength of her unhinging force of course.
Quote Reply
Re: The all too early what will happen in football next season thread [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New green deal will only apply to the Seahawks and Eagles. Jets and Packers will suck.

And Guffaw is drunk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NFC v NFC doesn't hack it. The Jets and AOC are still in play.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
And Guffaw is drunk.

I'm a Bills fan.... So yeah, of course I'm drunk and have questionable judgement.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Last edited by: Guffaw: Feb 8, 19 12:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
1. The Steelers will be a total shit show. They will lose Bell to the Colts and Brown to the 49ers.
2. Brian Flores will do a good job with Miami but they still won't make the playoffs.
3. The Bears will win their division, and the Packers will finish 3rd. JSA won't be happy but will still post that the Bears suck.
5. McVay won't repeat the Rams great season.
6. Gronk will retire but the Pats will still make the AFC conference championship and Edelman's beard will be ridiculous again.
7. The Browns will have a winning record.
8. Conference championships will be Pats - Chiefs and Bears - Saints.
9. Cowboys fans will have their hearts broken again (sorry jmh)
10. Mahomes will throw for more than 50 TDs in the regular season.

You can add your own made up crap below.

1. Agreed. They were a shit show this season, so you are really going out on limb.
2. They will better than average... just. They will go 9-7. Flores will be okay this season.
3. GB will be 2nd to the Bears in the NFC North. Split games with the Lions and Vikings. And JSA will watch and not know who to blame for an average season.
4. Giants will be less shitty than the Redskins, but agree with the others.
5. The Rams will make the playoffs, but lose in the divisional round.
6. The fucking Pats will win the AFC championship again. Brady will be good enough that Belichick can build a team around him. Edelman goes clean shaven. Their fans remain insufferable assholes.
7. Agreed, might even be a wildcard.
8. Nope. The Chiefs will not make the AFC Championship game. The Rams won't be in the NFC Championship game.
9. Cowboys fans expect nothing more than 8-8 with Jason Garrett as HC. Now if Sean Payton takes over in 2020, I might have some hope.
10. I'll take the under 50 TD next season for Mahomes.
11. 5 Teams will be looking for a new HC by the end of the season. And McCarthy still doesn't get a job.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
1. The Steelers will be a total shit show.

We can only hope this happens so they can fire Tomlin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. The Steelers were a circus THIS year. It will be calmer next year, but they will have a worse record.
2. Flores can do anything he wants, they don't have a QB. As a lifelong Raiders fan I have a lot of experience with that.

5. The Rams are almost sure to regress. Other teams have coaches too. They will adjust.
6. Gronk is done. Brady is definitely showing his age. Belichick is a complete asshole. If I had to lay money on one team to win the SB it would be the Patriots. Brady has learned, like Peyton learned, how to play QB without being able to throw the ball at all.
7. The Browns will have a just a good enough record to tease their fans and crush their dreams yet again.
8. Texans are ascending. They may crash your party.

10. Mahomes will regress. He'll still be very good. But won't catch that lightning in a bottle again next year.

11. Raiders will suck. Gruden will think he is the smartest coach ever and make even more nonsensical moves.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: The all too early what will happen in football next season thread [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You beat me to it.

The Raiders will draft players with their number 1 picks, then promptly trade those players for future 1st or 2d round picks, thereby ensuring that no first round players actually play for them on the field.

But think of the upside with all those picks!! We'll have the best chances of future success that will never materialize!
Quote Reply
Re: The all too early what will happen in football next season thread [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
#3 The worst records in the NFL will be.. Dolphins, Cards, Raiders, Bungles, and the Washington Franchise.

Hey! The Lions would like a word with you!

I don't know who the NFC N plays or the AFC N or E. Dolphins will win a couple, and one over NE. Cindy will beat the Steelers at least once (if they finish 0-14 vs everyone else, but 2-0 vs the Steelers it would be a perfect season). DC will beat the Giants at least once. Who do the Lions beat? GB? Probably...

My only prediction: Patricia lasts the whole season and makes everyone wish for Caldwell.

* Caldwell is the only Lions coach since 73 to coach at least a full season and leave with a winning record
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flacco to the Broncos... didn't see that one coming.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: The all too early what will happen in football next season thread [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Expected him to go to an AFC team. Just not the Broncos.
Quote Reply
Re: The all too early what will happen in football next season thread [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not quite the same bang as when the Broncos picked up Indy's castoff (Manning).

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bleh.

I don't really see him (Flacco) as a major upgrade to Keenum. I guess Elway figured the asking price for Foles would be too high. Also, maybe the Broncos are waiting for a better group of quarterbacks to come out of the draft than this year's crop. At #10, there may not be any good ones left by the time the Broncos pick, and trading up to get one of them--again, a price too high to pay?
Quote Reply
Re: The all too early what will happen in football next season thread [nosmo king] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nosmo king wrote:
Bleh.

I don't really see him (Flacco) as a major upgrade to Keenum. I guess Elway figured the asking price for Foles would be too high. Also, maybe the Broncos are waiting for a better group of quarterbacks to come out of the draft than this year's crop. At #10, there may not be any good ones left by the time the Broncos pick, and trading up to get one of them--again, a price too high to pay?

I am a little more optimistic about Flaco, but the Raven I was hoping for was Harrbaugh.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

I will ignore the fact you know little of the NFL and simply Bask in the glory that the Lions are not listed as one of your shittiest teams in the NFL...

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: The all too early what will happen in football next season thread [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:

AGAIN more glory, the Lions are not on this list.

So much happiness from one thread.. ahh the good life, and some think I have a sad life or am bitter person.

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: The all too early what will happen in football next season thread [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please forgive my omission. Actually it should go in there with the jags as two shitty teams that beat the Pats in the regular season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Please forgive my omission. Actually it should go in there with the jags as two shitty teams that beat the Pats in the regular season.

OH YEAH thanks for reminding me.. WE BEAT THE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS..

Just Triing
Quote Reply

Prev Next