Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 13 week Strength Training Program- Sign up! [trainerdave924] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couple comments from week 2 upper...

- Found it nearly impossible to match/increase my push up with a strict 3 sec down, 1 second up. Is this how it should be? I can knock out the 20% over, but not when trying to do 3 down/1 up...
- Also, how my gym is laid out the appropriate/following gym etiquette area for planking is no where near the area for lat pull downing. If it was possible to group weight/cable machine exercises together and the other stationary/body-weight together it would be easier to get it all done.

other than that so far so good
Quote Reply
Re: 13 week Strength Training Program- Sign up! [FbOmRxD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that feedback. For the push ups, the eccentrics plus an increase in volume might have been a bit ambitious. I am sure other people felt the same way so I made an edit

For you specific gym layout, you should take the planks and other ab movements and move them to their own set at the very end. I'd rather you get them done at the end of the workout if your gym doesn't allow for a smooth transition
Quote Reply
Re: 13 week Strength Training Program- Sign up! [trainerdave924] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Week 3 is posted. We are going to work on eccentrics this week. You will be sore from doing eccentrics. Focus on controlled movement and high quality reps. If you have any questions, please comment or email me!

Have fun!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This weeks Upper body...weighted bird dogs but for only one side? Typo?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Crew, sorry about the delay. Week 6 is now posted. We are going into Strength phase. Rep schemes will drop into 6-8 and rest/ recover after each set will increase. Take the extra rest and allow your muscles to recover and lift heavy.

Stay safe, practice good form, and always use a spotter!

As usual you can always email me with any questions

Best,
Trainer Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey ST,

All 13 weeks of the program are now posted. Once you complete all 13 weeks you can start all over again for a yearly strength program. Hope that you got some value out of it.

Please let me know if you have any questions

Best,
Trainer Dave
Quote Reply

Prev Next