Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Feb. 4 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 4 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
didn't make goals - just trying to get through a stressful time at work.

M: 4.3 mi run + 2175 yd swim
T: 8 mi run + 625 yd swim
W: 6 mi run + 675 yd swim
T: 7.5 mi run + 1325 yd swim
F: 8.5 mi run + 1000 yd swim
S: off
S: 9.4 mi run

totals 5750 yd swim + 43.8 mi run

goals this week: 1 long run, 1 speed workout, 2 outdoor runs

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dr TC, keep your chin up, you're nearly there!

My goals last week were: "4 x swim, 3 x bike, 4 x run, strength x 2. Have a rest day on Sunday. Get my next assignment started." I managed them all except getting the assignment started - I started the reading though! I also had my first drink(s) back after dry January and I felt so rotten that night that I am anticipating a mostly dry February.

This week's goals: 4 x swim, 3 x bike, 3 x run, strength x 2. It's meant to be freeeezing cold all week so no xc skiing planned. It's our SCBA air consumption testing at work this week so I'll be interested to see how that stacks up compared to last year - I *feel* like I'm in better shape.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You've got this Dr. TC! I hope the stress abates soon.

Last week's goals were to finish off my build block. Y'all, I crushed it. I really don't want to say too much out loud to jinx things, but holy snacks I am just giddy and drunk on endorphins. I have not been able to push my body like this in a LONG time. It feels great. I feel great. Things are great.

Friday I had a swim analysis done at a local endless pool type place with the tri team. The good news? Everything that's hitchy is stuff I already new, and there are no surprises. The bad news? That stuff exists. The better news? The swim coach thought I was doing a lot of stuff RIGHT. My coach saw a clip of the session and thought it was her for a second. Yes, my world champion coach. I am over the moon.

Like Sher, I also came back from D-Jan, and omg alcohol and I are not friends right now. We hosted our annual superbowl party last night and I started and then never finished like three beers. I feel like butt today (also didn't go to bed until after midnight after a LONG day of workouts and prep and hosting like FORTY people). Once build starts up again I'm going right back to dry docking it.

This week's goals: Recover and smile

M- Rest! (nailing it!)
Tu- 30min easy swim
W- Run test
Th- 30-60min easy swim (I think I'll do my favorite Filthy Fifties workout)
F- FTP test
Sa- 45 minute run
Su- something not tri-related! Yoga, hike, etc.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 4 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So much awesomeness in your post (except the feeling like butt aspect) - smile away!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey y'all!!!

Well, this is inspiring. You all sound badass, even when you don't make your goals and got work stuff. I'm slowly easing into a full-on tri training routine. Last week I swam about 10,000 yds. across three workouts. I went to a running coach and whilst I thought my form was awesome, apparently I heel strike and don't kick and basically suck and need to do a lot of drills. As for biking, I'm on a spin bike at the gym for the moment. I did two hour-long sessions, but my knee felt funny when I was supposed to do the third and I did it on the elliptical (but I told Garmin and tridot it was a spin bike... They believed me...).

This week, I'm doing some traveling so things might get tricky, but I have a plan at least, for the workouts and to get into a gym. I might even have a real bike:

Running drills ever day except my full rest day.

M: 1 hour swim (about 3200 yds)
Tu: Half hour of run/walking if my knee feels ok, and 1 hr. of long intervals on the bike
W: Half hour of weight training and 3000 yds. in the pool
Th: Half hour of run/walking if my knee feels ok
F: 1.5 hrs. on bike (Longer intervals than Tu), half hour of weight training
Sat: rest
Sun:Half hour of run/walking if my knee feels ok

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 4 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
glad stuff is so good for you! tell me more about filthy 50s!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you! I hate feeling like I'm due for things to be clicking, but I also have to realize I've been working hard and it's paying off. I hope you have a calmer week and can get some quality work in on the run and in the pool!

Filthy fifties is a no-thinking, clippy workout that consists of, you guessed it, nothing but 50s. You can do a warmup, cooldown, etc and do as many sets of these as you'd like depending on how much time you have, but everything is a 50.

10x50, leaving on the 0:50 as following:

4x50 with pull buoy and pads
3x50 with pull buoy only
2x50 swim
1x50 pads only

If you can't make leaving on a 50, the clock resets to leaving at the top because you're gassed. It's challenging but not punishing!

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's c-c-c-cold here. But slightly less cold today, so I'll spend 20 min getting the dog and I geared up for a 10 min walk. Ah well, she's getting desperate to "go". I'd take her to doggie daycare, but the roads are crappy and it will make my commute longer than I'm willing to deal with.

In exercise news - my glutes are killing me. I did a free Lululemon class with my friend on the weekend. Aside from the cult nature of anything Lululemon (and a little too much "feel the layer beneath your heart") it was a good workout. The warm up was 5 min of squats. HA! I definitely took breaks and didn't even feel bad about it. Plus I got a free yoga mat and yummy food afterwards.

I also got in two trainer rides (last night's ride kicked my already sore butt). So far I've done half as many active hours as I did for all of January...

This week goals - ride x4 and do some running, even if it's only 5 min on the treadmill. Putting it off longer isn't going to make it any easier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stay positive Dr. Tigerchik!

My goal was 4 swims, 5 bikes, and 4 runs and actually riding my triathlon bike. I did everything but the last piece so I'll make that a goal again this week.

I'm traveling this week and next week so my training will be lighter/lower: 4 swims, 3 bikes, and 4 runs and, yes, actually riding my triathlon bike but for real.

Happy training Womens, stay warm

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, now that I'm down to one arm, it sucks! I fell on the first run of my first day in Deer Valley and broke my collarbone. My right arm is functionally disabled and I await a call from the orthopedic surgeon to get it plated and faster to heal.

If I don't move, then I'm pain-free...for the next 8 weeks...kill.me.now.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 4 Edition [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm so sorry to hear that :-(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your condolences. My first triathlon-related indignity was this morning when I got up to go to an indoor spin class, only to find out I was unable to pull up my cycling shorts without dislocating my collar bone.

So, loose sweat pants and leisure time for the next few days; patience, patience :-(

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh that sucks! I hope the call from the ortho comes soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh no, I'm sorry to see this!

If you have any questions on surgery / recovery, let me know.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh no! Sorry to hear you are injured. Please take it easy so you can heal fast.

I had a good week last week: three trainer rides, three runs (including my first 10-miler in about a year and a half), two weights sessions, and some (not enough) PT. I had a polar vortex day off Wednesday and took advantage of the extra time for a longer workout and some baking. I did make it outside for my long run Sunday to enjoy temps in the high 40s F after -30 a few days before.

This week will be light as we are traveling tomorrow for my husband's best friend's wedding... in Iowa... in February. Don't get me wrong, Iowa is a very lovely state, but couldn't they have planned this for June? (haha) A high of 11F is forecast for Friday, but I am bringing my running clothes just in case. Even though it will be cold I am very much looking forward to the quick getaway and seeing all our friends. There is a 100% chance of shenanigans.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm so sorry Sally! Best wishes for the ortho.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ouch. Take it easy - hopefully you are on the mend soon.

@Midtownmiles - 100% chance of shenanigans sounds like 100% chance of fun!!
Quote Reply