Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Jan. 28 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 28 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr TC. Hope you got a chance to run outside; I did and it was fabulous!

Goals were something like
swim x 4 - Yes
bike x 3 - Yes
run x 3 - Yes
xc ski x 1 - nope
strength x 2 - nope, only did one really quick pre-treadmill session. I also got in my rest day but unintentionally on the wrong day after my "power nap" became rather more extended.

Goals this week: 4 x swim (1 done), 3 x bike (1 done), 4 x run, strength x 2. Have a rest day on Sunday. Get my next assignment started.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Monday Ladies! Hope everyone had a good week, and stayed warm through this brutal cold snap.

Last week's goal was to make it through the halfway point of my build block. I had an amazing week, almost breakthrough-worthy. I ran track with the team on Thursday (and got locked in a bathroom by accident, way to go me...), had a great long ride with some long Z3 intervals, ran outside in the bitter cold after swim on Friday, and upped the weight on my strength sessions. The longer mileage is flying by and I just feel stronger and lighter. Here's hope that feeling sticks around.

This week's goal- make it through the end of this block:

M- rest day (nailin' it!)
Tu- 2600yd swim, 7mi run, strength- this will be in FL, and I am so freaking stoked to run along the Gulf. We may get stuck here for another day due to the winter storm
W- 75min Zwift session
Th- track session, 50min Zwift and strength
F- 4mi run, Team Kickoff party with a SwimBox analysis. I'm TERRIFIED, lol.
Sa- 16mi run with the team
Su- 60mi ride, 45min recovery swim

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik!

Last week's goal was 4 swims, 4 bikes, and 4 runs and I did it. This week it's 4 swims, 5 bikes, and 4 runs and actually riding my triathlon bike.

Has anyone adjusted their cranks and would you be open to talking about it?

Happy training y'all!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 28 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Thanks for getting us started Dr TC. Hope you got a chance to run outside; I did and it was fabulous!
I ran outside Monday and Sunday.

M: 9.1 mi run
T: 6.5 mi run + 575 yd swim
W: 10 mi run + 625 yd swim
T: 3.5 mi run + 1275 yd swim
F: 7.2 mi run + 1825 yd swim
S: 3.5 mi run + 625 yd swim
S: 14 mi run

so no cycling, which is ok.

totals 4975 yd swim, 53.8 mi run

goals for this week: none... super stressed at work and just need to let myself do what I want to and feel up to doing. The stress will end the evening of Feb. 5.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Anna s: Jan 29, 19 3:39
Re: How was your week? Jan. 28 Edition [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
TC I'm curious. I remember reading that you're aiming for a spring marathon. Are you following a training plan? Your training and mileage looks similar to the early weeks of the Pfitzinger 70 miles per week plan. Anyway, just being nosey :-)

I'm adapting a plan from that book, yes. The 55 mpw plan has running on 4 days; I like to be able to run more days because it combats my anxiety - but 70 mpw is too much.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A good week last week – lots of variety and the highest volume in a while. Too many things going on to get to the pool but once (and closed the other day I could have made it). I'm really liking Pilates a lot. I am not liking riding the bike indoors.

Swim: 1,800 (53 min)
Bike: 7.0 mi (28:33) 14.8 mph avg. [Zwift]
Trainer: 25 min (non-Zwift)
Walk/jog: 2.6 mi (50:18)
Weights/Pilates/yoga: 6:17
Time: 8:53

This week I'm in San Francisco for work, so walking mostly, but at least outdoors!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is 2019 and Julie has some thoughts about Mary Poppins grooming children, an idea for a new small business, and an update on Merle Allin’s ongoing relationship with DryBar.
Oh yeah, and John Kasich attacked her through air travel arrangements and it was worse than Fyre Festival. Don’t worry, vaccines still work.
Quote Reply