Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ITU bans rainbow flags - grounds for DQ. [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yes you must be correct... left leaning gays decided their lives should be considered political. Just like being straight should be political. Politics is about policy and law. Being gay is what you are born and we are still human, not for you or religion to decide. Why do you care?
Quote Reply
Re: ITU bans rainbow flags - grounds for DQ. [hairypiernas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I clarified above, I’m referencing there are many offensive displays at races, it’s your choice to ignore or ignite. How is a rainbow flag offensive if it includes everyone?
Quote Reply
Re: ITU bans rainbow flags - grounds for DQ. [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you ED.... some people just like to suppress others for lack of something in their lives. What other humans have been made political pawns lately? And ask yourself why human rights need to be political... we are all equal
Quote Reply
Re: ITU bans rainbow flags - grounds for DQ. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread shows some people would rather defend oppression and discrimination than call it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
much ado about nothing.....words in, words out....and nothing is really changed. Real change is hard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
40+ years of racing and never seen a sex party at finish line or anywhere in my gay life. Now that’s getting me really excited to know there will be some this year apparently and I guess it will be straight boys participating with you. Haven’t met many gays in this sport traveling around world racing but glad to know there are more than just me out and there. Add me to mailing list though for sex parties cuz I gotta see it with my own eyes.... might be a great highlight to races if race directors added this to their events. I would even volunteer to DJ.
Bless your heart for thinking us gays have sex parties!
Last edited by: RUNNER86: Jan 22, 19 11:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scottxs wrote:
RUNNER86 wrote:
Being gay is not political.... heterosexuals with crazy religious views want it to be

Look at what you just posted. Could it be left leaning people have made it political? Or maybe atheist made it political based on your comment? Of course you could be one of those people who need a safe space because everything offends you especially anyone or any organization that disagree with you?

The point being...... If there wasn't any sense of politics with this issue this entire thread wouldn't exist in the fist place.

Why did Rosa Parks have to go and make riding the bus political?

Everyone note the goddamn sarcastic pink.

Also, it's interesting that the people offended by seeing a rainbow flag waving for a minute are the ones accusing others of needing a safe space.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU bans rainbow flags - grounds for DQ. [RUNNER86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn't the ban on propoganda, not rainbow flags? All propoganda should be kept out of sport.

"information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote a political cause or point of view"

Is that the point of the rainbow flag? If not, why did everyone get their speedos in a bunch over this?
Quote Reply
Re: ITU bans rainbow flags - grounds for DQ. [TIT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TIT wrote:
Wasn't the ban on propoganda, not rainbow flags? All propoganda should be kept out of sport.

"information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote a political cause or point of view"

Is that the point of the rainbow flag? If not, why did everyone get their speedos in a bunch over this?

You manage to go full circle in 4 sentences - well done!
Quote Reply
Re: ITU bans rainbow flags - grounds for DQ. [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe i misread the clause but didn't it state "flags and stripes"? I believe this would also ban country flags and stripes. Cycling has a similar rule that only allows champion stripes on a jersey.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU bans rainbow flags - grounds for DQ. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
TIT wrote:

You manage to go full circle in 4 sentences - well done!

I just don't understand the thread title and outrage. Was the rainbow flag specifically banned? Or is everyone just assuming the rainbow flag is propoganda?
Quote Reply
Re: ITU bans rainbow flags - grounds for DQ. [RUNNER86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RUNNER86 wrote:
Oh yes you must be correct... left leaning gays decided their lives should be considered political. Just like being straight should be political. Politics is about policy and law. Being gay is what you are born and we are still human, not for you or religion to decide. Why do you care?

I could care less who you sleep with....its none of my business. Yet, to blame one side as starting this political fight and make the other side righteous is just stupid. I'm simply saying you can't pick a side without anything being political in this day and age.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU bans rainbow flags - grounds for DQ. [chadm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chadm wrote:
Maybe i misread the clause but didn't it state "flags and stripes"? I believe this would also ban country flags and stripes. Cycling has a similar rule that only allows champion stripes on a jersey.

Not sure where you read this, it was not specified in the ITU Rule... The rule only states "Avoid displaying any kind of demonstration of political, religious or racial propaganda", and the only change was to add, and then un-add sexual orientation... IT's hard to think of many WTS/World championship.Olympic finishes (excluding where there was a tight sprint) where one or more athletes did not grab their country's flag running down the finishing chute... In fact, when you look at the ITU approved uniform catalogue, many of the approved national team kits contain stripes or flags...
Quote Reply
Re: ITU bans rainbow flags - grounds for DQ. [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trauma wrote:
chadm wrote:

Not sure where you read this, it was not specified in the ITU Rule... The rule only states "Avoid displaying any kind of demonstration of political, religious or racial propaganda", and the only change was to add, and then un-add sexual orientation... IT's hard to think of many WTS/World championship.Olympic finishes (excluding where there was a tight sprint) where one or more athletes did not grab their country's flag running down the finishing chute... In fact, when you look at the ITU approved uniform catalogue, many of the approved national team kits contain stripes or flags...

So where did the rainbow flag come in to the discussion?
Quote Reply
Re: ITU bans rainbow flags - grounds for DQ. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So now that it's been removed can we remove the political and religious one too?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU bans rainbow flags - grounds for DQ. [TIT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TIT wrote:

It didn't. But that was no reason not to have a good display of outrage.

Positive was that 99% of people expressed strong opposition to something that wasn't proposed, and the ITU quickly confirmed they didn't intend something to happen that no-one wanted or intended. Did however distract everyone from Technical Rule 11.5.3(ii) banning tubular tires/tyres from 2020 season.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU bans rainbow flags - grounds for DQ. [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duncan74 wrote:
TIT wrote:

It didn't. But that was no reason not to have a good display of outrage.

Positive was that 99% of people expressed strong opposition to something that wasn't proposed, and the ITU quickly confirmed they didn't intend something to happen that no-one wanted or intended. Did however distract everyone from Technical Rule 11.5.3(ii) banning tubular tires/tyres from 2020 season.

What? There is no rule 11.5.3 in the ITU rules, 11.5 refers to "Technical Officials may use any kind of electric, electronic, magnetic, or other technological support to acquire data or evidence on rule infractions as supporting evidence" (the entire section 11 of the rules pertains to technical officials, and their associated processes). 5.2 e) states that tubular tires must be well-glued, the levers of the quick releases must be closed tightly onto the hubs and wheels must be properly fixed onto the frames". Or are you referring to something in the UCI rules?
Quote Reply

Prev Next