Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Serious question about MAGA [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do you think the concept of MAGA is about a specific time. Maybe it is about taking the best of various times which may not be the same times for all people. Some people may have been better off in the 80, or 90's or 50's and 60's. Some things like family time might have been better in the 80's than today other things like medicine are probably better now. What's wrong with wanting to get to the best for all aspects of life for all people.
Quote Reply
Re: Serious question about MAGA [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
Why do you think the concept of MAGA is about a specific time. Maybe it is about taking the best of various times which may not be the same times for all people. Some people may have been better off in the 80, or 90's or 50's and 60's. Some things like family time might have been better in the 80's than today other things like medicine are probably better now. What's wrong with wanting to get to the best for all aspects of life for all people.

My problem with it, is the implication we are currently not Great. I would rather a POTUS has a vision for the future not just trying to get us back to the past.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Serious question about MAGA [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:

that’s the genius of the slogan. Each person can assign there own version of its meaning.

It’s the same with “hope and change”.

In both cases people were tired of the status quo (in many cases it’s THE SAME PEOPLE) and wanted something to Hope for, things to Change and to make America Great Again like it was when each individual person imagines it.

It’s not like “a chicken in every pot”. If you promise that and I don’t get my chicken I will never trust you again (this is why the wall is “important”, it was a specific promise).

But we can provide “hope” and we can provide “change” and we can make things “great again” without really doing anything other than make people feel like that is what’s happening.

Same coin, two sides.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The post WWII era was great if you were a straight white male. It took a while for everyone else to join the party and there is still some progress to be made. We still could probably use more women and minority representation in government and upper management.
Quote Reply
Re: Serious question about MAGA [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
We still could probably use more women and minority representation in government and upper management.

Or we can judge people by their actions and character and let the chips fall where they may.

I black woman can represent me just as well as a white man.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Serious question about MAGA [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going with when people could talk with each other, not at each other.
When people weren't offended by every little thing.
When pointing out a persons fault was honesty, and didn't make you the bad person.

And one more as a resident of Colorado: Anytime before pot was legalized.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
We still could probably use more women and minority representation in government and upper management.

Or we can judge people by their actions and character and let the chips fall where they may.

In an ideal world yes. We still have some work ahead to reach that world.

Sadly we still live in a world where certain men think it's ok to grab em by the p*ssy.
Last edited by: FishyJoe: Jan 20, 19 16:01
Quote Reply
Re: Serious question about MAGA [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

Sadly we still live in a world where certain men think it's ok to grab em by the p*ssy.

If they want you to grab the pussy it is ok.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Serious question about MAGA [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:

And one more as a resident of Colorado: Anytime before pot was legalized.

Just wondering why? Do you live in a big city, or suburb or in the sticks?

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in a Denver Suburb. I hate the smell. And every where we go you smell it. Pretty sure the is a grow house in the neighborhood. Smells when ridding down the S Platte bike trail. Smelled it coming from a car leaving a restaurant yesterday. Smell it at the mall. People all over are smoking and they reak of pot. Like people used to from smoking. It's disgusting.

I was for legalization. And I think if people followed the law it might be OK. But they don't believe the law applies to them.
Quote Reply
Re: Serious question about MAGA [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
I live in a Denver Suburb. I hate the smell. And every where we go you smell it. Pretty sure the is a grow house in the neighborhood. Smells when ridding down the S Platte bike trail. Smelled it coming from a car leaving a restaurant yesterday. Smell it at the mall. People all over are smoking and they reak of pot. Like people used to from smoking. It's disgusting.

I was for legalization. And I think if people followed the law it might be OK. But they don't believe the law applies to them.

What’s interesting is that one of the claims (and I fully believed it myself) was that legalization wouldn’t increase use. At least anecdotally it certainly has. There are pot shortages (was NEVER a problem scoring an 1/8 when it was illegal) and it seems people are smoking weed everywhere.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

If they want you to grab the pussy it is ok.

I'm guessing there aren't many women who would want an old fat asshole with small hands touch them under any circumstances. They might allow it because of money or intimidation, but that doesn't mean they think it's ok.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
velocomp wrote:

What’s interesting is that one of the claims (and I fully believed it myself) was that legalization wouldn’t increase use. At least anecdotally it certainly has. There are pot shortages (was NEVER a problem scoring an 1/8 when it was illegal) and it seems people are smoking weed everywhere.

I think it has empowered people. Removed the "shame". People used to do it in private. Now they feel that since it is legal, they can do it anywhere. Funny thing is in Colorado, it is illegal to smoke in public. But if you go downtown, you will see people openly smoking on the 16th street mall.
Quote Reply

Prev Next