Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Regular Advil Use Can Damage Your Uh...Giblets?
Quote | Reply
Just kidding. They're not giblets. But it still looks like consistent use of Advil or other ibuprofen products can damage the testicles (that means "balls," for you unsophisticated types), turning them into the wrinkled-up, saggy and ineffective huevos of a 90-year-old man.

“The researchers went so far as to say that the striking dual effect of ibuprofen on Leydig and Sertoli cells suggests that ibuprofen, of all the chemical classes considered, has ‘the broadest endocrine-disturbing properties identified so far in men.'”

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Regular Advil Use Can Damage Your Uh...Giblets? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have to read this. I don't take drugs often but Ibuprofen is my pain reliever of choice. And I have an endocrinological issue.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Regular Advil Use Can Damage Your Uh...Giblets? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Have to read this. I don't take drugs often but Ibuprofen is my pain reliever of choice. And I have an endocrinological issue.

It got my attention, because we used to take that stuff like it was going out of style back in some of the military units I was in and training schools I was at just to deal with the daily pounding our bodies took. It would get passed out like it was candy, and it came in huge plastic bottles which we'd subdivide into more manageable lots. We corpsmen always added it to our unit one medical bags and dispensed it as needed, especially during patrols and such. Who knew back then? I sure didn't.

Quote Reply
Re: Regular Advil Use Can Damage Your Uh...Giblets? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 800mg monster tablets! Doc was always good for some vitamin I.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've always used Naproxen sodium (aleve). sparingly though. For all I know that's worse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CBD works for me
Quote Reply
Re: Regular Advil Use Can Damage Your Uh...Giblets? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:

Do you have plans to impregnate women?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Regular Advil Use Can Damage Your Uh...Giblets? [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
I've always used Naproxen sodium (aleve). sparingly though. For all I know that's worse.

I never could take that stuff. It always tore my stomach up no matter how small the dose and even if I took it with food or milk, or both. So it was always good old "Vitamin I," as our Devil Dog on the thread called it. I can't believe I don't have any long-term stomach issues from it, given the dump truck-sized amounts I gobbled down over the years. SMH.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm more concerned with the link to heart attacks that might exist.
Quote Reply
Re: Regular Advil Use Can Damage Your Uh...Giblets? [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does your CBD have any THC?

I just tried CBD oil this morning (no THC) and hasn't helped my arthritis at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
Quote Reply
Re: Regular Advil Use Can Damage Your Uh...Giblets? [mop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mop wrote:
Does your CBD have any THC?

I just tried CBD oil this morning (no THC) and hasn't helped my arthritis at all.

Pretty sure the health benefits of CBD are associated with chronic use, i.e. it takes a few weeks for it to work if it's going to work, assuming you're taking enough.
Quote Reply
Re: Regular Advil Use Can Damage Your Uh...Giblets? [mop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No THC, there is other stuff ;-)
My wife uses it for her wrist and a few fingers on a regular basis,helps.
I used it on my elbow once a day for a week and it took care of my" tennis elbow"
Quote Reply