Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tri bike suggestions with $4-5K budget [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocket_racing wrote:
2019 Felt ia16 is on my shortlist. You get a very versatile frame...

what is versatile about the Felt IA 16? It's a narrow-tall bike with a high stack proprietary stem and a high stack proprietary aerobar system. It's the definition of not versatile.

Canyon is versatile. You can fit most people's fit coordinates on two or even three different sizes of SLX. Felt definitely not.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Tri bike suggestions with $4-5K budget [70Trigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're looking at an as-configured-from-the-factory standpoint, and you can hit your fit coordinates, it's hard to beat a Trek Speed Concept for performance value. You aren't getting Di2 for $5k (although you might get close, if you stick with the standard color scheme), but you are getting "super-bike" frame/cockpit aerodynamics. The stock wheels aren't flashy, high end hoops, but they're decent enough. Put some fast tires on it, and an aerojacket on the rear wheel, and you have a bike can still hold it's own with any of the latest $12k+ super-duper bikes.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Tri bike suggestions with $4-5K budget [70Trigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
70Trigirl wrote:
We are in Vermont and have a good bike fitter up here. And I'll be visiting him again. People from MA come up to get fit by him (so the rumor goes). And they are dealers in Cervelo, Parlee and Felt.

I already have race wheels

Like I said, just looking for other suggestions on bike brands/models that have brought other Ironman athletes success and comfort.

Yes my bike might be a tiny bit too small for me.

If you are talking about Fitwerx in Waitsfield you really cannot go wrong there at all. Ian is probably one of the top 10 fitters in the US. Its not like you are at any risk of bad advice. Cervelo P2 and P3s are popular because it is a well tested, well documented leading bikes at the entry level. They are not only popular because of herd mentality, there is a lot to back it up....
Quote Reply
Re: Tri bike suggestions with $4-5K budget [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

what is versatile about the Felt IA 16? It's a narrow-tall bike with a high stack proprietary stem and a high stack proprietary aerobar system.

I had a quick look, and the pad stack adjustments are roughly 60mm for the felt, vs 90 in the canyon. reach for the pads was similar, but i am aware the stock extensions are a bit short for larger frame sizes. I was planning on a tri rig alpha one front end.

I know the iax are lower than the ia. I could not find standover numbers for the speedmax, but it looks lower. However, the speedmax bento box seems to add a lot of height to the speedmax.
Last edited by: Rocket_racing: Jan 20, 19 17:54
Quote Reply

Prev Next