Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST Rise&Grind [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tough one this morning with the long hill!! Who's Masa Sai on here?? I avg 300w (4.1w/kg) up the climb and he crested 4 min ahead of me!!! Damn!!
Quote Reply
Re: ST Rise&Grind [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very good ride for the B-group today. We hit Leith hill hard, but stuck together. Usually groups break up on climbs like that, but we crested it pretty much together, no re-group really necessary. Plus I took over a minute off my PR on the climb, so there's that...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice! Yeah we were all broken up. I let the group go from the beginning and settled into my pace. Rode with a couple guys for awhile before they popped. Ended up passing everyone except top 2 or 3 I think by the end. That was a longer climb than I was expecting!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol, so you solo up the hill at 300w, while I also go up at 300w but have a group to draft. And you still beat me by over a minute. Man, I need to lose some weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's really crazy is that I feel like I'm pretty darn skinny, but there's a lot of guys on there that weigh 20kg less than me! Damn!

Edit: also finally figured out how to get registered at zwiftpower, that's a pretty cool site!
Last edited by: Sean H: Jan 10, 19 13:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks to MRid and AFuller for leading B group rides in prior weeks; unfortunately there seemed not to be a B leader this AM? I was slow off the line so I may have missed something. I ended up in a small pack, but without a leader to regroup around after hills etc, riders slowly fell off the back and the pack size dwindled 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 (at which point I missed a surge up a hill and fell off the back myself...). Is there any way to know if there is going to be a leader ahead of time? For this ride I prefer the more constant effort rides when a leader is present to those requiring frequent surges to rejoin the pack. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: ST Rise&Grind [dstew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Fuller was traveling this week and I had another event scheduled. I'll definitely be back next week, and I think Fuller will be as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really like this ride. I rode C group the first time a month ago and decided to ride B this morning. I was slow at the start and couldn’t figure out why I never saw B group come together. I ended up riding at front of C group and that was a strong group of riders. It appeared that we picked up some B riders later in the work out. Great ride, I got all I could handle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Blog: https://swimbikerunrinserepeat.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kudos to mrid and afuller for working hard to keep the B group together this morning; made for a much more cohesive ride this morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, we had a good group this morning!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode B group sweep this morning -- there were a couple of Bs mixed in with the very lead Cs so we hung out together.

Averaging 250w for 55 minutes without that much coffee was not how I was anticipating the start of my day. I need to drop some kilos, stat. Oof.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: ST Rise&Grind [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm getting over a cold, or I would have been there this morning. I assume Alex was able to lead?

And sweeping for this ride, the B-cat anyway, can be a bit challenging :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep.

I hung out around 3.5w/KG till a few dropped back (at which point I thanked the stars because I was blowing snot) and then got to have a more manageable break.

I also couldn't get the Companion App to work. Alas! Next time, do my troubleshooting with less than 3 minutes to spare...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Managed to line up my training to be able to do this ride again today. Man what a fun way to get a hard workout in!

Anybody that hasn’t tried it yet is missing out. Definitely worth the rushed morning to get on the bike before 4:30.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a great ride. Alas, I had to drop out last minute -- still recovering from last week's battle with norovirus (I came down with it about five hours after last week's ride, so I blame the ride) and sinus silliness. I may find myself on the Hilly Vanilli this evening instead.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ugh, that doesn't sound fun!

I need to try the hilly vanilli sometime, but I generally don't do any training in the evenings
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
It's a great ride. Alas, I had to drop out last minute -- still recovering from last week's battle with norovirus (I came down with it about five hours after last week's ride, so I blame the ride) and sinus silliness. I may find myself on the Hilly Vanilli this evening instead.

Exact same thing here and I'm finally on the rebound and done with meds. Is Hilly Vanilli the easy ride? I might do that. Going to be a solid week of SLOW work as I get back in the swing of things.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Rise&Grind [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, it's just as hot and spicy as the Rise & Grind, but at night.

I think a boatload of caffeine and a dip in the pool should make things better.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I might still give it a go. I'm ready to start going again, but I think I'll give the outdoors a break and ride indoor only until I'm 100%. I did have a cruisey trainer ride last night for 2 hours and didn't lose any chunks of my lungs so that was great.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Rise&Grind [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate the B group working through some of our technical difficulties today. That really could have scattered the group, but I thought we held it together quite nicely.

Sean's right, this really is a good ride, especially for triathletes as it ends up being a pretty steady ride, as opposed to racing which has spikes and recoveries. There are 4 cats to choose from depending on your fitness level and how hard you want to go. I will say that A is pretty lightly attended, but that's mostly because most people can't hold the advertised wattage (4.0+ w/kg) for an hour, and those that can generally just do it in a race, but the B group gets a pretty good turnout, and C and D get a much larger turnout. I do the B every week and depending on your weight, it generally averages in the 3.2-3.6 w/kg range, so that could be a good 1 hour at Oly pace for some (like me) or even 1 hour at HIM pace for some of you stronger riders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I’m a borderline A for the group rides and today there were only 2 A at the front for the most part. So I tried to keep the pace up as I could as opposed to trying to hold onto the guys that are actually doing over 4 w/kg like I had done on prior rides; and ended up avg my highest w/kg for this ride yet at 3.9.

Good point about doing the B group at HIM watts. I think I will do that in the future then just keep riding at pace for 30-60 min to get race sims in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I rode with the B group today hoping to hold steady tempo watts then continue afterwards for 90 minutes total. But man that course today was so hard to keep steady power!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, New York is such a punchy course, there really is no flat section. On the flatter courses for that ride, I'll almost always have a VI of 1.02-1.03, but that just doesn't doesn't happen on any of the New York courses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's no joke, I kept getting gapped off the front group and having to surge to catch back up. Then during the solo portion afterwards, I ended up just disconnecting the smart trainer from zwift so I could just hold steady watts as all the surging killed my legs (zwift was reading my quarq for power).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome ride today - we had a leader for B, C, and D group! It's been a long time since we've had other leaders. Maybe Sean will come lead A and we'll be fully staffed :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next