Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Now, for the anti-boycott thread... [cujo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Local:
Bicycles Plus (Coppell, TX - http://www.bicyclesplustx.com/)
Chiropractor (Dr. Ron)/PT - http://www.recoverwithpurpose.com

Other:
Trek bikes
Fusion apparel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  • TrainerRoad because of their excellent customer service, overall company ethos, company mission and solid innovative and innovating product
  • Vasa: great company ethos, solid product
  • Bonzai Sports: which just transfered ownership but they were the best in the DMV. Now that I am a Canuck I support Trek Kingston not because I like Trek but because they are the most supportive and least snooty LBS between Toronto and Ottawa
  • Multisport Canada because they have a great race series for all levels of racers
  • Stryd for their company support (they have kinks to work out but they are working on them and I give them credit for that)
  • Everyman Jack because of their support of their team and the sport (I am not a member but still love the company)
  • STAC because it’s a solid product and they do a great job supporting local athletes and races
  • TriRig. They go above and beyond in their products

I would say all of the above go above and beyond in one way or the other be it in support (of me and/or the sport), ethos, design, innovation, or just being nice (kind of like Google’s don’t be evil but none of them have )
Last edited by: karmatraining: Jan 16, 19 16:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amen to your anti-boycott thread!

PremierBike is a wonderful company led by a genuinely honest and thoughtful person (Dan Kennison). Dan's customer service is unparalleled for it's attentiveness and fairness and he backs his excellent product(s) 100%.

Imagine if every company we transferred our hard-earned $ to in exchange for their products could be described as above...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek (Australia)

For how they managed an issue with my P1 Madone and standing by their customer and product. Outstanding
Last edited by: Bianchi928: Jan 16, 19 17:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really love Garmin. Yes, I've had issues with their products but their customer support is top notch, and they've always helped me resolve my issues. I go out of my way to recommend it to friends and family. Over the holidays we bought a Fenix 5X and a Garmin dash camera from bestbuy, where I usually get the extended warranty offered by them, but not for my Garmin stuff, I know I'll have a better experience dealing with Garmin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love Haribo. Nothing to do with the company, I could just eat bags of them daily.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Precision Hydration

Thanks to these guys, I discovered that my usual nutrition products were largely under supplying me with electrolytes, leading to serious decrease of perf after few hours. I'm a salty sweater, and in the heat use happily their 1500 product.
Few bottles of PH1500 plus some gels and thats good for me for hours.

OK, they are english and I'm french, nobody is perfect

Also, pastas and pizzas and beers ...
Thanks to the Flying Spaghetti Monster
http://www.pastafarian.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Now, for the anti-boycott thread... [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Second Dan at Premier! De Soto as well...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DeSoto - Products are great, customer service is even better.
Wahoo - Quickly replaced a Tickr that I was having issues with, no questions asked.
Aftershokz - Sent me a new set of headphones when mine stopped charging, again no questions asked.
Garmin - Replaced a 735xt after two years when it started having issues. Love how their stuff just works well for me.

Fortunately, I've had a lot of good experiences with companies in this industry and very few bad ones :-)

Blog | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Now, for the anti-boycott thread... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MikesBikes is my LBS
Enve Wheels
Parlee Cycleworks
BMC bikes
Walmart bum wipes
Rapha Clothing
Garmin electronics
Shimano groupsets
Berk saddles
Specialized helmets
Giro Shoes
Viva Paper towels
Last edited by: spntrxi: Jan 17, 19 7:19
Quote Reply
Re: Now, for the anti-boycott thread... [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another ditto for Premier Bike. They came around after I bought my bike, but I bought other stuff from them. Killer quality and service. They will be on my short list for whenever I make my next bike purchase.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vuori workout clothes - they replaced two pair of my workout pants after my duffel bag got mangled at BNA by the bag handlers.

Southwest Airlines - they've gone beyond when I've had travel issues

Gravel City Adventure & Supply Co. - THE Dirty Kanza bike shop in Emporia, KS. Bought my bike from them when I was home visiting my dad and they've taken good care of me long distance and when I've been back to Kansas. If only I could find the same here in Nashville.

Nashville Predators Hockey Club - they bend over backwards on customer service, both for my season tickets, but also getting tickets for away games and dealing with merch and other shows at Bridgestone. The president himself took care of getting us a kids club package sent to a little girl we know in Texas who has cancer and is a big Preds fan.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
also,

fellow forumite @mybikeshop. excellent customer service and great communication

and for LBS, Spokes Etc. in Northern VA. knowledgeable, caring staff. also really takes care of repeat customers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

AMICA insurance. No kidding, they're absolutely the best.
HOKA. Awesome product, awesome service. Won't run in anything else, ever.
Youtube TV. Goodbye, Comcast. Everything you want, 1/3 the price.
Harry's. That's how a business should treat customers. Simple, easy, quality.
Amazon & Prime. They do simply amazing things, realtime.

------------------

- I do all my own stunts
Quote Reply
Re: Now, for the anti-boycott thread... [Alabama Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alabama Viking wrote:
jaretj wrote:
echappist wrote:
competitive cyclist/ backcountry

I like them too

I three. They even had an account rep call me (I'm just a regular customer) asking if I was happy with the purchasing experience and he gave his name and direct line in case anything was ever wrong.
Really turns into a great experience that's not an lbs that I don't visit anymore, or an Amazon that I really don't want to support.

Ps I boycott the boycott thread

Agreed to this!

I'm curious if any LBS (what's the plural of LBS?) call and check in with people after purchases. That could make sense after a bike or other large purchase. The boycott thread is ridiculous too. Pretty thinly veiled bigotry throughout.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cujo wrote:
In light of this thread where every vaguely states which is encouraging us to post which companies we hate, how about we get a list going of companies we actually go out of our way to support.

I'm not talking about the "oh, I bought this pair of shorts, and they fit me super good so I think you should buy them too" type of thing. I mean the "this company did this pretty great thing so I'm going to support them if I can".

For example, there's a local bike shop round these parts that really earned my trust after finding a pretty fatal flaw in a wheel when I had just taken the bike in for a minor adjustment to an unrelated part.

https://www.philbricks.com

I also happily endorse a company that makes a special brace for a leg/foot problem that I have. They've hooked me up with a rush replacement when it broke and I wasn't able to get around well.

https://turbomedorthotics.com

Let's hear which companies have done you right, and let's hear why!

These aren't triathlon companies, but they've provided me with ridiculously positive customer service experiences: Marmot, Big Agnes, Canon Camera, Glock and Chewy.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Now, for the anti-boycott thread... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blue Ridge Cyclery (the LBS I use)
Bontrager
Roka
Saris
Stages
Giro helmets
Garmin watches/headunits
Trek
First Endurance
Subaru
Shimano DI2 road/TT groups
SRAM mtn groups (well, Shimano brakes)
Kinetic Multisports events
Charlottesville Multisports events
Last edited by: elf6c: Jan 17, 19 18:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flo - besides the price point, they were willing to take an order and delay shipment for me so that I would be home for the delivery and also guarantee I could be in on that specific stock rollout. Small thing, but in dealing with pretty much any other major brand I haven't seen much flexibility

If you're in the Bay Area, specifically Oakland, King Kog bike shop is awesome - I went in to upgrade a gruppo and a couple other things, and they swapped out the stock bar on my bike for a nicer bar with a bit more modern drop design (this is a Cannondale CAAD9, so it's not like they took a nice stock bar off on me without permission. They were being genuinely good spirited). After patronizing the store a couple more times, I came in needing a spare bike shipping box to move, and they gave me one and didn't give me a hard time about not buying anything that trip in.

And if you're in Amsterdam, Maats Cycling Culture is a good alternative to Rapha. Lot of similarities, but I appreciate the locally run nature of the shop, and I'm now friends with the owners and they're always fair to me and give honest appraisals of gear knowing how I buy.

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sigma sports in london

They manage a combination of:

Staff who care about what they do
Staff who know a lot about what they do
Value for money

They also seem to act as a bit of a hub for local cyclists at weekends. I bought a load of stuff from them recently after being let down by another shop and they bent over backwards to help, offering a lot of advice and expertise. I wouldn't really shop any wherever else for my bike stuff now unless I was going second hand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Non-tri
White Plains Chrysler - A car dealer with an exceptional service department
Leary's Liquor - Incredible liquor store in town. Great service, product and can get about anything you want.

Tri Stores
Bethel Cycle Works - very knowledgeable and friendly staff.
Kiwami - Great customer service with a great product

Races
Toughman - Many years ago the RD stopped by the hospital after a race where I had an issue to make sure I was ok.
Toughkids - The 1'st race that my older son ever did. 12 years later he's still racing (but now in adult races)
Westchester Triathlon - NFP race that has been around for a long time and give a lot of money to Charity.
Rev3 - High quality races in cool locations focused on shorter course racing.
Quote Reply
Re: Now, for the anti-boycott thread... [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
competitive cyclist/ backcountry

+1

Bought a new stages left sided PM from CC in 2017. Used it for about 100 miles and HATED it. It was awful. Tons of dropout, erroneous readings, wouldn’t calibrate, etc. Emailed them about options. They called me within the hour and asked what I’d like to replace it. They gave me a return shipping label for the Stages that was now used and I had a new Pioneer left sided PM on my doorstep 2 days later. Have since purchased a bunch more stuff from them.
Quote Reply
Re: Now, for the anti-boycott thread... [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scottxs wrote:
Kroger: because they sell me food that keeps me alive. That is a good thing

In that vein, I'l go with Wawa: Can always stop in for drinks, snacks, coffee, and such while on a ride and their gas is a couple cents cheaper than others in the neighborhood

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Now, for the anti-boycott thread... [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Scottxs wrote:
Kroger: because they sell me food that keeps me alive. That is a good thing

In that vein, I'l go with Wawa: Can always stop in for drinks, snacks, coffee, and such while on a ride and their gas is a couple cents cheaper than others in the neighborhood

Going for both.

Wawa is great on price and FREE air for your car tires. Their machine let's you preset the pressure you want so it's fool proof.

Kroger is always open, even on holidays, for people who forget or if there is an emergency.

And I'm going to miss Performance Bike giving away the store.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Now, for the anti-boycott thread... [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
Wawa is great on price and FREE air for your car tires. Their machine let's you preset the pressure you want so it's fool proof.

I haven't yet taken the leap of faith to use an adapter and try it on my bike tires

I'll be sure to get a pic, when I do

I'm gonna have to scope this out, and see how many Wawas are still "viable"

https://www.mapmyride.com/...-wawas-route-1263046

I may have to create a whole new one - I'm thinking a southern Camden County/Gloucester County edition

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next