Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Now, for the anti-boycott thread...
Quote | Reply
In light of this thread where every vaguely states which is encouraging us to post which companies we hate, how about we get a list going of companies we actually go out of our way to support.

I'm not talking about the "oh, I bought this pair of shorts, and they fit me super good so I think you should buy them too" type of thing. I mean the "this company did this pretty great thing so I'm going to support them if I can".

For example, there's a local bike shop round these parts that really earned my trust after finding a pretty fatal flaw in a wheel when I had just taken the bike in for a minor adjustment to an unrelated part.

https://www.philbricks.com

I also happily endorse a company that makes a special brace for a leg/foot problem that I have. They've hooked me up with a rush replacement when it broke and I wasn't able to get around well.

https://turbomedorthotics.com

Let's hear which companies have done you right, and let's hear why!
Quote Reply
Re: Now, for the anti-boycott thread... [cujo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  • LBS: Bicycle Doctor, Podium Multisport, & All3sports
  • De Soto
  • Tririg
  • Garmin
  • FLO
  • HED
  • Silca

Quote Reply
Re: Now, for the anti-boycott thread... [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ditto on Flo and Hed. I love them both, its just the dollars that separate them. I would also like to talk about Kermesse Sport. their events are super fun, staggeringly reasonable, and always seem above and beyond.
Quote Reply
Re: Now, for the anti-boycott thread... [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
ditto on Flo and Hed. I love them both...
Haha, yeah. Some folks might see both on a list and wonder how someone could support directly competing products. They are both that good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
competitive cyclist/ backcountry
Quote Reply
Re: Now, for the anti-boycott thread... [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Without reasons it's just like reading a pro's singlet.... Except not of a pro

Adventure cycles in Auckland new Zealand.... Not only do they have the biggest stock of retro parts to fix anything on the spot, and he used to be a gentle hearted lawyer that retired to start a bike shop and help special needs people.... Great bike rentals for easy prices..... awesome maintenence know how.... One time my mountainbike suspension broke off the day before before a race, and I thought the frame and race was total loss.... he welded the frame and machined a custom pulley guide which worked perfrctly then told me with a huge grin,that it was on the house because it was a fun bike to work on... Talk about a place with heart! Also cool t-shirts
Quote Reply
Re: Now, for the anti-boycott thread... [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

I like them too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
De Soto I felt this way long before I became an ambassador.

Powertap- For IM Maryland 2014 I rented a 808 with powertap when I put it on the bike my LYC would not pickup the G3 hub. I called around locally seeing if anyone had a Joule no luck. I called Powertap explained the situation and the Tech sent on free of charge to my hotel.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
check out the links in my signature and mentions on my Instagram posts

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HED
Stages (power meters) - best customer service I've ever received.
Yakima
REI
Rapha
Ridge Supply
Stance
Jim at ERO Sports - http://www.ero-sports.com/2018/index.php
Last edited by: abISU: Jan 16, 19 11:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reasons! List your reasons!

No one cares if you just lost off a bunch of companies. Tell us why!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LBS: The Bike Store in Warner Robins, Georgia.

When I first started riding I had no idea what I was doing. Took my bike in with a flat. The guys fixed the flat and did some basic wrenching all free of charge.

I try to support them as best I can though I live farther away now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems kind of silly to list all the companies that I support because they do good things. I buy their stuff so I like them and continue to vote with my dollar instead of the bad ones which are easier to list but I will play along...……

Kroger: because they sell me food that keeps me alive. That is a good thing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FLO – Quality wheels for the price, great customer service

XLab – Lots of innovative accessories that solve problems, great customer service

Infinit – Excellent customizable nutrition that works for me, great customer service

Tri-Shop (Plano, TX) – A tri-focused LBS that does it right in my opinion, from bike fits (via Trent Nix and team), events that bring together the local tri community, useful videos, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Now, for the anti-boycott thread... [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems I wasn't clear enough in my original post.

No one cares if you patronize a place because you like their stuff. Let's stick to places you patronize because they went above and beyond, exceeded expectations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kiwami - ordered kits for my collegiate team through them. Not only are they amazing to work with, delivering design updates within the hour of you making a request, but when mine arrived with a hole in it less than a week out from nationals they overnighted me a new one so i was set for the race
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cujo wrote:
It seems I wasn't clear enough in my original post.

No one cares if you patronize a place because you like their stuff. Let's stick to places you patronize because they went above and beyond, exceeded expectations.

HED. Gave me a new tubular rim when i had doubts about a front wheel i purchased used

Backcountry/CC. Numerous deals over the years. They supported collegiate cycling, and i was a beneficiary
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Giro - Twice I have broken my Aerohead visors and called them to buy replacements. Both times they sent them to me for free, no questions asked. I felt like this was above and beyond my expectation.
Quote Reply
Re: Now, for the anti-boycott thread... [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
echappist wrote:

I like them too

I three. They even had an account rep call me (I'm just a regular customer) asking if I was happy with the purchasing experience and he gave his name and direct line in case anything was ever wrong.
Really turns into a great experience that's not an lbs that I don't visit anymore, or an Amazon that I really don't want to support.

Ps I boycott the boycott thread

NO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DeSoto
HED
Starbucks
Patagonia
Dicks sporting goods
Slowtwitch.....

Not currently boycotting anyone, all of the places or products I would boycott, I just dont use anyway, so not really a boycott..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mile 26 - local run shop
Hypercat Racing - LBS
DeSoto
HED

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ero-sports
Cycleops/Saris/powertap
Power2Max
First Endurance
Canyon
BBInfinite
Voler
Shimano
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope Technology.
Why... British made (really, not just designed here then made in China). And they understand filthy crappy British riding conditions, and design for it.
Plus all their products are fully servicable with parts available for many many many years after- I dont like the disposable approach to life, and this allows repair when (eventully, after many years without amy maintenance) is needed.
PLUS they turn up and do tech support at many mtb races - eg they changed out the bearings on a 5 year old rear hub for me, 10 mins before a 24 hr mtb race. (Failed as the sttooopid owner (me) had ridden through 2ft deep water
A week before... and found that was just too much for the hub when heading to the start line ! Saved having to drop $300 on a cheapo wheel at the event just to do the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RUN FOREST run shop, in Matlock, UK.
Just all round enthusiastic, knowledgeable, fantastic service.
I'm never going to cover the shop in any glory by winning anything. Yet nothing is too much trouble. As an example the guy spent well over 2 hrs sorting the right run shoes for me on my 1st visit, with video etc for each pair I tried, until we narrowed it down what was best for me, given my gait, past history with some other shoes, what I was using them for, etc. Just because he wants things right.
And he's been the same with Everyone else who's been since from my recommendation.
Quote Reply
Re: Now, for the anti-boycott thread... [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flo - super responsive. Email response great. Pick up the phone and get a human who can answer questions. Informative podcast. Good pricing. Nice wheels.

TrainerRoad- Love that I can post on the thread and get advice about my plan/calendar. Informative podcast. Nice youtube videos.
Quote Reply

Prev Next