Quote | Reply
Love it Mike!!!

Keep up the great work!!

Thanks for your dedication to the sport
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Lubbock [BTEEZY28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swim venue: .... its a lake
Bike Course: ... all the canyons, wind, and heat that make this race unique are still there (minus the 2 walls in the first mile and that $&@? at mile 55.75)
Run Course: Loved the out-and-back to the Texas Energy Lab. Never liked the “Loop the Lake” course with that single hill tack-on x 2. This run course will be unique and wide-open. Texas Tech has a huge campus footprint, and the “ins and outs” will give me plenty of opportunities to see the competition trying to run me down.

Great work Mike and Marti
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Lubbock [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For a first timer 70.3, would you say that this bike route is more or less hilly than Boulder 70.3, I looked at the maps and elevation for both races but I know those can be deceiving, trying to decide between these two courses for my first 70.3.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Lubbock [DaniD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look like Boulder has a couple of long slow climbs whereas Lubbock has 4 steep, punchy climbs. I'd say you couldn't go wrong with either, though I have never raced Boulder

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Lubbock [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree! Wish they would bring back the old energy lab as I heard many stories about it and really wanted to experiance it. What an amazing course and history sad to see them changing it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Lubbock [1Wavemaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The run course wasn't near as fun once they took out the energy lab part. Mentally it was a lot better with the out and back, although it was probably physically tougher.
Quote Reply

Prev Next