Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zwift Running is amazing [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone experiencing awful battery life with their RunPod? I got mine less than 3 weeks ago and have gone on 3 runs (<9 miles total). Went to go running today and it wouldn't pair, no blue light indicator either.

The only explanation I can think of is that the battery is dead, and I'll be very disappointed if that's the case.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Running is amazing [quadomatic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is still going just fine after 4 runs.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Running is amazing [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am having two issues...

Anyone having luck finding a chest strap that pairs well with iphone? I was using the polar H10 but it seems to never wake up sometimes or connect to the bluetooth but zwift can't find it. I couldn't use it my last two runs.

When HR chest strap doesnt work I resort to the apple watch for HR, which works ok but tends to stall out on runs for a few mins then randomly start again. anyone have a solution to that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't that killing your data plan? Or does the YMCA have free wifi that is actually decent?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Running is amazing [drluke12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have unlimited data and the YMCA has wifi. The wifi was too slow on my last Zwift run so I just used my phones data plan.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried it out once on my treadmill at home, everything worked fine but my phone screen is too small to watch. I feel like an ipad size screen would be the minimum to make zwift running enjoyable.

If anyone wants to buy a zwift pod, send me a PM :)
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Running is amazing [jeremyscarroll] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeremyscarroll wrote:
Herbert wrote:
Yup it is awesome. Did my first Zwift running race tonight

What are the races like? Various distances? How many people were in the race you did?

Is the assumption for races that everyone is on a 0% decline the whole time?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Running is amazing [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zwift running has been great! I started on it when it was released. I live in a fairly hilly area so it has been ideal for consistency with speed based intervals. Also no rain and snow. I still have the ANT+ dongle with the old Garmin footpod- after calibrating it works really well.

Answers to group run questions from Slowman:
1. what run event do you want? what do you want it to look like? be like? length? format? course?
It would be great to have some longer 15km+ events. Great builds for half marathons. It would also be nice if it was a regular occurrence. I haven't tried group workouts or races in a while. There wasn't enough runners in the beginning to make it competitive. It sounds like that's improved Course- Its nicer to be off the main roads on the running paths- I don't like being run over by Cyclists constantly.

2. when? what time of day, day of week?
Ideal is mornings 6:30 or 7:00am Pacific Standard Time ‎(UTC-8) - Day of the week- Any day but Recovery Monday

3. do you want to just DO it? or LEAD it?
I'd rather do it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next