Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike position feedback
Quote | Reply
Making my way back from a car vs. cyclist “incident” 4 months ago. I had a bike shop put together my new tactical and said just set it up neutral because I wasn’t ready to really get a fit on it yet (lingering back, shoulder, foot pain). So I’m finally starting to get back into it. This is my 2nd trainer ride, and I wanted some feedback on position. I will get a fit when I’m a bit further along. Honestly, I don’t think I have the endurance to pedal for a bike fitting session right now, lol.

The cameras and the varia radar will come off for races, and I’ll be able to mount my BTA under the aerobars instead of on top. I have some thoughts after watching/riding but I wanted to hear what more knowledgeable people have to say.

Thanks! (1st half of video is side, 2nd half is straight on)

Quote Reply
Re: Bike position feedback [TJP_SBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saddle is low.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need a bike fit pretty bad.

And Jim is correct - saddle is at least 2 cm low.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Bike position feedback [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh I don’t disagree at all.

It was my 2nd time on a trainer after 4 months off. My first time I was sweating buckets after 10 minutes. This time was 30 min and Garmin told me I set a new HR record.

I’m just trying to get a better position for now while I continue recovery. And when I am at a point that I can get back to “normal” training, I’ll go get a real fit dialed in. Like I said, if I had a 1hr fit scheduled now, I’m not sure I could even pedal for that long without dying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't pedal that much in a bike fit. I think you're making too much of the fitness required to do a bike fit. My bike fits take 2 hours and you probably pedal a total of 30 minutes, broken up in small increments.

When I'm fitting, I'm not interested in testing the rider's fitness or ability to produce power. We are trying to make sure the rider is in an orthodox position so as they improve their fitness, they are doing so effectively and safely.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply