Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IRONMAN to be included in Wanda Sports IPO
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN to be included in Wanda Sports IPO [sfjab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, I knew it!! There is no more bigger suckers, Wanda was the giant shark that ate the last of the big fish. SO now they are going to go the way of the whale, try and scoop up millions and millions of krill, so looking for a lot of little suckers to equal one big one!!!

They want to raise a billion dollars, they will have to sell 70+% of those assets to do that, and I dont think that is what IPO's do. Usually sell something like 20% or so to raise capital, this deal ain't happening.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN to be included in Wanda Sports IPO [sfjab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So no private money venture capital wanted to step in and overpay. Next up is public IPO. After that fails due to lack of interest they will do an asset sale. Who has their money ready? I'd love to see the financials on this thing just because they charge an arm and two legs just to enter so I wanna know how they managed to screw this up.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN to be included in Wanda Sports IPO [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Ha, I knew it!! There is no more bigger suckers, Wanda was the giant shark that ate the last of the big fish. SO now they are going to go the way of the whale, try and scoop up millions and millions of krill, so looking for a lot of little suckers to equal one big one!!!

They want to raise a billion dollars, they will have to sell 70+% of those assets to do that, and I dont think that is what IPO's do. Usually sell something like 20% or so to raise capital, this deal ain't happening.

To continue the fishing based theme (ok I know Whales are not fish).
Did SOMEONE sell them WTC for a shedload more than it was really worth ? Did they fall for it, hook, line and sinker ?

(Or actually is it the other parts of the Wanda business stockpile that is pulling WTC down into the deep ?)
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN to be included in Wanda Sports IPO [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did SOMEONE sell them WTC for a shedload more than it was really worth ? Did they fall for it, hook, line and sinker ?

Wanda was really a fish out of water on this deal, and it was the $650 million + about another $250 in debt they assumed, so about $900 million!! And that is no fish tale, that was one of the all time biggest boondoggles in our sport. Now they are a goldfish in a bowl, hoping someone actually changes their water before they drown in their own house!!
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN to be included in Wanda Sports IPO [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Now they are a goldfish in a bowl, hoping someone actually changes their water before they drown in their own poop!!

Ftfy.

I looked for the fishpoo meme but couldn’t find it. Basically two fish eyes looking out of a totally brown fishbowl.
Quote Reply