Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Jan. 14 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 14 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week: run like a person trying to get faster, swim a bunch, LIFT THE HEAVY METAL THINGS
just the first - got busy with opportunities to speak to the local school board (definitely one of the best parts of my winter break), taking my cousin back to college for her spring term, and chilling with my other cousins. All of which are more important than workout time.

M: 9 mi run w/ strides
T: 4.8 mi run + 1275 yd swim
W: 9 mi run
T: 4 mi run
F: 6.6 mi run + 1275 yd swim
S: 3.5 mi run
S: 12 mi run + 475 yd swim

totals 3025 yd swim + 48.9 mi run

goals for this week: at least 1 day off from running (doing it today, and surprised to be enjoying it!), swim a couple times, some hip exercises every day (today's done), bike at least once

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Monday, Ladies!

Glad you had a good week with family Dr. TC. That's always important. Something I tell my husband when he hems and haws about making family plans is "We're at the point where we don't get this time back".

And that's my segue into how last week went, because my father visited at the end of the week. Thankfully I nailed my recovery week workouts, snowstorm be damned. Dealing with my father for 48 hours was also exhausting for several reasons, but all escaped without too much harm.

This week's goals: Time to settle in to Beast Mode.

M- rest day (nailed it)
Tu- 2600yd swim, 70min Zwift, strength
W- 7mi run
Th- 50min Zwift and 4mi run
F- 3100yd swim, 50min run w/ intervals, strength
Sa- 55mi ride
Su- prehab, 14mi run, 2000yd swim

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik. I lost last week's update in a whirlwind of work travel but managed to get in 6200Y, 23 miles, and some hours on an ancient creaky hotel bike. It was fairly structured for January but I'm getting out of SoCal for some snow this weekend so that structure won't last :D
I'm signed up to race Oceanside, St. George, and Nice but am looking for another 70.3 race in June/July/August. Any suggestions from your favorites? I like cold and hilly.
I hope everyone has a good week.
Happy training.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Getting back into athe swing of things. Started using Zwift last week after figuring out where I could set up my trainer in the house (previously used in garage or back patio). So did 2 swims(plus bonus swim clinic), 2 Zwift sessions and 2 “runs” on the track. Swim-started training with a new group, closer to home, earlier time though only 1 hour instead of 1.5 hrs. I help out with a Give it a Tri program, so spent 2 hrs Sunday in the rain in the pool taking pictures and video of the swim clinic.

This week- Zwift 3x (maybe bike outside 1 day, if not raining) run 2x ??(Tuesday track workout cancelled due to flooding of the track lights), swim 2x.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 14 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whistler? Although the weather is somewhat like Russian Roulette so you might get a super hot day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yay for rest days. I skipped mine because it was only -6C and super sunny so I wanted to get outdoors and XC ski!

Goals were swim x 4, bike x 3, run x 3, xc ski x 1, activation/strength x 2. I got it all done! I'm also still alcohol free but I really fancy a burger and a beer tonight. Sparkling water and lentils here I come. Also, proud of myself for getting the first two assignments for this semester in ahead of schedule.

Goals this week are similar (one swim and bike done already) but the XC ski is temperature dependent; we're heading back into a polar snap.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 14 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stay strong! You got this!

I’m so impressed at your excitement to be outside when it’s bitchass cold.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 14 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
Stay strong! You got this!

I’m so impressed at your excitement to be outside when it’s bitchass cold.

-6°C is practically shorts weather this time of year. Although I'm in the land of perpetual summer ATM, so I'm sure my attitude will change when I get home.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 14 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It definitely took some recalibrating to get to that stage; when I lived in England -6 would have been hiding under a blanket all day weather.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade, I don't think I've recalibrated to SoCal just yet -- I think this weekend's XCSki trip is going to be the highlight of my winter :D

Whistler is a good option and I do have a soft spot for Canada even despite last year's mess. Thank you!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
only -6C
Spoken like a true Canadian. ; ) I kid, I kid. I'm a lifelong Michigander but the older I get the less tolerance I have for cold. It's supposed to get very cold here these next few days, just in time for the weekend, and I'm not looking forward to it. Although one good thing about the bitter cold is that the dogs poop right away so you don't have to spend much time outside coaxing them to go!

I got sick last week and had to take a few days off, but am feeling much better a week later and have been doing easy workouts. I'm just trying to keep a good routine when all I want to do is snuggle under the blankets.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 14 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hah! Last February I went to Montreal. I have a very good childhood friend who lives there and she basically said that anybody else, she would have told them not to go to Montreal in February because of the weather but I was okay because I was from Alberta. Hilariously, we both grew up in a country where the coldest month in winter averages about 10C.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Feel better MM!

One of my perpetual symptoms with the premature menopause is absolute intolerance for cold. It’s gotten better with the HRT but good lord, I used to run outside until there was a minus sign and now I cringe at the though of anything below freezing. It probably doesn’t help that I’m running after I swim these days. But! I did get a toque from Sherpa and it’s a serious fleece-lined, thick wool-knit one. Perfect for wet hair :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Feel better MM and stay warm!

Quote Reply