Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Tri Suits 2019
Quote | Reply
No team commitments for me this year so what’s up with Race Tri Suits this year?

LG has been my go to last 4 years so not really looked around much. Anyone have any links or data they can share on testing. I know when I tested with ERO 3 years ago my LG was the clear winner.

ROKA looks appealing but cant do custom kit.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tunnel tested the LG, Kiwami and Huub (all short sleeve). I'm sticking with LG.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd love to test several people on the Velotec suit. Their skin suit is amazing and consistently beats more expensive suits for us and every other test facility I've spoken with.

LG is still good...and comfortable.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Last edited by: Jim@EROsports: Jan 10, 19 7:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends if you want custom or stock suit. Started with ownway last season because I wanted a customized suit and loved it. You design it and they print it. Very comfy too. It is the only sleeves suit that is flexible enough that I could swim in it.

I wore LG and wattie ink before that. Both were nice but rolling them down for the swim then putting it on going to T1 was usually fine but not the most ideal.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swim with Kiwami on and never had an issue with shoulder restriction. Also swam with Zoot suits in the past and I always size down for a good fit. These were wetsuit swims so as far as shoulder restriction goes the wetsuit is going to restrict more of that movement than a tri suit will ever do.

jrielley wrote:
Depends if you want custom or stock suit. Started with ownway last season because I wanted a customized suit and loved it. You design it and they print it. Very comfy too. It is the only sleeves suit that is flexible enough that I could swim in it.
I wore LG and wattie ink before that. Both were nice but rolling them down for the swim then putting it on going to T1 was usually fine but not the most ideal.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m looking too, I’ve tried sls3 and it just wasn’t comfortable for me. I suppose other more expensive one piece tri suit brand names are better.

With that said with the suits I’ve used I just feel more comfortable in a two piece.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not true for everyone. My wetsuit does not restrict my shoulder movement but my trisuit has.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been wearing the LG without rolling it up for years with no issues. I have wanted to go with the wattie ink kit since I love the way all there other stuff fits, but never seen any testing with these kits so hard to buy with no data at all. Guess going with what Jim said its hard to beat the LG still.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know of an update to the LG suit? I have a clearance M" that I picked up 2 years ago but they are extremely difficult to get a hold of in the UK, I hoped that this was due to an update (even just colour scheme) being on the way now that we have an LG UK site.

Practise doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That must have been nice! I wear a small at 6 ft 160ish so they are all way to tight around the shoulders for me to swim in but the OwnWay one seems to be more forgiving. I really liked the Wattie Ink kit when I wore it but didn't love that it wasn't a full zip. Really like having the full zip on the one piece sleeved suits.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
That must have been nice! I wear a small at 6 ft 160ish so they are all way to tight around the shoulders for me to swim in but the OwnWay one seems to be more forgiving. I really liked the Wattie Ink kit when I wore it but didn't love that it wasn't a full zip. Really like having the full zip on the one piece sleeved suits.

I am 5'11, 160 and never felt to bad in a small, was just always such a pain trying to pull it up over the shoulders and get all the wrinkles out on the bike if I rolled it down.

Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I’ve tried sls3 and it just wasn’t comfortable for me

The sleeved suit I tried from them was absolute garbage. I learned why they were so much less expensive.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't tried others but I like my Zoot trisuit so much, bought 3 in different colors. They are one piece sleeved.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are your measurements and what size Zoot did you go with? Looking at them now and always like to hear real sizing experience versus the sizing guide. I am 6', 150 lbs, 29" W so thinking about going with a Small. thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [TeamHall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 5.11 160 I wore a small. Get a small for sure

TeamHall wrote:
What are your measurements and what size Zoot did you go with? Looking at them now and always like to hear real sizing experience versus the sizing guide. I am 6', 150 lbs, 29" W so thinking about going with a Small. thanks

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My team has been in the Castelli free SanRemo suit for the last few years. I do not know about any test results for it, but they must be out there. I can say that it is very comfortable, stretchy and light. Stays wrinkle free on me, I can easily swim in it (I had trouble swimming with my LG suit and with OwnWay) and the material is great in the heat compared to those other two suits.

They have a new suit coming out "soon" called the All Out Speed Suit that they say is very fast, but I have not seen the data on that either:

https://www.castelli-cycling.com/...men/p/861810418P-010

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
They have a new suit coming out "soon" called the All Out Speed Suit that they say is very fast, but I have not seen the data on that either:

That was a 2018 product release. It would surprise me if Jim Manton hasn't seen some of them come through the velodrome.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh thanks, I could have sworn that I saw some on the rack at Colorado Multisport. I guess coming soon means temporarily out of stock.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still dig Scody, since it has flexibile, skin tight shoulders and tests fastest for me

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know is Scody test fast one others? Did you happen to test it against a LG?

I like that they do custom.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:

I’ve heard great things about Ownway over and over but every time I have an appointment to talk on the phone the miss it, and then I can’t find another day to reschedule. It’s happened like 3 times.

Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weird! I have talked with them through email only and they've been responsive. Shoot me a PM if you want the contact person I have talked to and maybe I can set up an introductory email. Email is just so much easier for me with work, a one year old, and training.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto; they have been very responsive to me—even well beyond normal business hours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will do. I’ve been interested in custom gear

Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SummitAK wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

That was a 2018 product release. It would surprise me if Jim Manton hasn't seen some of them come through the velodrome.

He has tested some... if I remember correctly, it never did well compared to others... which shocks me.

I recently switched from LG to the Castelli All Out simply because it felt 100x better and was extremely thin in comparison. I raced it for one Ironman and loved it but am petrified I lost significant time on the bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next