Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ARA18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The build went well but it was a little tough finding all the Shimano Components. I went with "Flat" vs. the V - Cockpit which was quite easy to assemble and work with - less complicated then the Trek SC Gen 2 I built up a couple years ago. The Disc brake fairings look nice but are difficult when installing/aligning/realigning the rotors/calipers plus they have tiny screws. The bike is a size L and weighs about 19 lbs as pictured.

Since I live in MN I've ridden it about 5 minutes on the smart rollers ... waiting for a Trainer to arrive and eventually summer.

Last edited by: BRGUST65: Dec 27, 18 18:00
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [BRGUST65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great, hopefully no fork/Frame flex this time!
what is the highest you were able to get with Stack/Reach with the flat cockpit?

On a separate note, i have been struggling to find a 15% riser on the V-Cockpit (horizontal bolts) but finally found one available at Revolver Wheels website, might make me stick to the V-Cockpit for a little bit longer.

For Packing/Unpacking of V-Cockpit, you need to disconnect all Di2 wires (when packing) and feed them again through the fork and in the frame(Assembling), this isn't hard, but you have to practice it few times first. also need a 10 NM torque wrench. but it is pretty straight forward after that.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Zakalunce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
690mm was the tallest pad stack with the bar in the hands up postion. I built it at 670mm for cable/wire lengths and will probably settle between 640-660.

Pad Reach is 510mm with mounts in rear position and cups in the middle. By moving the mounts to the forward position and cups one in front of middle I would think 530mm would be close to the max reach.

I can detach the cockpit with 5 torx screws and disconnect the DI2 wires and wouldn't need to re-feed any wires/cables through. Could use velcro/foam to secure to frame/fork for travel but might need to take stack spacers out depending on travel case size.

Here is a picture:

Last edited by: BRGUST65: Dec 28, 18 10:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info, i have a Flat cockpit but still hesitating on installing it cuz of stack and reach.
Your junction box looks much cleaner from the previous rim brake version, i am assuming of the brake boost setup and that it accommodates the SRAM junction box now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BRGUST65 wrote:
690mm was the tallest pad stack with the bar in the hands up postion. I built it at 670mm for cable/wire lengths and will probably settle between 640-660.

Pad Reach is 510mm with mounts in rear position and cups in the middle. By moving the mounts to the forward position and cups one in front of middle I would think 530mm would be close to the max reach.

I can detach the cockpit with 5 torx screws and disconnect the DI2 wires and wouldn't need to re-feed any wires/cables through. Could use velcro/foam to secure to frame/fork for travel but might need to take stack spacers out depending on travel case size.

Here is a picture:

Really cool! Thanks for the info and pics.

The cockpit and di2 box looks very clean compared to the non-Disc version.

QQ... did you bought it at your LBS or online. Reason I ask is because of fit as the reach and stack on the BMC website is measured differently as I think it is measured from the floor and not from bottom bracket. Or am I completely wrong?

As mentioned before, I have a 51 Cervelo P2 and had a proper fit so I have my measurements but hard to pass these into BMC.

Thx
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ARA18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I purchased the frameset from LBS and they have access to a reach/stack configurator of sorts. Below are the output ranges which I used to select my frame size.

Pad Stack/Reach for TM01 Disc:

M/L - flat low base bar
Stack: 555-625
Reach: 422-508

M/L - flat high base bar
Stack: 560-630
Reach: 422-508

M/L - V cockpit
Stack: 616-665
Reach: 400-563

L - flat low base bar
Stack: 595-665
Reach: 438-524

L - flat high base bar
Stack: 600-670
Reach: 438-524

L - V cockpit
Stack: 656-705
Reach: 417-580
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It stinks how limited reach is without the super tall V cockpit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thinking about the Disc version for a new bike. Are the reach measurements to the back of the pad or center?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I compare to my Large w/Flat Base bar it looks like the list of measurements from the BMC configurator was to the back of the pad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That helps a lot. Thanks for the quick reply.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TM02 crew checking in. just put some zipp vuka stealth bars on the beast to clean up that front end (the stock cockpit on the TM02 105 is a disaster). anyone else have stealths on theirs? care to share pics? do you like them?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [johnj121591] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

does anyone of you know if I can get fit Zipp 858 NSW with 25mm tires into a BMC TM01 2013 (first model)?

Thanks for help

Cesc
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Cesc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a 2016 TM01, I couldn’t run a 25 up front because of the rake. On the rear a 25 was fine but my limit screws were pushed out at almost max. I didn’t run 858s. I went with a 23/25 combo
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mike s wrote:
I had a 2016 TM01, I couldn’t run a 25 up front because of the rake. On the rear a 25 was fine but my limit screws were pushed out at almost max. I didn’t run 858s. I went with a 23/25 combo

This was my experience too. Hed Jet Plus with Conti 4000 sii. The Zipp wheels and a less oversized tire might sneak a 25 up front.
Quote Reply
Rear Hydration Mount [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone seen a rear hydration mount that might work with open mounts on the BMC seat post? I'm trying a new saddle that I'm starting to like but it doesn't have any built in hydration mounts like the Fizik Mistica I have been using.

Picture:

Last edited by: BRGUST65: Mar 30, 19 17:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Question: I would like the option to completely remove the stem assembly from the frame for travel. Has anyone with the disc setup run a hydro quick-disconnect (Similar to what Formula used to offer) as a way to disconnect the lines in the stem and then just reattach when you arrive at your destination? I see this as the next step in clean travel, especially with a L frame already and the limitations on bike travel case sizes with those larger framesets.

Anyone?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mlrtyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello guys.

I have a question. Does anyone know how the extension bars of Rohan Dennis are placed in an upward angle?
Would like to have the same set up on my TM01 :)

Pic: http://oi68.tinypic.com/bjddi1.jpg

Regards.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Roflpain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like it’s a machined angle in the bar mount, might be able to try an angled spacer from Aerocoach or Drag2Zero. What bar setup you running?
Last edited by: mike s: May 18, 19 9:35
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mike s wrote:
Looks like it’s a machined angle in the bar mount, might be able to try an angled spacer from Aerocoach or Drag2Zero. What bar setup you running?

At the moment I have "profile design 4525a" extensions. But I have no problem with buying others if needed.
I also have the V-cockpit at the moment but I have ordered the flat cockpit yesterday. So I hope to have it in a few weeks...

EDIT: BTW thx for the tips, found some good angled spacers on drag2zero. Gonna contact them if they fit my spacers.
Last edited by: Roflpain: May 18, 19 12:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I switched to the 51 Speedshop Ultimate extensions to get angled effect but the aero bars/pads are not truly angled.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried a set of the revolverwheels 15 degree for under the pads, just didn’t work for my fit. They ship pretty quick. Just remember that if you want to angle your bars you need these https://drag2zero.co.uk/...d-shims-under-poles/
To angle the cups these
https://www.revolverwheels.co.uk/...olt-arm-rest-wedges/
Last edited by: mike s: May 18, 19 12:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Evo Bracket Kit from Profile Design works well.
https://profile-design.com/...ucts/evo-bracket-kit

Arnaud Margot
Swiss long-distance triathlete under construction
http://www.margotri.ch
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Margotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks very nice!

I see you use the race cups. I have the ergo.
Are the race cups comfortable?
What extensions do u use? Also 4525 or the 50 ?
Last edited by: Roflpain: May 18, 19 13:31
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Margotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just ordered that setup..great find
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes the race cups really "block" you in the position. I like that and it also helps you control your bike.
I still use the T4 that came with the BMC.
Last edited by: Margotri: May 19, 19 6:06
Quote Reply

Prev Next