Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rohan Dennis beaten in a time trial [ttusomeone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Mclaren thing makes me think of maybe an hour record attempt at a high profile Wiggins level of involvement and investment.
Quote Reply
Re: Rohan Dennis beaten in a time trial [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That Rudy helmet is pretty long in the tooth at this point, wouldn't be surprised if a new one showed up pretty quick now.

And I'd guess RD wasn't peaking for a race this early either, despite what he says about his form. All in all a good thing, better than having the AUS jersey sit in the luggage for a year.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Rohan Dennis beaten in a time trial [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
The Mclaren thing makes me think of maybe an hour record attempt at a high profile Wiggins level of involvement and investment.

That would be great. Would love it.

However, Hour Record could need him to get "heavy" while targeting grand tours require him to go "light".
Remember Wiggins weigh range : from under 70kg for TdF to above 80kg for Team Pursuit. I guess for HR and TT title he (Wiggins) was around 78kg.
Quote Reply
Re: Rohan Dennis beaten in a time trial [toecutter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dubridge wasn’t exactly riding a super optimized setup either. That skinsuit ain’t great compared to Dennis’
Quote Reply
Re: Rohan Dennis beaten in a time trial [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An interview with the national AUS ITT winner Luke Durbridge ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Last edited by: sausskross: Jan 13, 19 14:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sausskross wrote:

That was great. I have always liked Luke as a rider.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sausskross wrote:

Thanks for that! I've been a fan of his for years - Durbo seems like a really solid guy. I hope this TT win portends well for the rest of the season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
toecutter wrote:
So Rohan Dennis was beaten yesterday in the Australian National Championships by Luke Durbridge. Turbo Durbo is an excellent rider and has won the tt crown before, but you would not generally put him in the category of the ultra elite tt riders such as Dennis, Domoulin, Froome, Martin and so on.
It was Dennis' first race in the rainbow tt jersey, and with his new team and with new equipment and a new bike.
I was among the six or so people watching the race, and from the patchy coverage he was basically behind from the first split and lost in the end by 21 seconds.
In terms of equipment he was riding the Merida Time Warp 2, Fulcrum Rear Disc, some kind of deep front (no stickers), the Rudy Project Wingspan helmet and a skinsuit by Sportful. After the race, after noting he was beaten by the better man, he noted:
“Look, the legs are there. the power was good. As good as any other year, if not just a little bit better,” explained Dennis. “So, it’s just about finding out why I didn’t go as quick now and fixing it for the next race. It’s all about trying to figure out how to go a little bit quicker with the equipment that I’ve got.”

Sounds like RD isn’t happy with the Merida time warp

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.cyclingnews.com/...-monkey-off-my-back/

"I was surprised because my power was slightly higher than last year," says Dennis. "But there's different wind from year to year, and I've sat down with the sports scientists and the coaches since then and we're trying to figure out why I went slower than last year, but still with good power.
"But I'd rather look at it now than at a WorldTour race and then be another month or so behind, trying to figure things out mid-season. It's why I did Nationals – to sort everything out as soon as I hit the season to see if anything's wrong, and then fix it. Or, if everything's right, to not change things. So in the end it was a good thing, I think."

With a new baby to get to know during the winter, Dennis says that any intensive equipment testing hasn't happened so far.
"I think that's probably our next step. We've pretty well got the TT position the same as when I was at BMC, I believe. It's very close, but we just have to make sure – that's a real vital thing for me," he says. "The power was there at Nationals, but aerodynamics is obviously a big thing in time trialling, so maybe it was slightly off. There are just some little things here and there that we have to check. It comes down to a half per cent in time trials sometimes – it's absolutely minimal – so that's our next step."

Quote Reply
Re: Rohan Dennis beaten in a time trial [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
hadukla wrote:
Rudy strikes again!

I was about to say. I bet the helmet counted for most of the difference.

You know, I was kind of half joking but GCN asked an expert and they said the frameset wasn't the biggest difference maker but they didn't point it all on Rudy, they also highlighted the skinsuit and tires. I would be very curious to know the tires between the two teams...

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Rohan Dennis beaten in a time trial [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
hadukla wrote:
Rudy strikes again!

I was about to say. I bet the helmet counted for most of the difference.

You know, I was kind of half joking but GCN asked an expert and they said the frameset wasn't the biggest difference maker but they didn't point it all on Rudy, they also highlighted the skinsuit and tires. I would be very curious to know the tires between the two teams...

Aren't they both on Contis? Also Fulcrums vs Shimano too I guess, Pro are obviously fast when Dumoulin, Froome et al are on them. Also no tri spoke.
Quote Reply

Prev Next