Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to make my Speed Concept UCI legal and need the vertical distance between the pads and the top of the shifters to be less than 10 cm.

What is the best way to reduce the vertical distance between pads and top of shifters?

Is there perhaps a spacer of some sort available that you can place between the mono bar and the pads?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [ThisFarmingMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisFarmingMan wrote:
I'm trying to make my Speed Concept UCI legal and need the vertical distance between the pads and the top of the shifters to be less than 10 cm.

What is the best way to reduce the vertical distance between pads and top of shifters?

Is there perhaps a spacer of some sort available that you can place between the mono bar and the pads?

I found it! For anyone else that might be searching for this particular spacer, its part number is: W327606.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [ThisFarmingMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My SC fell over in the garage and managed to bend the rear derailleur hanger. Is it as simple as bolting a new one on or do I need one of those fancy alignment tools?

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

I just installed the mono-plug extension and some extensions. I noticed I can only push the extensions to a certain point towards the seat. They hit the elbow pad bridge/bracket thing. I had removed the 5 mm spacer that sits underneath it. Is that the reason I can’t push the extensions back further or is it just a matter of me needing to cut them to the proper size in order to get them close enough to me that they are the size I need.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should always do an alignment. - if only to make sure you get the best shifting. The difference between wrong and right can be profound. :)

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need to cut them. You may need to play with the different adjustments to keep the same pad x but have enough aerobar length to your hands. Measure 3 times, cut once.

blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next