Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt IA and di2 7970 (10 speed) battery mount issue
Quote | Reply
Anyone have both and have a solution? There is no provision for neither the battery mount external (like below the left chain stay or in front of the BB) or internal nor an access hole if I mount it to the downtube bottle cage mounts.

I read something about Icarus, but can't find too much info and it looks like that was made for a 31.8 seatpost.

Yeah yeah, I know, get out of the stone age and buy 11 speed di2. Eventually, eventually.

Quote | Reply
Pulling up an older post. Did you find a solution? I’m in the same boat thinking of making an internal mount for the external battery
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA and di2 7970 (10 speed) battery mount issue [chirider990] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chirider990 wrote:
Pulling up an older post. Did you find a solution? I’m in the same boat thinking of making an internal mount for the external battery

I had 2 options.

1-drill larger holes in the frame to accommodate the older and larger 7970 10 speed di2 cable ends

2-upgrade to 9150 11 speed

I chose option 2. More money, but safer and easier to resell the frame down the road.

Quote | Reply
chirider990 wrote:

There is a long time seller on eBay that offers a conversion battery harness and internal battery solution for Di2 7970. My wife and I used it for several years on a pair of speed concepts. I miss it because between 7970 and this battery it very seldom requires recharging.

My 7970 groupset has been on the bench for over a year. I was going to sell the whole group recently and found the RD had failed. So now I have a stack of extra parts. If you’re interested in the internal battery set up I’ll make you a great deal.
Quote Reply