Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Come on Stryd... [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine's very accurate too, I'm still not sold on how useful the power is.
Quote Reply
Re: Come on Stryd... [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently acquired a Stryd Live from someone on Slowtwtich. I also find it very accurate. I simply use it to track indoor workout distance/time to my Garmin so that iI don't have to manually enter it into Strava. First world problems for sure.

I'm over Stryd as a company though. Way too much marketing hype for me.

I see that they are now at least linking to the original site.
Quote Reply
Re: Come on Stryd... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here: pretty accurate outside, but inside is a different story.
On the treadmill, at around 4:50min/km, it agrees with the treadmill and my perception. Then I increase the pace to 4:10mi /km and Stryd shows no difference in pace. I'm ready to hear people telling me that my perception (and the treadmill) are wrong, but Occam and I, we disagree.

http://powerful-problem-solving.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow i didn't realize Garmin accuracy was so poor considering their GPS background. I hope he adds the new Polar vantage models to the list and if they're as accurate as the V800 then I may switch over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Francois,

Thanks for your post.

The image has always contained a watermarked link to fellrnr's website.

We recently added in a hypertext link in as well.

We frequently remove comments from our advertisements that include false information. In this case, we considered your comment a distraction from the ad because our page already contained proper attribution. So, we removed it.

"Maybe less people are buying the whole running with power thing so they are now selling distance accuracy."

Some folks like the power side. Some folks like the accurate pace & distance side. Some folks like the form/efficiency metrics. We cater to as many angles as possible.

"im completely unimpressed with my stryd. the power fluctuates so badly its not even a usable metric"

If you are having any problems with Stryd, I encourage you to email us at support@stryd.com and we will help there!

"On the treadmill, at around 4:50min/km, it agrees with the treadmill and my perception. Then I increase the pace to 4:10mi /km and Stryd shows no difference in pace. I'm ready to hear people telling me that my perception (and the treadmill) are wrong, but Occam and I, we disagree."

This is pretty common feedback. Treadmill running is physiologically more difficult than running outdoors due to heat build up and a "jerky" running surface from the treadmill belt. So, folks will often say that they must be running faster than the pace Stryd reports because their RPE is higher indoors compared to the same pace outdoors.

However, when you do a treadmill accuracy test, you will discover that Stryd's pace is correct. You can read more about this here: https://blog.stryd.com/...ow-treadmill-pace-2/

Best,
Angus
Quote Reply
Re: Come on Stryd... [StrydAngus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I wish I had taken a screenshot...I’ll leave it at that. " - Francois

No worries.

Just use Google Web Cache.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/...stryd.com/newsletter

https://storage.googleapis.com/...sets/attribution.png
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, let me clarify: if I increase my speed from a 4:50 min/km pace to a 4:10 min/km one yet Stryd shows no difference in its indicated pace, this had nothing to do with my RPE. The device is reporting two significantly different paces as one and the same. The problem, therefore, is with the device, not with me.

Now you may say that it isn't all Stryds that suffer from this flaw, and I have no basis to judge that, but my Stryd, for sure, is inaccurate.

http://powerful-problem-solving.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
StrydAngus wrote:
Hi Francois,

Thanks for your post.

The image has always contained a watermarked link to fellrnr's website.

We recently added in a hypertext link in as well.

We frequently remove comments from our advertisements that include false information. In this case, we considered your comment a distraction from the ad because our page already contained proper attribution. So, we removed it.

The problem is, your correct course of action would have been to politely point out the existing attribution in a reply, ideally along with adding another link as you did. Deleting a comment with that sort of content looks shady as hell, no matter what else you say about it. "A distraction from the ad" sounds... well let's just say I'm glad I was already not very interested in your product.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Come on Stryd... [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you Toby. I agree with your suggested action. We are learning and improving everyday. We will do better in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: Come on Stryd... [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not just the power reading that fluctuates wildly for me, but also pace. On my last two runs I had the treadmill set at around 9:00/mile pace for my warmup, and the Stryd reading was jumping around from 04:4x pace to 52:5x pace, and everything in between. This happened on one run, then I charged the battery completely and tried again and had the same issue. I haven't even bothered to use the Stryd ever since.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
I would love that however I have enough experience running to know whether a treadmill is way off or not. In this case, it wasn’t the treadmill. And I’m talking easily 1min/mi
You sound like an endorsement for the dunning-kruger awards and also like you have quite the axe to grind.
You're claiming to be able to judge by perceived effort which pace you're running at. If you don't realize how ridiculous this sounds then, by all means, keep going.
Quote Reply
Re: Come on Stryd... [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Wow i didn't realize Garmin accuracy was so poor considering their GPS background. I hope he adds the new Polar vantage models to the list and if they're as accurate as the V800 then I may switch over.

They're not as accurate as the v800. Not even close. Might get a little better with firmware updates (just came out with the first update in January and another one scheduled for February) but the gps tracks, and instant pace off gps, are nowhere near the v800. They're not even close to my Tomtom multisport. I have the vantage M and it's comparable to the 935 on gps accuracy. Most of the time it's acceptable. But the v800 was way better than the 935.
Quote Reply
Re: Come on Stryd... [stevendex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevendex wrote:
They're not as accurate as the v800. Not even close. Might get a little better with firmware updates (just came out with the first update in January and another one scheduled for February) but the gps tracks, and instant pace off gps, are nowhere near the v800. They're not even close to my Tomtom multisport. I have the vantage M and it's comparable to the 935 on gps accuracy. Most of the time it's acceptable. But the v800 was way better than the 935.

Interesting that the Vantage M is a step back. Any idea how the Vantage V compares?
Quote Reply

Prev Next