Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got an update straight from Giant on the 2019 lineup.

No top of the line Pro 0 for 2019.

Pro 1: Ultegra Di2, in Rainbow Black (colour shifting black with a tinge of sparkle, similar to the new Shiv paint, very cool)
Pro 2: Ultegra mechanical, in black/grey/"neon tangerine" (orange)
Frameset: black/grey/blue
Advanced: 105, black/green

The reason for this is that there has not been enough market demand for the top of the line Dura Ace Di2 model, "since most people at that level build a custom bike from our framesets." Makes sense. The difference between Ultegra and Dura Ace in TT setup is mostly weight, and not that much either. Much more bang in the Pro 1.

Also for 2019, the Pro 1 comes with Giant's new in-house dual-sided powermeter, which raises the price by only ~$200. Word is, this powermeter could potentially be offered aftermarket, for a fraction of what other manufacturers charge.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple questions for folks, first off, what is this part for? It was in the box of extra parts my LBS gave me when picking up my Advanced Pro 2018:

My other question is, who is using the rear bottle cage mount behind their seat that came with the Advanced Pro (in 2018 at least)? I attached mine to the ISM PN 1.0 seat, and it flexes a little at the hinge even when tightened, moving a few mm up or down when pushing a bottle in or pulling one out. I also haven't been able to mount it to where the bottle is very vertical at all without bumping into the seat itself, which is making it hard to put the bottle back in while riding. Should I be using a 3rd party mount like an X-Lab, or is anyone happy with this mount and if so, what tips do you have?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [overridex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the bridge that sits beneath your arm pads and on top of your pad spacers if you are using a lot of them and it's a bit wobbly. Prob suggested to use it if its 50-60mm or above maybe.

Also, I found the Giant bottle holder rubbish. I've since switched to Xlab.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
overridex wrote:
A couple questions for folks, first off, what is this part for? It was in the box of extra parts my LBS gave me when picking up my Advanced Pro 2018:

My other question is, who is using the rear bottle cage mount behind their seat that came with the Advanced Pro (in 2018 at least)? I attached mine to the ISM PN 1.0 seat, and it flexes a little at the hinge even when tightened, moving a few mm up or down when pushing a bottle in or pulling one out. I also haven't been able to mount it to where the bottle is very vertical at all without bumping into the seat itself, which is making it hard to put the bottle back in while riding. Should I be using a 3rd party mount like an X-Lab, or is anyone happy with this mount and if so, what tips do you have?

i zipp tied it to the saddle rails

Sorry if my english is pretty bad, I am not english native
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that bridge is for support between the arm pads if you're set up high and wide. I'm honestly not sure at what width or height it's recommended as the build manual doesn't mention it. I didn't use it on my bike.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1103957/Giant-Trinity-Advanced-Pro.html

As for the rear cage, there is play in it even when installed correctly and tight. I haven't really used mine because the front bottle is usually more than enough, but I have friends that use theirs all the time, and aside from a small amount of wiggling it works just fine. I would be inclined to buy a different one mostly because I find the stock Giant one to be quite heavy compared to others. Generally, these behind the saddle mounts aren't intended to have the bottle pointing vertically because that would be a pretty huge aero hit so you may just need to practice getting the bottle replaced while riding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried using SRAM Blip Grips by their brake levers on the stock Trinity base bar?

I used these on my previous ride with Zipp Vuka base bars, you end up with a nice grip that holds the Blip button for shifting on the inside of the bar near the brake levers. They're designed for 22.2mm bars. I tried putting them on the Giant Trinity base bars and they're a little bigger - not some other standard size, but more like 22.7mm. The grips themselves fit on, but not the metal clasp to hold it.

Has anyone else run into this, and come up with any solutions?

Thanks,

-Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [steve_c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone replaced their AeroDrive Tri Composite base bar on a Giant Trinity Advanced Pro (or Liv Avow in my case) with another brand? If so I'd be interested in hearing the details. As far as I know it has a non-standard fitting so most (all?) of the alternatives wouldn't fit, but I'm happy to be proved wrong on that :)
The cost of a new base bar from Giant in Australia is almost half of what the bike is worth so I'm hoping not to have to go down that route ...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [js100] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt there is any other bar that would fit - the entire system is proprietary, so the holes would have to line up exactly.

Why is the basebar so expensive there? Can you order from this site: https://www.giantbikespares.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes that what I figured, but thought it worth asking the question just in case. Got to love proprietary systems ;)

No idea why the base bar is so expensive here, just going by the rrp that the local Giant dealer quoted. And yes I'm looking at the UK site, just waiting for them to confirm the correct part for my bike as there seems to be a couple of different ones ...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [js100] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Merry Christmas all,

I don't have to top end like many here but I really love my 2016 Trinity Advanced(not the Pro) but here in South Africa I'm battling to find a Bento box or top tube bag that has a cut out for the cables , does anyone know where I can buy one online?
Thanks Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [ScottC-M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [ScottC-M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ScottC-M wrote:
Merry Christmas all,

I don't have to top end like many here but I really love my 2016 Trinity Advanced(not the Pro) but here in South Africa I'm battling to find a Bento box or top tube bag that has a cut out for the cables , does anyone know where I can buy one online?
Thanks Scott

Wouldn't the stock one work?
https://www.giantbikespares.com/Giant-Trinity_Avow-Advanced-Pro-Top-Tube-Bento-Box/product_detail/3-42956
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just acquired a 2017 Trinity Advanced Pro 1 that never sold at at local shop. It's my first tri bike and I'm loving it so far.

I'm wondering how folks are mounting their head units? I have an Elemnt Bolt which I've mounted on the clip-on bars of my road bike. I can do the same with the extensions of the Trinity, but am curious if folks have developed other solutions? The hydration unit doesn't leave many options.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Sharkienaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been going through the different threads on the Trinity in comparison to some of the other Tri bikes that are out there. It seems that the value that Giant currently offers is substantial compared to many other brands. After some time in the saddle how have the current Trinity owners found the bikes design hold up? Do you feel it offers the aero speed that Giant has on their chart? Any costly design features that have come up down the road that have added expenses that may not be an issue with other bikes?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Golfman09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Advance 0 2016 frame and really liked it. I was on a Felt DA and a Blue Triad (both of which I liked) previously, but my time's on common courses were much faster on the Giant (similar conditions and wattages, too). The integrated storage is a nice add too.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Golfman09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been on my Advanced Pro 1 for two seasons now. Still love it. No costly/serious issues at all.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any owners in the bay area? I've developed a rear storage box for the Cervelo P5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdGQyPyYozE&feature=youtu.be

Been asked by some to do the same for Giant Trinity Advanced bike. In order to do that, I need to take some measurements off the frame. Anyone in the bay area want to volunteer? PM me if you would like to participate.

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sadly, I am uk based but would be very interested to see the outcome. could utilise the seat post bolt somehow?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
Any owners in the bay area? I've developed a rear storage box for the Cervelo P5.

Been asked by some to do the same for Giant Trinity Advanced bike. In order to do that, I need to take some measurements off the frame. Anyone in the bay area want to volunteer? PM me if you would like to participate.

Does the San Diego Bay count?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People that have traveled with their Trinity Advanced: what case are you using? Is there a case that doesn't require the disassembly of the cockpit?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
yannb wrote:

Does the San Diego Bay count?

Unfortunately not, should have clarified that it is San Francisco Bay Area

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not a mechanical engineer (I'm an EE), but at the office my manager is a mechanical engineer and he has a precision caliper that I can borrow. If this helps, I can take some measurements for you, if you tell me what you need to know.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do U have a pic of ur trinity side and frontal view w Tri rig alpha?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [cmsamp3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A bit of misunderstanding in my previous post.
I didn’t install a TriRig Alpha on my Giant - I bought the CeeGee pads made for the Alpha and stuck those on my Trinity arm pads.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply

Prev Next