Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Speed box for Cervelo P5 now available
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I know a bunch of you saw my post a few weeks ago looking for various sized Cervelo P5 bikes in the San Francisco Bay Area so that I could adapt the design of my speed box from my 56cm P5 to other sizes, ie 58, 54 and 51.

I have completed the fit and am currently having one of each size 3d printed.

Each box is sized accordingly, so a box for a 51 will be smaller than one for a 58. But will still fit a tube, co2 cartridge and tire irons and inflator.

The cost to 3d print is not cheap, I am using shapeways.com, the cost varies based on the size, but average cost is across the 4 sizes is $104, this finish has a slightly textured surface with matte finish. The average cost for a smooth semi glossy finish is almost double at $188.

Once I get them, I have to do the following to them to complete them and make them fully functional.
1. add stainless steel 3mm screw and nut.
2. glue 4 powerful magnets, 2 in the body and 2 in the lid.
3. add a short leash between body and lid so the lid does not get lost.

With that being said, I am looking at selling the matte finished ones for $200 and the smooth finish ones for $275. This covers the development that I have done over the past year in perfecting it.

I'd like to gauge interest in these to see if it's viable for me to do. Note that this does not include shipping to you. In the U.S. should be around $10-15. I don't know what shipping would be outside the U.S.

attached is a picture of the box in matte finish on my 56cm frame.

I'll have pictures of the boxes on the other size frames, when I get the new prints in.

also, here's a video of a prototype box: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcNOBxPUeZo
another video of the actual box here:

If interested please reply with bike size and finish so that I can get a sense of how many.

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Last edited by: yannb: Dec 17, 18 20:37
Quote Reply
Re: Interest in speed box for Cervelo P5 [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I had a P5 I'd buy one of these in a heartbeat. Well done on the design. Not that you need another project but, IMO, there would be a larger market for these for the P2 and you could use the same design. It's a very good/aero place to adhere your bike number too fyi.
Quote Reply
Re: Interest in speed box for Cervelo P5 [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There’s a rear brake in that location on P2, so you should make that goes above BB. I have P2 and will buy it in a heart beat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great work. Would you mind posting a picture from the rear and/or the front? I'm curious how wide it is in relation to the frame.
I currently use an xlab 300 stealth behind the stem for my flat kit on my P5. I think it's pretty slippery, but it doesn't have the room this unit seems to afford.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d buy one.

Quote | Reply
yes, I would be interested
Quote Reply
Re: Interest in speed box for Cervelo P5 [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:
Great work. Would you mind posting a picture from the rear and/or the front? I'm curious how wide it is in relation to the frame.
I currently use an xlab 300 stealth behind the stem for my flat kit on my P5. I think it's pretty slippery, but it doesn't have the room this unit seems to afford.

To all those interested let me know what size frame and finish?
More pictures here

Instagram
Facebook
Last edited by: yannb: Dec 6, 18 22:04
Quote Reply
Re: Interest in speed box for Cervelo P5 [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
There’s a rear brake in that location on P2, so you should make that goes above BB. I have P2 and will buy it in a heart beat.

I've thought about it, but need access to some different size p2s to design one for it. What you can do, is take a manila folder and cut it to shape so that it fits exactly in the triangle above the BB as shown in picture below. mark the locations of the screw holes as well and draw an exact 3" line on the folder. Scan it and email it to me. Also, what is the difference between the p2 and p3 frame, they look the same.

Instagram
Facebook
Last edited by: yannb: Dec 6, 18 22:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
s13tx wrote:

I've thought about it, but need access to some different size p2s to design one for it. What you can do, is take a manila folder and cut it to shape so that it fits exactly in the triangle above the BB as shown in picture below. mark the locations of the screw holes as well and draw an exact 3" line on the folder. Scan it and email it to me. Also, what is the difference between the p2 and p3 frame, they look the same.

Basically, I'm looking for something like this. This is on P5 though.
There's no difference between P2 and P3. Only forks are different as far as I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwDGvniMa0E&t=5s

This is best I could do. It's Torhans water bottle, but you can use it as a storage if you cut the bottom portion of the bottle. I cut the bottom of the cage, moved it to downward, so it seats flush with the frame now. It works, but not up to my standard. 3D printed storage box shaped lie the one in video would be awesome.
Last edited by: s13tx: Dec 7, 18 7:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks great, but the P5 sure doesn't look ideal for that kinda of box - no Kamm tail to provide width to work with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may be interested in a matte one for a 51.
Quote Reply
Re: Interest in speed box for Cervelo P5 [mx441] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All those who have expressed interest please email me at yannbcommerce at g m a i l c o m with frame size, box finish, ie matte ($200) or smooth($275), city and level of commitment (maybe, for sure). I'd like to get a count of all interested and sizes to determine if it's worth doing this. If there are enough I may be able to get the boxes at a lesser cost and would be able to offer them at a lesser price to you.

A lot of you expressed interest in my previous post: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...g_P6796003/#p6796003

Below is the list of those who expressed interest

Instagram
Facebook
Last edited by: yannb: Dec 7, 18 15:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
s13tx wrote:

P2 and P3 frames are identical other than the forks. I have a 51 P2; I'll try to get you this sometimes next week. I've been thirsty for something to go there since it came out. I have no idea why they even keep it there if they're note going to do anything with it.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interested in one glossy box for my 58cm P5 (and thanks for putting in the work).

Dave
Last edited by: Kellermanns: Dec 7, 18 18:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
58, Matte finish
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Yann,

Interested on size 54 on matte black , thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Interest in speed box for Cervelo P5 [Ironmar26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First production boxes arrived this weekend and 2 were delivered.

54 cm frame:

size 51:

I have 2 58 boxes, but unfortunately, they are 3mm too big, the clamp sits 3 mm above the top tube. My mistake is your gain. I'll let them go for $75 plus shipping, I paid 110 each to print.

If you want one in any of the sizes: 51, 54, 56 or 58, please email me your full name, slowtwitch profile name, mailing address and phone, my email address is in my profile. The price is $200 plus shipping.

Instagram
Facebook
Last edited by: yannb: Dec 17, 18 11:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful Yann! Thank you so much for your effort . . . I can't wait to receive mine. The prototype was awesome, so this must be good!

Y'all, Yann is a wizard! Great work!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed box for Cervelo P5 now available [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First "large" batch of boxes received from the printing service tonight. 8 boxes in total, 3 56cm, 2 54cm and 3 51cm boxes.

With magnets glued in, waiting for glue to set overnight. Then attach leash to keep lid together with bottom tomorrow.

Boxes will be shipped out saturday to their rightful owners, across the US and Canada.

Another batch is coming in next week.

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am very interested, ride a 51 P5. How secure is the box on the frame? How secure is the cap on the box?

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Speed box for Cervelo P5 now available [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:
I am very interested, ride a 51 P5. How secure is the box on the frame? How secure is the cap on the box?

The box clamps around the seatpost with a 3mm nut and screw.

The lid is attached via magnets, 2 in the lid and 2 on the box. We have some very bumpy roads here and haven’t had a problem with the lid coming off.

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't own a P5. I just wanted to say how impressed I am with your project and how nice they look. Good job.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool, sending you an email now. What is the delivery time frame?

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Speed box for Cervelo P5 now available [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got a picture of my 56cm and my friend's 58 with box on it after I delivered his box. We didn't have time to remove that ugly "saddle bag".

Instagram: www.instagram.com/mybikeaccessories
Facebook: www.facebook.com/pg/yannbcommerce

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bravo, sir.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply

Prev Next