Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Poll: speed box for which TT bike [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love the idea. Also looking for a rear mounted option on the Argon 19 E119.
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: speed box for which TT bike [miken7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
miken7 wrote:

Would like to see for the e119 as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: speed box for which TT bike [miken7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
miken7 wrote:

The one I did for the Argon 18 E117, fits on the E119 as well, although the 119 I did a test fit on is smaller than the 117. The new box I'm printing tonight should fit on both sizes. Please indicate frame size and length of back of seat tube from top of top tube to top of chain stay so I can validate.

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
For those with a p2/p3, here is what I am coming up with for rear box. I'm not super happy about the look. the problem is having the rear brake in the way. Would this be acceptable? Would having a box above bottom bracket be better? The problem with that solution, is that that you wont be able to have water bottle where the braze ons are.

Also, can someone provide a picture of the area near the rear brake, looking at it from behind? it appears that there is a bolt above the brake.

Looks ugly, above BB is much better.
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: speed box for which TT bike [baluh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
baluh wrote:
yannb wrote:
For those with a p2/p3, here is what I am coming up with for rear box. I'm not super happy about the look. the problem is having the rear brake in the way. Would this be acceptable? Would having a box above bottom bracket be better? The problem with that solution, is that that you wont be able to have water bottle where the braze ons are.

Also, can someone provide a picture of the area near the rear brake, looking at it from behind? it appears that there is a bolt above the brake.

Looks ugly, above BB is much better.

Agreed, but I may have a solution behind the seatpost which will look much cleaner once I have a access to a p2/p3. I will be working on a above BB version of the box as well.

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you mock one up for the Trinity in the end? They look very cool btw, good work.
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: speed box for which TT bike [twirpburrows] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
twirpburrows wrote:
Did you mock one up for the Trinity in the end? They look very cool btw, good work.

I did mock one up for the trinity. It's in the first post in this thread. Posted again here. The blue and red one is from the Cervelo P5 for reference. However without physical access to one, I can't validate it.

And thanks for the compliment. Been fun working on this little project, gives me an excuse to look at more bikes.

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah yes, I saw that post. Wasn’t sure if you’d managed to get one out in the wild yet. Looking forward to seeing how your little project progresses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another +1 for the Felt IA. It would be great to have a design for one above the BB too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 for the felt DA..would love to be able have a small version where I can screw it into the existing bosses which were made for using di2 battery befind the straight seatpost..just large enough for co2 and tube and could still fit with my bts bottle bracket.
Will shoot a picture tonight.
Or start with the bosses and mold down toward the wheel like u currently have set up..
Again will shoot a picture
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:

Most people use BTA bottles and you can have water bottles behind the saddle, so above the bottom bracket is the best location IMO.

yannb wrote:

That's the rear brake mounting bolt. It holds the caliper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:

There is a bolt there, and it's not the mounting bolt, but it's obscured by an Omega which leads me to believe that's not going to be a suitable area for mounting, since much of your target market will be using those. I think it'll have to be either just on the seatpost (like the IAx) or go for the BB.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: speed box for which TT bike [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toby wrote:
yannb wrote:

There is a bolt there, and it's not the mounting bolt, but it's obscured by an Omega which leads me to believe that's not going to be a suitable area for mounting, since much of your target market will be using those. I think it'll have to be either just on the seatpost (like the IAx) or go for the BB.

You’re right. With the tri rig brake a box won’t fit there. Guess I’ll work on the BB box instead

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Making good progress on prototypes for
Argon 18 E117/E119

Parlee TTiR

These are test prints for both bikes. The printer I use is not the best quality output. But it works for testing out fit. Another iteration of each to finesse some small details to be printed in next day or two.

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great work on these!

But i must admit I'm totally baffled by how all the major companies (except trek, myabe felt), neglects this. It should be standard to be able to buy one of these for your tri bike. Is there a patent thing involved in this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cervelo NP3 pls.

There's plenty of space above the brake if you are using a side pull brake like Shimano durace/ultegra. I can provide laser measurements for my size 58 frame.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
Argon 18 E117/E119

Parlee TTiR

These are test prints for both bikes. The printer I use is not the best quality output. But it works for testing out fit. Another iteration of each to finesse some small details to be printed in next day or two.

nice... looks like it will be pretty small overall.. even smaller on my sized small bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: speed box for which TT bike [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
yannb wrote:
Argon 18 E117/E119

Parlee TTiR

nice... looks like it will be pretty small overall.. even smaller on my sized small bike.

Here's a digital mock up for your small frame. Will print it out next and see how it actually fits on the small that Studio Velo has on display.

Instagram
Facebook
Last edited by: yannb: Jan 7, 19 16:43
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: speed box for which TT bike [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
yannb wrote:
Argon 18 E117/E119

Parlee TTiR

First test fit tonight on the Parlee TTiR small. Almost perfect, 2 small changes that need to be made and it should be good to go.

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would love something for a Scott Plasma 5.
Only thing this bike is missing it extensions that can be tilted and a rear draft box.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NP3 using the existing bolts above the BB will be awesome and I suspect will be your biggest potential market - Cervelo owners have been waiting, waiting for so long for some usable storage in this area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd love one for BMC TM02 size ML.

P.
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: speed box for which TT bike [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Always felt the same!!! Trek is also betters then felts design, but these should be slandered on all Triathlon bikes.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: speed box for which TT bike [CG99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CG99 wrote:
NP3 using the existing bolts above the BB will be awesome and I suspect will be your biggest potential market - Cervelo owners have been waiting, waiting for so long for some usable storage in this area.
Getting access to a p3 this weekend so that I can take some measurements

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
spntrxi wrote:
yannb wrote:
Argon 18 E117/E119

Parlee TTiR

First test fit tonight on the Parlee TTiR small. Almost perfect, 2 small changes that need to be made and it should be good to go.

Glad you got access to a TTir Small... mine is small as well.. Looks good so count me in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any chance of going all the way down to fill that spot (under)... if not still cool
Last edited by: spntrxi: Jan 11, 19 8:53
Quote Reply

Prev Next