Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST Rise&Grind [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MRid wrote:
No B leader today, the perils of only having 1 leader I suppose, so most of us B-riders rode with the A group. Matt (TriIowaCPA) tried to kill us, but it was a good ride. Thanks Matt!

Though, maybe next time, less of the 6w/kg intervals off the front ;)

You guys rode strong today! I couldn't break you all if I tried! Fun group and a great workout. I like the "no plan" group ride. Next week I'm going to need to burn some serious calories ahead of Thanksgiving festivities, so maybe I'll adjust my Zwift weight to not damage the pack dynamic haha.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Rise&Grind [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry all - I've been the C group ride leader. I worked really late last night and felt like death this AM. I got up at 5 to try to make a go, but I felt awful. My sincerest apologies, I felt awful to not be there. I'll be 100% and ready to go next Thursday for those of you looking to get in a solid ride before the US Thanksgiving day festivities begin! We will earn the turkey!
Quote Reply
Re: ST Rise&Grind [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Winter is here

USAC, Health and Nutrition Coach
http://www.echelonhealthcoaching.com
use code SLOWTWITCH for %15 off
Quote Reply
Re: ST Rise&Grind [JesseR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D group went off a little hot but it was kind of fun when 4 of us joined up and tried to close the gap. So far things have seemed to go smoother each week.

Last edited by: JesseR: Nov 15, 18 13:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be on next week with either the A or B groups. We lost power overnight last night and the generator was low on fuel...

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there any interest on setting this ride so that you can only see group riders? I had some chain issues this morning, so I had to bail early, but it was somewhat difficult to keep track where everyone was with all the 'normal' universe riders visible on the course. Most group rides limit visibility, and I feel it really makes it easier to keep track of where everyone is. Just my 2 cents.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I jumped into the ride for the first 30 minutes to finish of my morning ride. I wish it started at 5 am or earlier, as I generally need to be done by 6 am to get the kids ready and off to work. Anyone else wish this ride could start earlier?

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: ST Rise&Grind [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do. I also need to be done by 6ish. Starts too late for me.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Rise&Grind [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
I jumped into the ride for the first 30 minutes to finish of my morning ride. I wish it started at 5 am or earlier, as I generally need to be done by 6 am to get the kids ready and off to work. Anyone else wish this ride could start earlier?

if you can get 50 or 100 so people who want a 5am ride, we'll stick one on the schedule. we have 4 more weekdays to choose from. we have plenty of available ride leaders. i'm happy to help you aggregate the people, either via polling or direct email or both.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MRid wrote:
Is there any interest on setting this ride so that you can only see group riders? I had some chain issues this morning, so I had to bail early, but it was somewhat difficult to keep track where everyone was with all the 'normal' universe riders visible on the course. Most group rides limit visibility, and I feel it really makes it easier to keep track of where everyone is. Just my 2 cents.

questions and comments:

1. what you're talking about is "culling". it's generally frowned upon. there's got to be a compelling reason.
2. is everyone wearing the ST jersey in this ride on this ride? i don't know. what i'm asking is, does the ride convert your jersey to an ST jersey, automatically, for the duration of the ride?
3. what are you using to run The Game? iOS, windows, etc.?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. I've never set up an event, but pretty much every group ride I do only let's you see other group riders. (to be clear I'm not talking about B riders only seeing B riders, but you can only see members of that ride regardless of group). In fact I'm so used to this that it struct me immediately after leaving the start pens that I could see the whole universe.

2. It does put us all in slowtwitch jerseys, which helps, but there is still so many people on course that it's still difficult.

3. Windows and iOS, though Windows primarily for cycling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be all for a 5am start as well.

In other news, I don’t think the D leaders have shown up the last two weeks. Been fun sweeping but if we had some leaders to control the pace at first it might minimize the need to sweep as many.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MRid wrote:
1. I've never set up an event, but pretty much every group ride I do only let's you see other group riders. (to be clear I'm not talking about B riders only seeing B riders, but you can only see members of that ride regardless of group). In fact I'm so used to this that it struct me immediately after leaving the start pens that I could see the whole universe.

we've had our tuesday structured training set up both ways. the sense i get from zwift is they prefer not to have either "culling", which is what we're talking about, or "invisibility", which is that other riders (not in the ride) don't see you. right now we've been given a lot of leeway by zwift.

2. It does put us all in slowtwitch jerseys, which helps, but there is still so many people on course that it's still difficult.

i ride these rides every week. i have no problem knowing where the other riders are. they're in ST jerseys. i see them in front or behind, from the sidebar on the right showing riders in the vicinity. however, i hear you. this isn't the first time i've gotten this request. i'll continue to visit this up the chain.

we're in the eye of something right now; things can either be hard or easy with what we want to do on zwift and right now they're easy. i want it to remain that way. so, i'll try to balance everybody's imperatives as well i can.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if I'm mixing things up, because what I'm talking about is very common. Like, I can't remember the last group ride/race/fondo I've done were this hasn't been the case. (with the exception of this ride of course)

That being said, it's definitely not a deal breaker, just more of a nice to have.

Also, to the 5am people, I'm good with anytime between 4:45 and 5:45 am.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MRid wrote:
I wonder if I'm mixing things up, because what I'm talking about is very common. Like, I can't remember the last group ride/race/fondo I've done were this hasn't been the case. (with the exception of this ride of course)

That being said, it's definitely not a deal breaker, just more of a nice to have.

Also, to the 5am people, I'm good with anytime between 4:45 and 5:45 am.

i'm going to query folks on this, but, let's say the majority want to go at 5:30am. would you be more inclined to take part if we just put up another ride on another day? say, wednesday, 5am EST?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If your are asking me, Thursday at the current time is perfect for me. I'm just saying that I'm ok with earlier if that's what the majority want. In terms of other days, my window to start an event is 4:45-5:45am Mon-Fri. Currently I have a race series I do on Wednesdays (it has 2months left) and a reoccurring group ride on Fridays. Then the Rise&Grind on Thursdays. Alot of this is subject to change as events change and if I'm building for a tri or not. But for the next couple months, I'm planning on the above schedule.

If you added a Mon or Tues ride, depending on the structure, I'd probably consider doing it as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Possible to move to D group leader? Our assigned leaders have been MIA for the last month.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JesseR wrote:
Possible to move to D group leader? Our assigned leaders have been MIA for the last month.

are you asking for you to be the D group leader? that's fine with me if there's no leaders. let me know.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, that’s what I’m asking. We get a pretty good sized group (24) but it ends up spread out. I’ll see if I can’t find a volunteer for sweeper.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear in re - leaders. I've been missing this ride now for a month due to a string of technical difficulties that is now, finally, getting escalated over at Zwift. Hoping to get a resolution this week that doesn't involve "please buy a new trainer because we've rendered your CompuTrainer useless."

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First time doing this ride this morning (or any group ride that's not a race on zwift). It was fun and a great workout! Thanks to Matt Gardiner for leading.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Rise&Grind [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I was surprised by how much I enjoy Group rides, until about 3-4 months ago, I was either racing or doing an individual workout. But now I do more group rides than races. Though I got to say, this ride is an awful early start for you Central Timers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JesseR wrote:
I would be all for a 5am start as well.

In other news, I don’t think the D leaders have shown up the last two weeks. Been fun sweeping but if we had some leaders to control the pace at first it might minimize the need to sweep as many.

I have been in and out as a Group D leader. I've had computer and subscription issues and finally got that solved. I love the morning ride and looking forward to making it more steady. Sorry if this has caused a problem.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it was a great time & workout and much less stressful than a race because you're not worried about missing the move. How did you enjoy leading?

And the early start time wasn't that bad. I get up at 4 everyday, but usually sit around drinking coffee for 30-45 min. This made me feel like a slacker for doing that! Got in an extra 30 min of training by getting with it right away.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Rise&Grind [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leading was actually kind of fun. I was a little nervous, as Fuller, the normal ride leader, does about 3.5ish w/kg for that ride, and that's at about my threshold. As a participant I can just sit in the draft at about 3.0 and keep up no problem, but as the leader I'm somewhat responsible for setting the pace so I was a little worried about blowing up. Ended up not being a problem and we had some fun, so I'm up for doing it again whenever Fuller is out.
Quote Reply

Prev Next