Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [leonmac] [ In reply to ]

I was just searching on their website to make an order.
Thank you all for the warning.
I will NOT be ordering from them.

Isn't there some integrity thing in triathlon organization that they have violated that might prevent them from sponsoring pro athletes .... ? pro's sponsored by them might not want to be associated with shady business?

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [keepitreal] [ In reply to ]

keepitreal wrote:
I was just searching on their website to make an order.
Thank you all for the warning.
I will NOT be ordering from them.

Isn't there some integrity thing in triathlon organization that they have violated that might prevent them from sponsoring pro athletes .... ? pro's sponsored by them might not want to be associated with shady business?

Sadly all many pros and agers care about is free.....

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]

Lovethepain.com is the absolute worst company!! There have been many customer complaints about their delivery on this site and Slowtwitch, and I foolishly thought I’d give the company a try. So, on August 17, I contacted them and said I wanted a kit for a race October 13 and received an email that they would rush the order. Their website says 4-6 weeks, so I thought that 8 weeks was adequate time.
On September 25, I again contacted them asking about the status of the order, and was told that it would be going into production the end of that week. I contacted them and told them to cancel the order if they couldn’t get it to me by October 8. They then said they would rush the order. When the order hadn’t even shipped on October 12, I emailed that by their own terms (4-6 weeks), the order was too late and that I didn’t want it, and that if they shipped it, I wouldn’t accept it, and would dispute the charge with my credit card. They now accuse me of trying to defraud them. Really?!?! This is one company I’ll never buy from again.

This is part of two emails I received from Love the Pain. I won’t post all text bc it’s long, but will share it with anyone who wants the full exchange. Here goes...

From Love the Pain- “I'm sorry you feel the need to attempt to defraud us. We are a small American company who manufacture to order. You really believe that if you put an order in our system and our artists start working on it, and our production team works on it, that we are taking a risk because in your mind you want it by a certain date? I would have to respectfully disagree with you. Show me a company whos policy is to work by the hopes of their customers. If we do not meet your hopes and dreams for quick turnaround then you will badmouth us, and dispute your order?”

Also from Love the Pain...
“A threat to defraud us is unacceptable. You cannot dictate when you receive shipments from us. We manufacture to order we don't ship from stock. Our terms are not specified as far as time frame. We provide what our current average it. This average changes all the time. Currently, we are at 3-5 weeks. We do run 6-10 weeks as well at times. Threatening to dispute a charge on items you purchased from a made to order special company is a threat to defraud us. This means it was your intent at the time of purchase if you did not get items when you needed them.”
In Reply To:

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Carlaibrown] [ In reply to ]

2 observations

There is a years worth of info on how shit they are but somehow you thought it would work out differently for you

They are a shit company who's performance is abysmal. Anyone purchasing from them arguably gets exactly what they deserve

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]

Andrewmc wrote:
2 observations

There is a years worth of info on how shit they are but somehow you thought it would work out differently for you

They are a shit company who's performance is abysmal. Anyone purchasing from them arguably gets exactly what they deserve
For real... and not to buck their customer service, their "responses" above are delusional. Defraud?!

What a joke, they consistently miss delivery dates by a wide margin reportedly from paying customers. That is the definition of defraud!

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]

You’re probably right. Hopefully my post will protect someone else from them.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [zedzded] [ In reply to ]

Full disclosure is that I don't own any LTP gear, will never order any LTP gear (not even related to this post), and will continue to roll in Wattie because that's what works me.

I regret that Robert got pulled into what was clearly intended to be a thread about LTP customer service issues. I've never met him, but I like his vibe and have heard nothing but amazing things about him from multiple friends. I appreciate guys in this sport who keep it real and do not pretend to be anyone they are not: for what it's worth, he strikes me as one of those guys. I'd rather cheer for someone like this guy than folks with 40K followers who feel compelled to post crotch shots after every damn 1.5 w/kg workout. But I get it...

Anyways, completely unrelated to LTP service since I don't have any experience with them and never will, but just wanted to offer that despite affiliation with the brand and their customer service shortcomings based on this thread, I wish he wasn't brought into the discussion in any negative way.

Peace. ~ chris @mcgspoke

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Mcgspoke] [ In reply to ]

Mcgspoke wrote:
Full disclosure is that I don't own any LTP gear, will never order any LTP gear (not even related to this post), and will continue to roll in Wattie because that's what works me.

I regret that Robert got pulled into what was clearly intended to be a thread about LTP customer service issues. I've never met him, but I like his vibe and have heard nothing but amazing things about him from multiple friends. I appreciate guys in this sport who keep it real and do not pretend to be anyone they are not: for what it's worth, he strikes me as one of those guys. I'd rather cheer for someone like this guy than folks with 40K followers who feel compelled to post crotch shots after every damn 1.5 w/kg workout. But I get it...

Anyways, completely unrelated to LTP service since I don't have any experience with them and never will, but just wanted to offer that despite affiliation with the brand and their customer service shortcomings based on this thread, I wish he wasn't brought into the discussion in any negative way.

Peace. ~ chris @mcgspoke

I agree Chris. I follow Robert on Instagram and he’s a refreshing change to all the other wankagram wannabes.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [zedzded] [ In reply to ]

zedzded wrote:
Mcgspoke wrote:

Peace. ~ chris @mcgspoke

I agree Chris. I follow Robert on Instagram and he’s a refreshing change to all the other wankagram wannabes.

I don’t think anything negative was said about Robert.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]

I looked through the thread and perhaps I missed it but did you ever get the suit?

Edit: Looking through the thread again I see that you did.
Last edited by: jaretj: Nov 9, 18 2:48

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [jaretj] [ In reply to ]

jaretj wrote:
I looked through the thread and perhaps I missed it but did you ever get the suit?

Edit: Looking through the thread again I see that you did.

Yes, eventually it was delivered after I opened a dispute with the credit card company. I think it took about 5 months.

It seems they may have made more of my suit, since some IG guy has a photo-op wearing my suit (or a copy of my suit).

Guys...60% off code in your email box... DON'T DO IT!

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

TheStroBro wrote:

60% cheaper. 500% slower delivery.

TulkasTri wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

They have to be going out of business with that code, right?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.

I'm so tempted just to see what will happen
Like I wont need it until spring......so they will have almost 6 months.....

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

TheStroBro wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

They have to be going out of business with that code, right?

I don't know to be honest. One of their "sponsored" athletes is local here in San Diego, and he received a crap ton of their gear, custom made with his name, in absolutely record time. I honestly don't know what is going on @ LTP. It seems like if you have a solid IG presence, you will get your gear super quickly. But us mortals that only have a couple of hundred IG followers (half of them fake Russian hooker accounts), we have to deal with the long delays.

TulkasTri wrote:
I don't know to be honest. One of their "sponsored" athletes is local here in San Diego, and he received a crap ton of their gear, custom made with his name, in absolutely record time. I honestly don't know what is going on @ LTP. It seems like if you have a solid IG presence, you will get your gear super quickly. But us mortals that only have a couple of hundred IG followers (half of them fake Russian hooker accounts), we have to deal with the long delays.

I think they're so busy making a new outfit for Ellie Salthouse to wear every single time she works out that they can't produce anything else. Seriously, not sure I've ever seen her in the same kit twice. And they look sharp. But damn LTP doesn't inspire much confidence with threads like this

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]

Don’t do it! I promise that you will regret it!
In Reply To:

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Carlaibrown] [ In reply to ]

So does all this go for the t-shirts as well?
Are they "custom" making every shirt? A friend of mine really liked one of the designs he saw at a race and I wanted to get it for him as a get well present after an ACL surgery. But I dont want it to arrive when he is like 3 months post op....

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Eroc43] [ In reply to ]

Eroc43 wrote:
So does all this go for the t-shirts as well?
Are they "custom" making every shirt? A friend of mine really liked one of the designs he saw at a race and I wanted to get it for him as a get well present after an ACL surgery. But I dont want it to arrive when he is like 3 months post op....

The way I understand it, apparel stuff is not custom made and they ship quickly. I think you will be safe.

I was never going to buy a new LTP suit because of all the bad press, but picked up a 2nd hand one, well it had been worn once by my mate, but didn't fit. I don't actually know it was LTP until someone pointed it out, awesome suit. Much better quality than the ones I've had before. Shame they have such delivery/supply issues.

zedzded wrote:
I was never going to buy a new LTP suit because of all the bad press, but picked up a 2nd hand one, well it had been worn once by my mate, but didn't fit. I don't actually know it was LTP until someone pointed it out, awesome suit. Much better quality than the ones I've had before. Shame they have such delivery/supply issues.

Is that the one you wore in Busso?

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Brett runs] [ In reply to ]

Brett runs wrote:
zedzded wrote:

Haha yeah

zedzded wrote:
Brett runs wrote:
zedzded wrote:

Haha yeah

I hope it was given to you ;-)

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Brett runs] [ In reply to ]

Brett runs wrote:
zedzded wrote:
Brett runs wrote:
zedzded wrote:

Haha yeah

I hope it was given to you ;-)

It was.

In exchange for $100!

Prev Next