3 - Fast Track Triathlete book

Non-tri:

Some clothes and a SNES classic mini.
Quote Reply
Re: What did you get for Christmas 2018? [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri related:
-kickr climb (it’s awesome!)
-quad lock case and mount (pretty slick)

Mtb related:
-POC DH gloves
-POC ceramic bib shorts (best I’ve ever worn based on yesterday’s ride), jersey, leg warmers, and arm warmers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nike Epic React. I am doing all of my running in different Nikes and Skechers. Five years ago if you had told me that I would run any miles in either Nike or Skechers, I would have scoffed.

Happy Runner book, (written by Megan and Dave Roche--Dave is a long-time poster on this forum--doesn't come around much any more but reading some of his old race reports is always entertaining). I have heard that the book is excellent.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not quite a present discovered under the tree yesterday, but I welcomed a new bike into the family :)

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my annual pool pass and gym membership and entry fees to whatever swim meets i want. Other than that, I am assuming that I did not get that crappy 2017 Xmas gift that I got to open in June from under a bus which said, "you are just lucky to be alive....now go back to rehab". If my Xmas gift is a normal year, which ideally includes being able to jog, then that will perfect. Other than that, I got my family and good friends. I'm not really much of a toy/materials guy. When my wife told me I could guy a fully loaded Audi A8 or Q7 for my 50th birthday, I returned from car shopping replacing my 6 year old black jetta base model with a new black jetta base model.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Madone SLR 7 Disc, now just waiting for it to arrive.

My last SRM power meter just came in as well.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a lezyne floor pump, twin six jersey, PI socks, and gift card to LBS. Kinda psyched.

Let's start adding to this by saying notable things we GAVE for Xmas 2018 too! I gave sister in law one of those bird bottle cages from PWS. She's really into birds and is a budding triathlete, she loved it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig Alpha X to finally replace the stock Vision front end that came with my P2C 9 years ago. Now consider me impressed with the quality of all the parts and ingenuity of the design - all really nicely done. Suddenly the cost makes a lot of sense...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a nice idea ..

.. for decoration .. :-)

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Re: What did you get for Christmas 2018? [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
Not quite a present discovered under the tree yesterday, but I welcomed a new bike into the family :)

She's a beaut, Clark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kickr snap - bought it from a PerfBike store closing down.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New pair of boots
A quality mouthguard for jiu jitsu (actually a kit for it; you make a mold of your teeth and send it to the manufacturer for a custom fit)
A replacement for my tattered university scarf from the school at which I did my junior year abroad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So pretty! And it looks fast :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a bunch of Eddie Bauer First Ascent hiking gear including an Evertherm Jacket, 30 liter day pack, 70 liter collapsing duffel bag, full leather hiking boots, hiking socks, and heavy gloves.

I have IM #15 and #16 in 2019 then I'm changing gears and will be hiking Mt Kilimanjaro starting on Christmas Day with the ascent scheduled for 1 Jan 2020. 364 days to go!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garmin 520+
Oakley Racing Jacket (replaces my cheap xx2i [rudy project discount brand] that broke in my bike accident)

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anna s wrote:
A SNES classic mini - how cool is that :-)

The SNES was by far my favorite gaming console. That is AMAZING. What games do you have for it?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pirate socks! And paraphrasing Jimmy Buffett, not enough time with my lady.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shed load of MucOff products. Degreaser, lube, various brushes, goggle/glasses cleaner, etc.

Renewed Singletrack (MTB magazine) subscription.

The MTB and I both get rather filthy this time of year in dear old Blighty. So the stuff will come in mighty useful over the next few months.

And new drivetrain bits - for when the next 4 months of mtb riding here in the filth rogers the current drive on the full susser senseless.

A great haul 😁
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A "nokia withings body+" body fat percentage scales.
Probably just a toy rather than a serious measurement instrument.
After fighting at least for an hour with an app I had to download to configure the scales I have seen results of 20% and 11% upto now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beats over ear wireless headphones...trainer rides with good tunes. Tried them this morning. Impressive
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
Anna s wrote:

The SNES was by far my favorite gaming console. That is AMAZING. What games do you have for it?

Nintendo launched last year a mini version of the SNES, with something like 20 classic games loaded in the memory. What is unfortunate is that you can't use your original games on it, but some russian hacker found a way to load it with more games =D...

https://www.amazon.com/Super-NES-Classic-nintendo/dp/B0721GGGS9/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1545850634&sr=1-1&keywords=snes+mini+classic
Quote Reply
Re: What did you get for Christmas 2018? [Jonny89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonny89 wrote:
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
Anna s wrote:

Nintendo launched last year a mini version of the SNES, with something like 20 classic games loaded in the memory. What is unfortunate is that you can't use your original games on it, but some russian hacker found a way to load it with more games =D...

https://www.amazon.com/Super-NES-Classic-nintendo/dp/B0721GGGS9/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1545850634&sr=1-1&keywords=snes+mini+classic

Oh hell yes. The preloaded games are all baller. It's missing Pilotwings though...

Quote Reply

Prev Next