Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sommer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That bike is awesome!! That is cool that Trek integrated that into the paint job.
Last edited by: teddygram: Dec 7, 18 20:17
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [teddygram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have the same logo on my p1 sc frame.
Last edited by: Ksavostin: Dec 8, 18 1:04
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
As a side note how do U find the 808 handlings the front.
Wish I had a jet .... I just have a superglued speed fin under there

The 808 handles fine. No problems. The only issue I have found is where to mount the magnet for my powermeter.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ksavostin wrote:
have the same logo on my p1 sc frame.

Must be a P1 thing.....its a nice touch
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [teddygram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I no this isn't the place to look but if anyone knows of a Gen 2 in a large for sale let me no.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a black large on Facebook Tri-n-Sell it page for $2900.00.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ty. I'll take a look. Hope to find one on ST if possible
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi! Anyone mounted the Speedfil F1 system on their speedconcept and have som pictures to show? I'm tempted by the fact that it can take a lot of fluid and I'm thinking it will be enough for me not having to mount a BTA bottle as well. I have the mono extension bar on my SC with the very narrow and aero wattshop armrests which makes it hard to mount a BTA bottle.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [rililm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rililm wrote:
Hi! Anyone mounted the Speedfil F1 system on their speedconcept and have som pictures to show? I'm tempted by the fact that it can take a lot of fluid and I'm thinking it will be enough for me not having to mount a BTA bottle as well. I have the mono extension bar on my SC with the very narrow and aero wattshop armrests which makes it hard to mount a BTA bottle.
Do you use any spacers to fit wattshop armrest? or you just drilled 3 holes, thats it?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is actually in decal, It is pearl in color which makes it look like paint. Something like that would be difficult to paint in production enviornment. It was added as a character badge to almost all 2019 SC models.

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wattshop delivered the armrest with 4 pre drilled holes to fit the monoextension. When you place the order with wattshop you can choose to have the armrests pre drilled to fit the monoextension. They have done this for me and several other customers.

The standard armrest that I've bought is 200 mm wide. My experience is that it is a very narrow position and in retrospect i would have liked something like a 250 mm custom width, but I'm getting used to the 200mm and it is super aero.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Large listed over in classifieds.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [rililm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rililm wrote:
Wattshop delivered the armrest with 4 pre drilled holes to fit the monoextension. When you place the order with wattshop you can choose to have the armrests pre drilled to fit the monoextension. They have done this for me and several other customers.

The standard armrest that I've bought is 200 mm wide. My experience is that it is a very narrow position and in retrospect i would have liked something like a 250 mm custom width, but I'm getting used to the 200mm and it is super aero.
How stable is it due to the armrest’s surface is flat and trek monopiece aerobar extension is a bit round? Do you feel like it is bouncing left and right?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ttx_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttx_tri wrote:
That is actually in decal, It is pearl in color which makes it look like paint. Something like that would be difficult to paint in production enviornment. It was added as a character badge to almost all 2019 SC models.

Any “secrets” on the 2018 P1s? If not , I guess I’m screwed again. 🙂

Not everything is as it seems -Mr. Miyagi
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [chxddstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The "Icon" Project One bikes were released yesterday in the P1 website

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi I’ve ridden it about 300 km and it is very stable. Not wobbly at all. If you are interested i. Buying 200mm width. I could consider selling mine cause I’m looking for a slightly wider setup.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where I might be able to nab a DI2 compatible rear brake cover for a Gen 1 Speed Concept in the states? Thanks guys!

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [cabdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven’t got access to the Trek B2B system these days, but the part number is 422802. Any Trek dealer should be able to get them if still available. You’ll need a Shimano external/bottle cage mount to take the connector from (to suit the 7970 or etube cabling).

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone on this thread have any advice on where I could find detailed instructions on removing and reinstalling front end components to a new speed concept? Ie monospacer, extensions, stem, etc...
my challenge is the DI2 wiring going to junction mounted to stem.
Wanting to play around with some different options and don’t want to pay mechanic every time I want to make adjustment.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [rself] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have the pdf speed concept manual? I think it’s floating around somewhere. If not I have a copy I could send you or upload. That’s what I followed when I built mine and it worked fine

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can’t find that anywhere... if you have it, please shoot it to rdself@gmail.com
Thaaaaanks so much!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a 2019 Speed Concept. I'm hoping it's not a major pain in the ass for this very un-mechanically inclined rider. I'm also hoping to find a good hard case that will work without requiring too much of the bike to be broken down. This may be the manual you're looking for. http://dump.antropoide.net/...11trek_spconcept.pdf

edit: This may be outdated. If anyone has something that's helpful, please share.
Last edited by: Matthew: Jan 3, 19 17:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Matthew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matthew wrote:
I just bought a 2019 Speed Concept. I'm hoping it's not a major pain in the ass for this very un-mechanically inclined rider. I'm also hoping to find a good hard case that will work without requiring too much of the bike to be broken down. This may be the manual you're looking for. http://dump.antropoide.net/...11trek_spconcept.pdf

edit: This may be outdated. If anyone has something that's helpful, please share.

That's from Gen 1 (2011), the one you want is Gen 2 (2014) which Steve linked to in the post above mine. I build my bike from the frame up with Di2. I found it to go way faster and easier than when I rebuilt my 2009 Cervelo P2 with mechanical. I've since done some changes (switched to a smaller monospacer, will soon be switching to the mono-plug with different extension and different arm cups). It's all been pretty straightforward. Just take your time reading the instructions and making changes. I have yet to pack it into a case for traveling (I always just do races I can drive to). But I have been thinking if I do decide to start going to races that I need to fly to, I'd check out the Premier Bike Case as it's gotten some good reviews in general. Not sure how many Speed Concept owners have used it though

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where I can get the replacement Bontrager aerobatic pads (or something like them) for the gen 2 speed concept? I’ve scoured the internet and only can find the ceegees. Are these the only option? Thanks everybody.

Andrew
Quote Reply

Prev Next