Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The frame is UCI compatible again, so they have less cost ...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ogni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new Shiv is not UCI compatible

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quick question for everyone... I just downsized from a Shiv Medium to a Small frame and I noticed the bladder for the S and XS is smaller... but it seems like my bladder from the Medium frame fits in the Small frame no problem.... is there something I am missing? Why would Specialized make a smaller bladder from the smaller frames when the bigger bladder fits with no issues (and still doesn't bottom out.)

Just curious if there is an issue I am not aware of that I will run into down the road if I use the larger bladder in my smaller frame. Thanks!

Quote | Reply
Anyone know where i can get a fuel cell for my shiv? ive just bought a second hand shiv and it didnt come with the fuel cell. i didnt realise they were discontinued. Doh!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MrTiff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still selling the regular Shiv this year...they're just not shipping until April.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bent two big ring teeth this year, separately, did not hit anything, on a Specialized Pro FACT carbon 52/36 that came with the Shiv. This is the 2012 part. I believe the Spesh inhouse crankset was redesigned in 2013 and the current ones are different....

Anyway, it's time for new chainrings. Looks like a standard 110 BCD, 5 bolt, not hidden bolt. Not sure if this will fit:

https://www.specialized.com/...?color=219824-130931

Does anyone know for sure?

Edit: 110 BCD.
Last edited by: Dilbert: Dec 2, 18 17:04
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MrTiff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can get one here
https://www.amaincycling.com/...e-53214-1000/p558964
(not sure if its allowed to post links to shops etc)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can I get a double-check on Shiv Tri sizing?

I have a 2010 Cervelo P2, size 56, that I'm selling to a friend. So time to get a new bike and I have access to a nice discount on the Shiv.
  • I am 5’ 10" [178 cm], with 34" [86 cm] actual inseam length (Long Legs with a Short Torso).
  • The P2 (56cm) has a 80 mm X +25 deg stem (short & high angle), and is installed with 25 mm of spacers between the HS cap and the stem (max height.
  • Stock Vision base and extension

• Pad X (center of the pad) = 460mm
    • Pad Y (top surface center of the pad) = 670mm
    • Arm pads have the taller spacers (maybe 20 mm tall). I end up with about 70 mm drop from the saddle to the center/top of the pads, based on a 770 cm saddle height
The Specialized sizing shows the 5' 10" height on the bubble between M and L sizes.

• I know these charts are generally just a starting point for sizing.
  • I seem to remember reading elsewhere here,that you generally size down when you are between sizes.

The Cervelo seems to be about in the middle of the Shivs for the most part.
(the chart includes 2 different Pad XY locations I have used for different events.

image.png

Looking purely at the Reach and Stack of the frames, and based on my crazy tall & sort stem on the P2, I think it is best to go with the M Shiv. I think the L Shiv would be too long and require a similarly short stem like the P2.

The M seems to have enough stack and will likely end up with a similar base bar location once I use the stock 90mm X 6* stem. I checked the stem comparison (80mm x 25* on the P2 vs the stock 90mm x 6* on the Shiv) and that is 24mm longer reach. That offsets the 24mm shorter Reach on the M Shiv compared to the P2.

I am looking a confirmation before ordering, as I have to buy without the ability to test fit in person. We don't have any Tri bikes in stock in our area for live sizing and fit checks. Thanks for any guidance you can offer.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Chader09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had no idea they made the Shiv in XS...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The conventional wisdom on the current Shiv is to size down--so Medium in this case for you.

I'm in the opposite boat, I'm 5 11" with a 30" inseam, so I went w/ a Large and it's about right for me. I could have made a Medium work--but this felt better to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Per] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! I really appreciate the size review, and it gives me confidence in my upcoming order.

Cheers :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking for the tilt adjustment blocks for the stack spacers on the shiv bar

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking to update my aerobar setup on my 2017's Shiv Expert. I am currently running the stock hydroformed alloy setup from Specialized. Fit-wise these are fine but they do feel quite heavy (if that makes any sense). My fitter and LBS mechanic suggested moving to Profile Designe's Svet V or R. I understand that over here the TriRig stuff is highly rated but I'd have a hard time getting access to these in Europe. However, I do also understand that my fitter likely recommends what (a) can be adjusted to my position (good) and (b) what he is used to / has on stock (not necessarily good).

So any advice on the Svet? Or the whole idea in general - is it a stupid pursuit? Would I actually save a lot of weight? As mentioned, this is more of a feeling when lifting the front end of my Shiv, than again I am comparing things to Canyon's Ultimate CF SLX so that of course is orders of magnitude lighter/nimbler.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Dembo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have both Versions on a Shiv, one with the Carbon Cockpit and one with the Alu Cockpit and i think the weight does not come from the Cockpit itself but all the aero tubing.
But be assured that weight is much less important then aerodynamics.
The Shiv is a bit on the heavy side but it still wins Races.
I would save the money for other useful upgrades, like elektronic shifting or aerobrakes from TriRig or whatever makes you more aero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the idea - thank you very much for your recommendation. I think I might then consider either stepping up to 80mm from my 50mm rims or saving still further to go Di2.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like most of the Shiv Expert sizes are out of stock...does this mean something new is coming soon?

If so, is it just new colors of same frame or something different in a more mainstream price-range ($14k halo bikes don't count)

Looking to buy a bike with my team discount before the season...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shiv 'Sport owner here with the factory aluminum bars.

I have what I'd consider 'broad' shoulders and chest and have some cramping / flexibility issues trying to get my elbows close together in aero---I'm wondering if this is a case of HTFU/stretching or has anyone made bolt-on modifications to space out the elbow pads a bit---I am willing to sacrifice that bit of Aero as I'm kinda built like a truck anyway. a half-inch on either side would even help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tries with the original cups?
Otherwise you get some versatile ones at Tririg
https://www.tririg.com/store.php?c=parts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Per wrote:
Shiv 'Sport owner here with the factory aluminum bars.

I have what I'd consider 'broad' shoulders and chest and have some cramping / flexibility issues trying to get my elbows close together in aero---I'm wondering if this is a case of HTFU/stretching or has anyone made bolt-on modifications to space out the elbow pads a bit---I am willing to sacrifice that bit of Aero as I'm kinda built like a truck anyway. a half-inch on either side would even help.

Can you post a picture of your setup? The original bars are some of the widest on the market when the clamps are flipped out.

Are you using the sockets or the through clamps?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [GatorRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,
I have read carefully all your threads, as i'm a new shiv owner (Shiv pro 2013 w Ultegra di2 and mavic cxr wheels).
I live actually in France, and am registered to participate to the IM 70.3 in italy in September.
I'm looking for the Fuelcell aero storage, even used, but can't find anywhere (to be delivered in france).
Can someone Help me plz?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Sanchofa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanchofa wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have read carefully all your threads, as i'm a new shiv owner (Shiv pro 2013 w Ultegra di2 and mavic cxr wheels).
I live actually in France, and am registered to participate to the IM 70.3 in italy in September.
I'm looking for the Fuelcell aero storage, even used, but can't find anywhere (to be delivered in france).
Can someone Help me plz?

They have been discontinued by specialized. I'm sorry to inform you. My advice would be to google first, then follow up with a call to the shop to make sure they have it in stock. I'm very disappointed with specialized for discontinuing this item so quickly after the new shiv came out.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your message, Yes and it's even weird why Specialized did it.
I've been looking in Google everywhere, Ebay ... and the only place i could find it is in Specialized Australia, but they are not allowed to ship it abroad.
So back to the start line.
If someone has one to sell, please contact me !
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
does anyone know if it is possible to find the fuelselage frame hole cover? I just misplaced mine...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Sanchofa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone
I managed to get a used fuelcell, but its holder to thé frame is broken. Does anybody have this piece in plastic that i could buy from please ?
Thanks
Quote Reply

Prev Next