Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 51 Speedshop Aerobar! [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The cups being sold separately on the website appear to be different than the ones being sold with the aerobars (4 v. 3 “columns” of holes). Is there a reason?

Both cups have the same shape and pad, but the cups being sold separately on the website will fit on most flat mounting aerobars on the market. Basically, the bolt pattern is different in order to accommodate various bolt sizes and spacing patterns.

Mat Steinmetz

51-SPEEDSHOP.com - instagram - @matsteinmetz - facebook
Quote Reply
Re: New 51 Speedshop Aerobar! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been checking out a set of these. They look pretty cool and I have heard they are comfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: New 51 Speedshop Aerobar! [Mat Steinmetz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mat Steinmetz wrote:
Quote:
The cups being sold separately on the website appear to be different than the ones being sold with the aerobars (4 v. 3 “columns” of holes). Is there a reason?

Both cups have the same shape and pad, but the cups being sold separately on the website will fit on most flat mounting aerobars on the market. Basically, the bolt pattern is different in order to accommodate various bolt sizes and spacing patterns.

Matt, can you run the front brake cable through the stem 'a la tririg'?

Love your bar and might consider it for my old shiv. I think a few photos of clean set ups or possible routing diagrams would be neat on your website.
Quote Reply
Re: New 51 Speedshop Aerobar! [frenchieTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Matt, can you run the front brake cable through the stem 'a la tririg'?

Love your bar and might consider it for my old shiv. I think a few photos of clean set ups or possible routing diagrams would be neat on your website.

Yes, there is an exit for the front brake cable on the center underside of the basebar.

We will have more images once we have more clients installing the bar. You can see how the bar is setup via the installation guide on the website.

Mat Steinmetz

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ANy way to get a base bar only which would fit on bikes like a Felt IA disc or QR PRSix?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Matt, do you have any information on where the base bar positions in relationship to the top center of head tube. Unfortunately, I have to ride around 5 miles in heavy traffic and around potholes to go to my cycling route. I feel far safer on the base bars vs. in pursuit during this segment.
Quote Reply
Re: New 51 Speedshop Aerobar! [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Matt, do you have any information on where the base bar positions in relationship to the top center of head tube. Unfortunately, I have to ride around 5 miles in heavy traffic and around potholes to go to my cycling route. I feel far safer on the base bars vs. in pursuit during this segment.

There is a 20mm drop from center. Then the pursuit position has a 5 deg up tilt with shaping meant to provide a secure and confident grip to aid in handling while riding on the basebar.

Mat Steinmetz

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mat Steinmetz wrote:
Quote:

There is a 20mm drop from center. Then the pursuit position has a 5 deg up tilt with shaping meant to provide a secure and confident grip to aid in handling while riding on the basebar.

I think this is answering the question I was looking for information on. If i compare this to the alpha X system am I correct that the base bar grips will be lower (20mm) than on a straight bar like the Alpha X or is the stem point on the 51SS higher thus ending in the same spot at the bullhorns?

what is the current availability of the 51SS? are you shipping now? if not, when would you anticipate to be fulfilling orders?

thanks
Quote Reply

Prev Next