Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 17 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week: swim MTWThSat, ride once
no Thursday swim. Did ride a whopping 1.5 miles to my office one day.
6 runs for 38.6 miles, one bike for 1.5 miles, four swims for 4750 yds. One full day off.

goals for this week: swim 4x, run like a person trying to get faster. Bike bonus if the weather cooperates - I'm back in Maine!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Monday Ladies!

Thanks for getting us started, Dr. TC. Glad you're back Downeast!

Last weeks goal was recovery and I did pretty well with that. Fun highlights of the week included an aerial yoga class on Friday night and my bike fitting on Thursday. She's *almost* perfect. I'm entirely not used to riding this style of frame, or in serious splayed out aero (I'm waiting to get brave enough to post a "fix my fit" plea, lol), but she's gorgeous and a monster.

This week's goal: TIME TO BUILD!

M- rest!
Tu- 2000yd swim, 7mi run, strength
W- 70min Zwift, 20min run brick
Th- 50min Zwift and 4mi run, plus volunteering at the Smithsonian all day, followed by a cycling club board meeting
F- 2500yd swim, 50min run w/intervals, strength. It's also the neighborhood caroling party! One of my favorite days each year
Sa- 40mi ride
Su- 12mi run with prehab

Team Zoot
Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
2019: IMTX|IM 70.3 OOB| IMMD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik.

What a fun week, Dr_Cupcake.

I did practically nothing after my race and it was glorious -- totals for the week were 4 miles run, 1,000M swum, and 45 minutes of easy cycling on a hotel stationary bike. I'll probably ramp things up a little this week but I'm seriously enjoying the downtime.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I took it easy last week because I had to do Christmas errands almost every day after work. Trip to the craft store here, find photo printer paper and print out pics there, wrap up presents to get in the mail, etc. etc. etc. And I don't even have kids or bother with a tree! haha. I learned Friday that my hard-to-shop-for father-in-law needs a scarf so I am crocheting him a scarf before Christmas. I am making good progress but need to set aside at least one more evening to make it!

I still did three bike rides, two runs, one weights video, a couple of PT sessions, and a bit of yoga. Not too shabby, considering.

Friday is my last day of work for the year and I can hardly contain my excitement. I am looking forward to sleeping in, lingering over coffee in the morning, and NOT working. =) I am also looking forward to getting in a few extra workouts!

Hope you all had a great week and are on to another great week!

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello TC and womens,

Hope you are all well.

My main goal last week was to try and stay healthy, well I managed to not get too ill!! I could still do some gentle sport, so I went to my 10k race to see what I could do. My goals were to run under 1hr, to not get lapped by the fast guys and to not come last. And hey, I met all my goals and came 3rd in my age group, and there were more than 3 in my age group!! However, I do not recommend attempting a 10k race at -2 degrees when your lungs are not healthy. It was really hard! The next 10k of the series is in 5 weeks, so I'm hoping I can be a bit more prepared for the next one.

Goals for this week: run x7(2 done) (yes, I've entered the 100/100), bike x4 (2done) and swim x2

have a lovely week
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dr TC, thanks for getting us started! Hurray for being in Maine; I was reading about Maine lobster the other day - it sounds great.
Anna - congrats on the podium.
Hope everyone else is having a good week.

I had no real goals for last week since I was coming back from illness. I landed up with 3 trainer rides, 4 short runs (1 very short because I had to go save my husband who had locked himself out) and one atrocious feeling swim.

This week goals are: XC ski in Lake Louise (done! My hip flexors hate me); swim x 2 (one done); trainer x 3; run x 2.

I've entered the 100/100 run challenge with the goal of getting to 50 runs which is good enough for me.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 17 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hurray for being in Maine; I was reading about Maine lobster the other day - it sounds great.

I've heard that! I'm a vegetarian - I did have 3 lobster traps of my own one summer that I lived on the coast in college. I really enjoyed hauling the traps and catching the lobster.

Glad you're feeling better.

I joined the 100/100 solely because the ST newsletter said there are prizes this year!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 17 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
volunteering at the Smithsonian all day

special event of some sort?

Congrats on the new bike!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 17 Edition [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
However, I do not recommend attempting a 10k race at -2 degrees when your lungs are not healthy. It was really hard!

Glad you didn't get too ill and congrats on the AG place.
Do you have a face shield thingie? I don't know what they're really called but there are things that cover your mouth but have tiny holes so the air you breathe in is a tiny bit warmer, or something, I think. LOL.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

And this is a regular stint for me. I volunteer in the butterfly pavilion at the Natural History Museum. At least once a month during museum hours!

Team Zoot
Tailwind Trailblazer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
However, I do not recommend attempting a 10k race at -2 degrees when your lungs are not healthy. It was really hard!

Do you have a face shield thingie? I don't know what they're really called but there are things that cover your mouth but have tiny holes so the air you breathe in is a tiny bit warmer, or something, I think. LOL.

Balaclava!!

And congrats on your AG!

Team Zoot
Tailwind Trailblazer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Balaclava!!

not to be confused with baklava, also good for faces ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
Balaclava!!

One you put on, one you put IN ;)

Team Zoot
Tailwind Trailblazer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
Balaclava!!

One you put on, one you put IN ;)

I wouldn't say no to some baklava!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Glad you didn't get too ill and congrats on the AG place.

I do have a balaclava for the really cold weather, for these temps I use my Buff tubular thingy.

Thanks for the congrats womens. Although tbh, I mentioned my 3rd place rather out of astonishment than achievement. There were some phenomenal female runners participating last Saturday, like the 52yr old who ran a 42:09 and the 60yr old who ran 44:46. I actually feel like a phony with my 3rd place 57:14 (45-49 AG) and it looks like, if I can stay healthy, I'll be 3rd AG in the whole series.The good part in all this is I'm now really motivated to improve my 10k time.

Also, with the 10k being done on the first day of the 100/100 challenge, it'll be interesting to monitor any improvements through the consistent running.

I entered the 100/100 challenge after I saw your name on the list! The thought process was:"If even TC is participating this year, then I'll put another womens' name on the list!!"

Scheherazade - aiming for 50 is a great idea!
Last edited by: Anna s: Dec 19, 18 22:55
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 17 Edition [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I entered the 100/100 challenge after I saw your name on the list! The thought process was:"If even TC is participating this year, then I'll put another womens' name on the list!!"

I'm not kidding about participating for the prizes - I don't plan to alter my run schedule just for the purpose of moving up the charts. If I start that I'll get obsessive compulsive about it and then get hurt. I just figure some of the prizes will probably be random drawings and I'm running anyway. Shamelessly motivated by prizes over here...

Quote Reply