Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SLF Motion goes carbon!
Quote | Reply
SLF hinted toward a new product launch on Instagram recently.

Here it is!

https://www.slfmotion.com/

https://www.slfmotion.com/pages/news

Check out all the different color wheels.

That is super cool! Blake has improved his 1st gen oversize pulley wheels.

Here is the new pulley wheels.

Oversize Hyper Speed System– The new Version2.0 Hyper Speed System has been re-designed from the ground up due to further testing and customer feedback. An overall weight reduction of up to 15% (model dependent) was achieved by utilizing 100% USA made carbon fiber cages all the while become stiffer and more durable as well. The new V2 Hyper Speed System also now offers multiple spring tension settings and features improved bearing performance as well. Lastly, the entire V2 Hyper Speed System lineup will utilize the same wheel size combination of 14T/18T, a decision based upon the ideal combination of reduced friction, ease of installation/setup, and repeatable precise shifting. All V2 Hyper Speed Systems are now compatible with up to 32T cassettes (some up to 34T).

Trade-In/Trade-Up- Customers looking to buy the latest SLF Motion products can take part in the company’s new Trade-In/Trade-Up program. SLF Motion wanted to figure out a way to thank their loyal customers by offering them a more affordable way to upgrade to the newest offerings. Send in a used set of Hyper Pulley Wheels and receive an $80 credit towards a new set of Hyper Pulley Wheels, a Midsize Hyper Crit System, or an Oversize Hyper Speed System. Send in a used V1 Hyper Speed System and receive a $175 credit towards a new Midsize Hyper Crit System or a V2 Oversize Hyper Speed System.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Dec 13, 18 22:44
Quote Reply
Re: SLF Motion goes carbon! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This sport can be depressingly expensive
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trying to figure out the trade in program. Since it is pre-order only now, do I have to send in my current V1 system in and wait till February to get the new system, or will Blake be issuing a credit once the we receive the new system and send the old one back?

Maybe Bryan or Blake and confirm this...

Either way, big fan of what Blake has done with SLF and is topnotch when it comes to customer service and quality of product (speaking as a multiple repeat customer)!
Last edited by: DashLash: Dec 14, 18 5:25
Quote Reply
Re: SLF Motion goes carbon! [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:

It can be. But this is pure fashion. I have nothing against blinging-out a bike. But that's all this does.
Quote Reply
Re: SLF Motion goes carbon! [DashLash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the support man, you know that I really do appreciate it! So maybe one of my downfalls is not putting out great information along with the launch of a new website/products haha...I'm learning :-). Shoot me an email at info@slfmotion.com and I'll better explain what I'm thinking as far as procedure goes for this program.

Thanks!
Blake

DashLash wrote:
Trying to figure out the trade in program. Since it is pre-order only now, do I have to send in my current V1 system in and wait till February to get the new system, or will Blake be issuing a credit once the we receive the new system and send the old one back?

Maybe Bryan or Blake and confirm this...

Either way, big fan of what Blake has done with SLF and is topnotch when it comes to customer service and quality of product (speaking as a multiple repeat customer)!

http://www.slfmotion.com
Instagram - @SLFMotion
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are pretty awesome! Biggest change that I am super pumped about is the will accept up to a 34t cog
Quote Reply
Re: SLF Motion goes carbon! [jaja518] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there any data with watt savings? I know CS had their own tests but wanted to see if SLF also had promising savings.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought the point of SLF Motion was that they had metal cages? So basically Triathlon is like everywhere else, copycat league.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: SLF Motion goes carbon! [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
I thought the point of SLF Motion was that they had metal cages? So basically Triathlon is like everywhere else, copycat league.

indeed that's one item the fans definitely pointed out as their preference over say.. ceramicspeed.
Quote Reply
Re: SLF Motion goes carbon! [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like another product just came out

https://www.slfmotion.com/pages/news

First to industry with 1X mountain bike and gravel oversized pulleys.

I don’t have a mountain bike but I wonder with gravel becoming more popular would anyone put this on their bike?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: SLF Motion goes carbon! [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:

somehow i'm riding with the standard cage and pulleys that came with my derailleur, yet managing to remain a triathlete. further, the existence of aftermarket pulleys is not weighing on me. in fact, after i write this post i doubt replacement pulleys will cross my mind for quite some time.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I personally would not. I would need to see a comparison of the SLF cage to a stock cage, but I assume the SLF is longer and hangs closer to the ground. I’ve banged my long cage stock derailleur on rocks riding off road. This just seems too susceptible to damage.

Similar thoughts for cross racing. Unless it helps to shed mud more easily?

In the off road sports, I feel that chain friction is such a minimally important amount of drag that needs to be overcome.

All that said, I think they look very sexy and appreciate the worksmanship.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply