Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where to Run in Longmont?
Quote | Reply
Hey all - I will be in Longmont this weekend visiting family (and traveling with mine). I'm plan to do a couple of runs from my hotel off 119 on the southwest corner of Longmont. Unfortunately, I won't have a car or time to drive anywhere interesting. I have an hour of hill repeats on Sat and 90min easy run on Sunday. Looking for recommendations, especially someplace where I can jog to a hill for Saturday. Thank you!

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Last edited by: ericlambi: Dec 12, 18 17:17
Quote Reply
Re: Where to Run in Longmont? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not many hills in that immediate spot- go drink beer at lefthand instead
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For hills you can head to Niwot, take the Lobo trail to 79th or 95th street south. Long run could be the same, or head west on Clover Basin until it becomes Pike, great network of dirt roads and paths.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dry Creek Community Park has a steep dirt hill you can do.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Golden ponds Park. Not sure about hills... But, it's a nice area for running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The shortest route to any hills would probably be straight up Hover/95th to Longs Peak Ave. Then the hill that goes up toward Sunset Pool would probably suffice.

For a longer run that’s mostly dirt, the LoBo Trail to 83rd, then cross over the Diagonal to Oxford....run west on Oxford/Nimbus until you have to turn around. It’ll be flat unless you’re able to get to 63rd on Oxford....then it’ll get tougher.

The bottom left-ish part of the map from my ride on Monday is the portion I’m talking about for Sunday.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2010760448

Last edited by: darkhorsetri: Dec 13, 18 7:12
Quote Reply
Re: Where to Run in Longmont? [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, thanks for the replies all, very helpful.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd try and get an Uber to Heil or Hall ranch and run there. No shortage of hills and the scenery will be great.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to Run in Longmont? [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey - one more question, sorry. I think I'm going to do this run along LOBO->Oxford, etc. What is the earliest I could do this without lights? Ideally I'd be hitting the pavement around 6, seems like it might be too dark.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My cousin owns Abos in Niwot, Longmont, and N. Boulder. Get a slice. Great pizza....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in Boulder and wake up every day at 6. Unfortunately it's still pretty dark at 6, but by 6:45 some light is starting to come out.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First light is about 6:40 right now...so 6 may be a bit early since that area isn’t lit up. But the first 5-10mins of the run would likely be lit up by streetlights.