Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Indoor program with apple tv
Quote | Reply
I have been a long time zwift user but I am looking for a change. I have a smart trainer hooked into my apple tv.
I have tried all Rouvy, Fulgaz and Zwift. But can't seem to settle.

Zwift is probably the best all round platform(and most expensive)
Fulgaz is a nice change up but you don't have the training option.
Rouvy is a nice combo but doesn't have apple tv and seemed really glitchy when I used it. The feed would always freeze but it does have the training platform.

Is there any others? Is Virtugo worth a look?
Quote Reply
Re: Best Indoor program with apple tv [Skipp80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't used VirtuGO in a while but it's very "beta" and I'm pretty sure it's not available on AppleTV. Road Grand Tours is coming along nicely but it's only available in Windows and OS X. TrainerRoad is obviously worth checking out and is available on Windows, OS X, Android, and iOS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rouvy has a mac client, so you can Airplay the display to your Apple TV (assuming you have a mac). I'm interested in doing multirider on the same display, which their mac client supports (from what the Rouvy support folks have told me), so that's going to be my first choice I think.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Indoor program with apple tv [chrisesposito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisesposito wrote:
Rouvy has a mac client, so you can Airplay the display to your Apple TV (assuming you have a mac). I'm interested in doing multirider on the same display, which their mac client supports (from what the Rouvy support folks have told me), so that's going to be my first choice I think.

I just finished the 2 week trial period with Rouvy,. It has some nice features like better metrics than zwift & training programs are similar to TR. But in airplay mode is always freezes (might need a new ipad)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Airplay will freeze up on just about any of them.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skipp80 wrote:
chrisesposito wrote:

I just finished the 2 week trial period with Rouvy,. It has some nice features like better metrics than zwift & training programs are similar to TR. But in airplay mode is always freezes (might need a new ipad)

Just a quick thought - have you tried to download the video before you ride? Airplay and the video download will both share the WiFi bandwidth, so that can be a bottleneck.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not exactly what you're asking for, but another option would be to run an app on your iPhone or iPad and airplay it to the Apple TV. That would broaden the options available as you'd be able to use any app that exists for iOS devices. YMMV
Quote Reply
Re: Best Indoor program with apple tv [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never had a problem with Rouvy freezing freezing up airplaying from my iphone/pad to appleTV 3. 50 mpbs connection from comcast and 300mpbs internally.
I'm running on android now, mirroring the phone to an amazon fire stick and that works pretty well, too. Just a 1-2 sec lag, that isn't too bad considering the smart trainer lag.

Downloading the routes on android works well when your bandwidth is limited.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Indoor program with apple tv [Khilgendorf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
was sufferfest a contender as well? i feel like their weights/stretching/yoga might have some value also.
I currently use rouvy and it does most of what i want. i concur with downloading a few favorite videos as a way to lessen glitches.
sincerely, rick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This doesn't require any SW at all.

Interval Design Studio
YouTube | SoundCloud
Quote Reply