Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another Lionel victim!
Quote | Reply
Well it finally happened. I had to admit to myself I'm actually a Lionel fan.I've somehow gone from I can't stand the guy to I see the appeal to being a closet Lionel fan. Now this.....
Sigh
Quote Reply
Re: Another Lionel victim! [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s about time! I knew he’d grow on you. Takes a lot to admit it, very proud of you and welcome to the club. Before you know it you’ll be wearing a Lionel kit ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Another Lionel victim! [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Baby steps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So glad you started a new thread about Lionel.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You going to buy a Canyon ?
Quote Reply
Re: Another Lionel victim! [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No,
Unless I can't find the Speed concept I want.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I question the dedication of lionel fans here. it's been almost 2 days since he accepted his slot to Nice and there are 0 threads about how he will become a mountain goat, or how he will catch up to the norwegians after the swim, or how all of a sudden, the 12m draft zone is not worthy of protest.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Another Lionel victim! [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriguyBlue wrote:

I’ll have to limit myself to Freshii!
Quote Reply
Re: Another Lionel victim! [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:

It's a prerequisite to joining the LS fan club. /pink?
Quote Reply
Re: Another Lionel victim! [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I seem to recall Sebi racing on his road bike for Cannes. Is Nice just as hilly? Maybe draft zone is less important on a tougher course.

Either way I think Lionel wants to flog himself like he did a few years ago. 70.3 Worlds might force him to dig deep.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Well it finally happened. I had to admit to myself I'm actually a Lionel fan.I've somehow gone from I can't stand the guy to I see the appeal to being a closet Lionel fan. Now this.....
Sigh

I don't understand what characteristics of the man could warrant such a perspective. What's your feeling on Starykowicz?

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Another Lionel victim! [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CyclingClyde wrote:
PJC wrote:

It's a prerequisite to joining the LS fan club. /pink?

The first rule about Sanders Club is to start a thread about Sanders hourly.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Lionel victim! [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ask77nl wrote:
TriguyBlue wrote:

I’ll have to limit myself to Freshii!

Funny, I am a big fan, but also as a Canadian a pretty big critic.

Having said that, as a direct by product of LS being sponsored I am following freshii on the TSX.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Another Lionel victim! [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cannes is a bit hillier than the 70.3 in Nice, but I think Sebi took the road bike mainly because he could bomb the descents which are a bit more technical in Cannes compared to Nice, this is going to be really tough on Lionel if he does end up going to worlds !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good job you started another thread, the front page was looking bare with all the non-Sanders threads. Make sure you lube up for your next vlog watch.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Lionel victim! [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Sigh

I don't understand what characteristics of the man could warrant such a perspective. What's your feeling on Starykowicz?

I don't dislike him, but maybe it's because he wastes his talent by over-training and making stupid decisions that make some hate him.

I do expect that he'll be a non-factor in Nice though, he'll lose too much in the swim. I don't think he can run a 1:06 either, so he will need to take 10 minutes out of the group on the bike if he is going to win it. That seems unlikely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Sigh

Felt like he was waisting his talent going at it alone. But his story is pretty wild.

As for Stark I haven't ever followed him
You guys make it sound like his ego is pretty obnoxious so I just avoid him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All you fanboys need to just get a room with Lionel and stop starting new threads
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Sigh

Everyone's a Lionel fan. Some just repress their feelings more than others. Repressing your feelings isn't healthy, it causes stress and anxiety.

Good to see that you've made the first steps on your road to recovery. Now, make at least 2 posts per day about Lionel, embrace the slow-motion montage on Talbot's videos, and you'll get there...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
domingjm wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Sigh

Felt like he was waisting his talent going at it alone. But his story is pretty wild.

As for Stark I haven't ever followed him
You guys make it sound like his ego is pretty obnoxious so I just avoid him.

That's the best course of action. He's obscenely abrasive.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He seems pretty funny in interviews. I feel like his interviewers (like the real starkey back in the day) baited him to say outlandish stuff to create a larger than life character. That was funny and got a lot of attention but in the end its a lot of persona to live up to consistently funnily while pushing the obnoxious boundary. Overall he seems pretty good for the sport.

He's been through a lot with all those high speed bike crashes, his son going through intensive care, LA helping him out if the Bahrain jail.... it's just good that made it through and keeps wurf honest up front
Quote Reply
Re: Another Lionel victim! [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
He seems pretty funny in interviews. I feel like his interviewers (like the real starkey back in the day) baited him to say outlandish stuff to create a larger than life character. That was funny and got a lot of attention but in the end its a lot of persona to live up to consistently funnily while pushing the obnoxious boundary. Overall he seems pretty good for the sport.

He's been through a lot with all those high speed bike crashes, his son going through intensive care, LA helping him out if the Bahrain jail.... it's just good that made it through and keeps wurf honest up front

I agree that he's had some shit luck. But I've seen more than a handful of his interviews and he never came across as even mildly humorous to me. Narcissistic and obnoxious? Yes. Funny? I don't see it. But I'm also a scientist and we don't have a sense of humor.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be happy you're not a psychologist.
Can you imagine how they feel when they come on slowtwitch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow...

this thread went off topic from lionel and became a starky thread. That's gotta be a new record.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply