Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
zedzded wrote:

pretty much.. GPS watches are cheap = no excuse.

He ran with a GPS watch and used it for pacing, but never saved the activity. Apparently...
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
spntrxi wrote:
zedzded wrote:

pretty much.. GPS watches are cheap = no excuse.

He ran with a GPS watch and used it for pacing, but never saved the activity. Apparently...

oh he's got the data somewhere then... it may not be strava or it's super private but it's somewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Talk about Mob mentality!!

Guys give him the benefit of the doubt!!

Haven’t you ever run a 9 minute plus pace then finished the second half with sub 6 minute pace??!!
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [trifreemc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trifreemc wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:
I'm mid 30's and it still baffles me, how to manipulate an post workout garmin file, but I guess I'm very non-tech savy with stuff like that.

ETA: Like how to make sure you covered every detail of the new corrupted file so that it's a seamless no questions asks new workout file, is above my pay grade.

Apparently she's very non-tech savvy too given how she tried to "manipulate" this. :-)

ha ha yeah the clumsiest photoshop effort I've seen.

I did try and edit a GPX file once as it didn't record the activity as a multisport, but it was nigh on impossible. So I gave up. Probably a good thing, it's difficult.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More on Anita. Always Bizarre.

https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2018/12/anita-carcone-interview-yields-some-answers-but-raises-additional-question.html

http://www.marathoninvestigation.com
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Derek M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jesus. Who the fuck is bill?

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I had an intern who ran her own business. I'm talking a biz that made shark tank and had 4 of the 5 shark's bidding against each other to work with her for over an I believe $2mil investment.

She told me something really interesting. When she started her business she created a fake email/person who would answer all "complaints" to her business. She told me she did this because she didn't want to interact with "negative" comments to customers or get into an heated discussion and it look bad on her. So she would be the one respond but as "Tori from accounting" so that it was kinda a buffer so that she could deal with issues but not get into anything that created more issues as the president/owner of the company.

I thought it was crazy but kinda brilliant at the same time.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like you are giving her every opportunity to come clean and explain herself, but of course all the details we know, show it did not happen the way you have prompted her. That is the real problem, isn't it, that she just dug the hole deeper and deeper as this went along, so an "honest" mistake is not really a possibility anymore?

And this Bill guy needs to be outed, he is basically as bad as she was for cutting the course and trying to get away with it. A complete accessory to the crime, and should be subject to all the penalties...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlyraD wrote:
jesus. Who the fuck is bill?

Just some lonesome cowboy

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sociopaths gonna sociopath

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Based on comments to articles/threads on other sites about this whole debacle, it's somebody named or at least who posts by the name Bill Wilkey...
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's your double letters

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
multiple personality disorder??

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It doesn't do any good to throw a life vest to someone intent on drowning. She's a total whack job, and so is "Bill".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Derek M wrote:
More on Anita. Always Bizarre.

https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2018/12/anita-carcone-interview-yields-some-answers-but-raises-additional-question.html

Derek,
Be careful. One of these days, some whack job is going to look to even the score.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Derek,
Be careful. One of these days, some whack job is going to look to even the score.

I don't think he will have any issues with the actual cheaters, most are probably cowards as well, seems like the traits go together. But since a lot of those folks are women, many who are easy on the eyes, I could see a weak minded fan/partner getting so upset, that he would take it to a stupid level. If this Bill guy is as tough as his fence courage portrays, he might pay someone to hit Derek....
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Phil wrote:
Based on comments to articles/threads on other sites about this whole debacle, it's somebody named or at least who posts by the name Bill Wilkey...

Anita Carone is or was a substitute teacher. If that name is correct, and some of the other comments say he is a teacher too, then damn. Oh, look at this LinkedIn page, he can't even spell teacher. https://www.linkedin.com/...key-wilkey-877417aa/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After listening to the podcast I almost feel worried for Anita. If Bill truly is the writer of the "rebuttal" that originally garnered so much attention, she needs to distance herself from this guy ASAP. That was one of the most irrational things I have ever heard.
Quote Reply

Prev Next