Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Critique my bike fit
Quote | Reply
keen to get some perspective on my bike fit. I’m usually in the top 30% of the field but have been experiencing some lower back / upper glute discomfort.

Thanks!

https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/...8wupst6gvi-large.jpg
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit [JB78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seats too high...
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree too high
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seat needs to come down by a good amount. Knee angle is about 155. Aim for somewhere between 140-150 degrees but since you already have issues I'll try the lower end of that range. So drop your seat about 2cm and go from there.

JB78 wrote:
keen to get some perspective on my bike fit. I’m usually in the top 30% of the field but have been experiencing some lower back / upper glute discomfort.

Thanks!

https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/...8wupst6gvi-large.jpg

What's your CdA?
Last edited by: trailerhouse: Dec 10, 18 2:35
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed - seat needs to drop 15-20 mm or so. And the cockpit should drop about the same and maybe 5 mm more. That's going to get you off the High-V.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
Agreed - seat needs to drop 15-20 mm or so. And the cockpit should drop about the same and maybe 5 mm more. That's going to get you off the High-V.

On top of what these guys are saying getting a seat that let's you roll your hips more would take some of the stress off the low back (not so much arching).
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aren't we overlooking the obvious that he's on a bike that's too small??

trentnix wrote:

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lots of red flags here... you really need to start over. I'd see a good fitter.

Your bike is probably one size too small, especially when your saddle comes down and you lose the high-V mount.

What saddle are you on?

Can you lower your head and ride comfortably?

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a size smaller than I'd prefer, but not too small. It can work.

Trent Nix
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks this is useful!
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
trentnix wrote:

On top of what these guys are saying getting a seat that let's you roll your hips more would take some of the stress off the low back (not so much arching).

Thanks! I have a 10mm tiled spacer under the arm cups I could remove.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

Your bike is probably one size too small, especially when your saddle comes down and you lose the high-V mount.

What saddle are you on?

Thanks! Saddle is the ISM Prologue... slammed as far forward as possible.

Yeah I could ‘turtleneck’ more if I didn’t have the nagging pain in my RHS lower back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JB78 wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

What saddle are you on?

Thanks! Saddle is the ISM Prologue... slammed as far forward as possible.

Yeah I could ‘turtleneck’ more if I didn’t have the nagging pain in my RHS lower back.

if that's the case you're on the wrong saddle, or sitting wrongly on the right one. Anyway ,I'd really just start over... your position is so tweaked that you're not inside the box anymore where small incremental changes and advice would be helpful.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

trentnix wrote:

Thanks. I’m 6”3’ and a 56cm frame.

I’ve previously had a 58cm P2C but felt way to stretched.

Even with this frame I have to slam to seat as far forward as possible to get remotely comfortable.

What do you observe as the indicators that the frame is too small?

Cheers

JB
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the massive amount of spacers

JB78 wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

trentnix wrote:

Even with this frame I have to slam to seat as far forward as possible to get remotely comfortable.

Cheers

JB

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JB78 wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

trentnix wrote:

Cheers

JB
The P2C and P5 have dissimilar geometries. It's why buying by size is, almost certainly, a good way to buy the wrong size. In a perfect world, you get a good fit and then buy based on fit coordinates.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Before you go nuts with changes, it would be wise to submit for review a video on a trainer rather than rely on a single photo. Hopefully you've seen enough of these threads to know the drill on video setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a couple points before you sell your frame for a bigger one...

I would just drop the saddle first without changing anything else and see how that feels. That should remove some pressure on the lower back immediately. If you feel the need to drop the front end -
  • You said you had 10mm of spacer under the arm pads which you could remove.
  • It also looks like to have a top cap / spacer under the stem - remove this, the Aduro bar does not require a top cap. That will give you a few mm more drop (and remove those visually annoying gaps between the stem and top tube and between the beard and brake covers! In fact do this anyway...).

• Last edited by: SAvan: Dec 11, 18 6:15
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Nothing much to add, but looks like a nice day on Beach Road...
    Was the swim or T1 a bit long? Lot of +30 min swims!
    Quote Reply