Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

anything similar to normatech just cheaper?
Quote | Reply

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: anything similar to normatech just cheaper? [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:

There is a very good thread on here which runs through how many of the mid price range options are just re-branded with a sports logo instead of a medical logo and then the price is inflated a few hundred percent!

My question is also does anyone know of some of the cheaper options that can ship to Australia??!! I can't order them through Amazon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sitting back with your feet up on a chair wearing Nike football socks with compression zones... 10 euro value
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We just got the Air Relax system, seems to work fine. Lacks the battery operation of the Normatech and some other bells and whistles but seems to get generally good reviews.
Quote Reply
Re: anything similar to normatech just cheaper? [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AirRelax. Search for the thread by Thomas Gerlach.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Air Relax....we've had them over a year and they work great! I'm sitting in them right now after my 6 hour bike:) Well worth the money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes there are a few of players in this space. I did the following quick comparison of Normatec vs Air Relax a couple years back. Be aware Air Relax only sells the smallest version on Amazon, the majority of us need the two larger sizes so you need to order direct form Air Relax. I do have a $20 coupon off a set of Air Relax if you go that direction. Basically gets you to a $400 price point.

Rapid Reboot does some heavy promotion at the expos with some nice packaging and the signature Normatec color ie. black legs. They are basically a rebrand, import, and big markup of Dr. Life LX7 boots. The following is a link to a set of Dr Life LX7 on eBay $255 but notice the 220-240v. In general you can save some money by importing boots by yourself but be aware of voltages. Best to buy a US voltage. Rapdi Reboot did put some money into things like the color, design, packaging, and hidden hoses that is definitely worth something. Rapid Reboot also has an all inclusive package including system, legs, arms, hips, and case for $1500. I have sets of arms, hips, waists, shorts for the various units and IME you are probably going to spend the majority of the time in boots, then hips/shorts, then arms. Regardless it seems the best price for Rapid is always with haggling with the reps on site to purchase their slightly used demo boots.

There are other systems including Elevated Legs, RecoveryPump, but I feel you best best on the top-end is going to be Normatec. You want to get the less expensive route go Air Relax.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
another air relax user here. fantastic product. works well. ive used a normatech unit at a recovery place up in the woodlands in texas and really the air relax does the same basic thing at half the cost.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: anything similar to normatech just cheaper? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas, just purchased the Air Relax for my daughter who run's cross-country and track at a D1 school for Christmas. She uses the Normatec at school all the time and after reading your review went with the Air Relax with your discount code. Thank you!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
proper progressive overload and recovery

surfNJmatt wrote:

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: anything similar to normatech just cheaper? [tri3ba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: anything similar to normatech just cheaper? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
Sitting back with your feet up on a chair wearing Nike football socks with compression zones... 10 euro value

I had ITU Olympian stay at my house and did similar. Feet on wall while playing video games on his back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI. In case anyone was interested. I was looking to get a quality version without paying the huge premium for Normatec. I bought the Speed Hound recovery system, which really looks and feels very similar to Normatec. I think the only thing that it really doesn't have is the battery pack. but since I rarely travel with it, that wasn't a huge priority. It has multiple settings and times like the Normatec for about half the price.
Quote Reply
Re: anything similar to normatech just cheaper? [steve25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about medical boots which are not the whole leg? Would they be just as good?
Most of my injuries are lower leg anyway, so I'd be fine with boots that are only lower leg.

This is an example:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Electric-Massager-Compression-Massage-Intensity/dp/B07874VYWG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_sims?ie=UTF8

obs: I live in the UK, so I need things that are available for purchase here. Unfortunately Air Relax are much more expensive here, although Doctor Lifes are available here for 330ÂŁ ish.
Quote Reply
Re: anything similar to normatech just cheaper? [steve25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
steve25 wrote:
FYI. In case anyone was interested. I was looking to get a quality version without paying the huge premium for Normatec. I bought the Speed Hound recovery system, which really looks and feels very similar to Normatec. I think the only thing that it really doesn't have is the battery pack. but since I rarely travel with it, that wasn't a huge priority. It has multiple settings and times like the Normatec for about half the price.

I have been testing the Speed Hound recovery system for a bit. I do have some questions for the owner and will connect with him at some point, maybe even this week. My one big concern with these is how narrow the boots are. I know they ship with extenders but from a usability/customer understanding stand point I don't like that the average person may have to use an extender. I think it is better to make wider boots. Any comments from you about that? I am a skinny triathlete but a thicker triathlete. Based on your profile picture it looks like you might be a very skinny triathlete.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply