Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking to improve my swim
Quote | Reply
I completed a an Olympic distance triathlon back in 2016 and my swim pace was 1:47/100m (wetsuit). Work has prevented me from both racing and steady training since then until very recently. I registered for a race in mid January and have been swimming 3 times a week for the past month. I am doing 1000-1500m per session usually in 100m or 200m sets. Whilst I feel comfortable I don’t feel I can swim any faster than the 2:10ish/100m pace I’m at right now without some serious technique correction. I’m probably can’t afford to get some coaching until after my next race. Is there anything I can do myself to increase my pace / efficiency? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking to improve my swim [Fletch_boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fletch_boy wrote:
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Have someone take your video and spend a little to have someone analyze it. Or make friends with someone that knows a lot about swimming.

The challenge is, it is helpful to see what you’re doing before you can make corrections. Once you can visualize what you’re doing incorrectly, it’s easier to correct.

It’s still an expense but I have gained a ton from being part of a masters team.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To answer your exact question... Swim more, swim harder.

Best bang for buck without getting coaching will be usrpt sets of 100s. See the urspt thread that's here on the forum right now.

I'm seeing improvment on the order of 2s/100y per week right now doing almost entirely usrpt sets.

If you've only got 5 weeks to race day... Swim hard, lots.
Quote Reply