Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Interbike 2019 Canceled Edit: Maybe Delete this thread to consolidate the topic?
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Emerald Expositions has canceled the 2019 edition of the Interbike trade show, saying the event might return in a more modest format in 2020.

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/...RtuvwJU#.XAp_a6fMzRZ
Last edited by: GreenPlease: Dec 7, 18 7:07
Quote Reply
Re: Interbike 2019 Canceled :o [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crazy. What does that say about retail in general? Does everyone just watch intros/reviews/infomercials on YouTube?

I was talking to one of the marketing guys at Niner. He said it was better for them to fly people in and spend a couple days riding bikes with the 30-40 people that really matter, rather than going to trade shows. This probably works if you are a medium to larger company, but good luck if you are small. If you are in a position to actual sell these products you are going to have someone who spends a lot of time getting wined and dined (maybe not the worst thing).

Man the world changes quickly
Quote Reply
Re: Interbike 2019 Canceled :o [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It certainly “feels” like something has finally broken in the last six months and now the fallout is upon us. I suspect there were just too many brands for too few consumers and now the industry is consolidating on many fronts.
Quote Reply
Re: Interbike 2019 Canceled :o [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess we needed a fifth thread on this???

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Interbike 2019 Canceled :o [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they all hit around the same time. I’m going to edit the title in hopes a mod will consolidate.
Quote Reply
Re: Interbike 2019 Canceled :o [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I guess we needed a fifth thread on this???

Maybe a "Lionel won't be at interbike" thread ?
Quote Reply