Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [Aaronr312] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the original length of cable/housing that is already on the bike sufficient, or did you need a new length of cable/housing to route it this way?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [FlyOH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to buy new cable housing. I will say some of this seems to be brake lever dependent as well. I had a profile design carbon set (don't remember the exact name, but not the stock ones on the bike) and they were kind of mushy so I switch to DA levers and it was significantly better. Additionally, I also live in Florida and rarely go screaming downhill so stopping power needed is relative. I raced IM 70.3 Augusta without any issues on downhills.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [dl1340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same bike and looking back at what I did I would recommend the cockpit next for you and then the omega brakes.

I went with a Zipp Vuka Stealth bar so I could hide all the wires and junction box which cleans it up perfectly. The TriRig bar gets a lot of praise here and I'm sure it's great but twice the costs and Zipp looks better in my opinion. Someone has a Vuka Stealth listed on the classifieds right now I think. It's pretty adjustable so you'll be able to get into whatever position you need. At that point you'll have one of the fastest setups and all that will be left is to just do the work.

If you want any pics just PM your email or phone and I can email/text them to you.

All the best!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [mbecks2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I treated myself to TriRig alpha x aerobars and omega x brakes for Black Friday. I’ve never done too much work on my own bike, but have a mechanical background and a need for a new hobby. I figured I would just re-route the rear brake cable as I do the other work, so I was just wondering if I could use the existing cabling/housing. I have di2, so I know I can use all of that same wiring.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [FlyOH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No longer have it, but I did this on my old NP2...

Either get new housing and loop it inside the frame - there is plenty of space behind the head tube for a substantial loop. If you want to reuse the housing you should remove the grommet so you can have more of a straight shot - but then you'll want to do something to protect the housing from rubbing the sides of the hole (and then id suggest modifying a PD/Torhans bento to sit flush behind the stem and cover it all up).

EDIT: If you have di2 you probably have the DA levers? If so, those are a MAJOR upgrade over the PD levers that come on a NP2
Last edited by: JASpencer: Dec 7, 18 7:31
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah definitely the DA levers, night and day difference. Didn't realize this post was old someone awoke it and I didn't follow that part. Appreciate the reply.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [mbecks2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here’s a quick post of a recent upgrade on the front end of my P2. PD aeria stem (100m to hide the SRAM Force AXS blipbop) w/TR front brake and aero routed rear brake cable...I’ll be sure to post a final build of this to a 1x system soon.

https://drive.google.com/...bN/view?usp=drivesdk
Last edited by: nfleech: Jan 22, 20 4:36
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [nfleech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone ever figured out a different way to route the rear brake cable at the front of the bike? I *hate* having it go on the side, and now that I have 3t aduro bars I'm wondering if I can shoot the brake cable through them down the top tube then out the back

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [palmtrees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put mine through the center hole and out the back.

To seal the opening I just filled it with RTV.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [palmtrees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
palmtrees wrote:
Has anyone ever figured out a different way to route the rear brake cable at the front of the bike? I *hate* having it go on the side, and now that I have 3t aduro bars I'm wondering if I can shoot the brake cable through them down the top tube then out the back

Yeah, I hear you brother. I just built my bike up (Alpha One), and ran into that conundrum. It's clear from other people's pictures that plenty of people have routed the rear brake through the topside cable port. In my case it'd require drilling out the small bulkhead behind that port. I wasn't quite ready to get the Dremel out on a new frameset, so haven't done that yet, but probably eventually will.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [dl1340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife has a P2 (she likes it.....I hate it and the stupid horizontal dropouts). If you don't mind the crappy cockpit a very nice upgrade for less is the Profile Design Aeria Hydration System and Stem. P2 BTA choices are not that good but he PD system makes that problem go away. Also the stem helps with the cable management which is also a PITA on the P2.
Quote Reply

Prev Next