Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Music Devices and Apple Airpods
Quote | Reply
Are you still having issues using the two products together?

It seems like they released Spotify without too many headaches and I want to pull the trigger on the Garmin 645 but won't if they still have dropped connection with Apple Airpods.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Music Devices and Apple Airpods [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s not perfect. Especially when there is another Apple Bluetooth product near by. I have sometimes they don’t pair or only one does. Theni have to turn watch off and on. Otherwise I love them.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Music Devices and Apple Airpods [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get the same thing (only one bud working) when using my Apple Watch too. I typically just put the buds back in their case, close the lid and re-connect. Usually works.

Anyone else? Seeing everyone's 'top 5' Spotify posts today and its driving me bonkers that I have to use Apple music.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They do NOT work together, period!

Don't waste your time trying to figure out while it works sometimes and on what wrist and whatnot. From talking to the Garmin engineers, the AirPods bluetooth implementation has a lot of proprietary stuff in it, and the current version of the Garmin 645 Music does not support those. Garmin may, MAY, support that later, but not right now, I was told emphatically.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Music Devices and Apple Airpods [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
They do NOT work together, period!

Don't waste your time trying to figure out while it works sometimes and on what wrist and whatnot. From talking to the Garmin engineers, the AirPods bluetooth implementation has a lot of proprietary stuff in it, and the current version of the Garmin 645 Music does not support those. Garmin may, MAY, support that later, but not right now, I was told emphatically.

Interesting. When was your conversation with Garmin? There was a Garmin Forum thread created just a couple days ago and they were saying the updated firmware on Garmin has helped but definitely not completely fixed it.

It's such a bummer though. I hate my Apple watch so much for GPS/running but love it so damn much for getting music but hate that I have to use the craptastic Apple Music app.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About 3 months ago, but was told categorically the current generation of Garmin 645 simply doesn't have the hardware in it to work with the AirPods, not matter what the improvements may be in firmware updates.

I used to have a Garmin 325, and liked it for its utilitarian functions. Then I switched to the Apple Watch 3 (cellular) with the AirPods, thinking that I don't need to carry a phone anymore. It turned out the AW3 didn't last more than a hour when I got everything going, streaming over cellular, took a 2 minute call, GPS/HR with Runtastic, AirPods/bluetooth, etc. So that option didn't work.

I was super excited to see the Garmin 645 Music, and thinking the combo of that with AirPods would be the next best thing. To my surprise, of all BT headphones, the Garmin 645 didn't work with the AirPods. That simply is no excuse, and whoever was the product manager at Garmin should be shot. In any event, after much experiment with a few different bluetooth headphones (the 645 is very finicky), I settled on the Jabra 65t. So far, so good. For most of my long runs, I just download a bunch of music or podcasts, and no longer carrying my phone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was about to say this, but thankfully you stated it at the end:

Simple solution - buy another set of headphones.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Music Devices and Apple Airpods [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also annoying about the 645, but good to keep in mind: you get much better bluetooth results if you wear the watch on the side of your body that your headphone’s bluetooth receiver is on. I wear my watch on my left wrist, except when I run. My bose soundsport headphones cut in and out if I don’t wear my watch on my right wrist while I run as that is the side my headphone’s receiver is on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They work on my 5X+ The problems only started recently but not all the time. Like 95% great.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply